Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah would have thought this puts a line through Warner. At least for the foreseeable future.

Bolton & Pickett will be a big drain on our salary cap so there’ll likely be some outgoings one would think.
Fyfe and Walters come off the books next year. Tabs Hughes will be delisted. Emmett might be a casualty in all this but he wouldn't of got a game with these 2 coming in anyway.

My thinking is if these guys want to come now and it's 100% you can't not do it on the off chance Chad wants to come next year. I'll take the 2 definite now rather than a hopeful pne next year.

I cannot stress enough how badly the club needs to make this happen. Bolton AND Pickett in purple in 2025 and we are suddenly premiership contenders.

I don’t want to see anyone compare this to the Hogan and Lobb trade because it’s not even remotely similar. We weren’t in a position to do the trade back then, we were right at the start of our rebuild, and through a set of uniquely unfortunate circumstances it ended up backfiring.

This is different. We are already stacked with young talent and it’s not like Bolton (25) and Pickett (23) are dinosaurs. Anyone who’d rather hit the draft then make a big play for these two, especially when there are no real standouts in said draft that can come in and have an immediate impact, has rocks for brains.

Opportunities like this, especially for our club, do not come around often. When they do you have to grab them with both hands. Two elite small forwards who can both go into the midfield when needed. Bolton brings the X factor, Pickett brings the intensity. Sign me the **** up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If both Bolton and Pickett eventuate I could see why the Switta return to Melbourne rumours were swirling.

I wouldn’t like it, but is there a chance Switta / Sturt form part of the Pickett trade ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sturt just re-signed, there's a 0% chance he's involved.

If both Bolton and Pickett eventuate I could see why the Switta return to Melbourne rumours were swirling.

I wouldn’t like it, but is there a chance Switta / Sturt form part of the Pickett trade ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sturt re-signed for two years yesterday, he’s staying.

Pickett and Bolton for Switta? I like Switta but I’d be packing his bags and driving him to the airport myself.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Shai Bolton's old man Darren played for Fremantle. A grand total of 2 games in 1999. A fellow NSHS boy, we were in the same year.

c2e390c09ede2df767fa30e3605f4e84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really think they need to remove free agency compensation and change the requirements to be either restricted or unrestricted. Should be based off a number of things like new contract, games played that season, age etc.

There's always ways to match deals for restricted free agents by adjusting the cap.

It'd force the majority of restricted free agents into trades and lesser players who are unrestricted free agents can just move to who they like.

It kind of stinks better clubs can just bring in good players for nothing and the current system actively encourages the weaker clubs to let their players walk.

What a fantastic system. Hawthorn get a player while giving up zero assets and St. Kilda get a pick from thin air that fcks over everyone who picks after them in the draft order. Gotta love it.

Wait until they bring in purchasing cap space for picks...Saints could lose Battle, get pick 7 then sell the cash they were going to use on Battle for another pick. The system is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back