Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of Treacy, he was nearly out the door last year.

Had a Walters style talking to (same as Lobb, Logue etc.) and it didn't go down too well to begin with.

His off-season and on-season would indicate the message got through.

If Darcy is in the same boat, and the message isn't getting through, shrugs

Who did the talking to Treacy? We need that person or persons to have another go at Darcy and also have a word to Cox.

Just catching up with this Kosi chat, on a scale of 1-10 being highly unlkely to certainty, it sounds about a 4 at best to me

i1. He's pulled this stunt before in prior off seasons and is a known flip-flopper
2. Too hgh a price to pay draft wise, probably higher than Bolton knowing how hard Melbourne will fight (very) versus how hard Richmond will fight (not as much)

He'd be brilliant but can't see it happening really

There's a major difference this time ... Melbourne are rooted. Trac will be gone. Oliver cooked. Brayshaw gone. Neale-Bullen (underrated) gone. Viney almost left. Gawn and May older.

Well if this turns out to happen and we land both Bolton and Pickett i think our list management team might deserve a massive pat on the back.

I’m just saying if Logue, Acres, Schultz and others i might be forgetting got the money and length of contracts they all wanted we wouldn’t be in the position to even consider these two A grade talents.

There's a major difference this time ... Melbourne are rooted. Trac will be gone. Oliver cooked. Brayshaw gone. Neale-Bullen (underrated) gone. Viney almost left. Gawn and May older.
The Dees are in a world of pain at the moment. As you say, all those are either out the door or very disgruntled.And they are only the ones that we hear of.
And I read this morning that their President, I think it was has said she has not even spoken to Petracca since the injury.
The club has been in melt down for a few years, the allegations re their coach.
Remember also that Melbourne were given vast amounts of assistance to help them build. Putting in someone appointed to lead them out of the trouble. Appointed Roos to coach them. All from the AFL.
They were badly in trouble if you remember when the amalgamation of them and the Hawks was promoted. Almost tore two clubs apart.
They are like a club walking to the gallows. And even then they will be saved by the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Sturt starts. He’s the medium hit up.
Landing both Pickett and Bolton id look at trading Switta if he wanted out. Involve him with 1 of the trades

I know we ended up getting a top ten pick for Schultz, but different circumstances we wanted him to stay and when the deal was done many expected that pick to be 16-18. If we look to off load Switta and other clubs value him as an early 2nd rounder I'd prefer to trade a future 2nd.

Peter Vlahos on sen with some Bolton and Pickett news.

Says Bolton is on 800k a year
Thinks Pickett is on 900k a year.

Says the stumbling block particularly for Pickett is the money. His mail is his contract $ is a big reason it might not go ahead.

I think Sturt starts. He’s the medium hit up.
Landing both Pickett and Bolton id look at trading Switta if he wanted out. Involve him with 1 of the trades
I agree, I think it is Switta who would be depth as Bolton would be better at the mid/fwd role and both are leagues ahead as pure small forwards.

Sturt Treacy Jackson
Bolton Amiss Pickett

As your lock it in 6, Switta/Rick/Banfield/Simpson/Emmett to be in competition for the last 1 or 2 forward line spots.

Young/Serong/Brayshaw to continue to develop as dangerous while resting forward. Imagine having Kozzi or Shai being dangerous at a forward stoppage and players needing to decide whether to try and squeeze their soace or mark Young who has already shown an ability to score from stoppage in the forward line, instead of Switta not making the distance from 30.

Then Sharp (at first half of the season energy level) and Noddy on opposite wings ready to drift forward and kick one from 50 on the run.
Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

Pickett and Bolton are fantastic footballers and big gets but they are still not at the level of Warner. If there's an avenue to get the Chad in purple this or next season then you take it without any questions.

The ideal is we find a way to avoid using next year's draft picks in this season's dealing and I don't think it's impossible. More so when both Pickett and Bolton have very strong arguments regarding homesickness and young families needing familial support. It would be a pretty heartless club not to accept a deal if they press those facts in an effort to keep a player there who doesn't want to be there. The offers of 9 and 27 or 10 and 17 are incredibly good offers in the first place and far from a slap in the face.

Peter Vlahos on sen with some Bolton and Pickett news.

Says Bolton is on 800k a year
Thinks Pickett is on 900k a year.

Says the stumbling block particularly for Pickett is the money. His mail is his contract $ is a big reason it might not go ahead.
With all the players at Melbourne on a premiership run, how on earth were they paying a 3rd or 4th year Pickett so much? That makes little sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back