Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

On another note, little birdy told me today that he trains Jaren Carr (son of Matthew Carr) and that Freo are extremely interested in picking him up this year. Anyone else heard of that? Wouldn't say he's too impressive but haven't actually watched him

View attachment 2096158
Worth noting that, per new rules, a father-son who isn't selected in the national draft can nonetheless be pre-selected on the relevant team's rookie list. Might contribute to Freo thinking it makes a fair amount of sense?

Cat A rookie list spot to be clear, so wouldn't compete with the three Cat B rookie spots (another recent change I think?) that (along with Draper) right now seem to be fought btwn other NGAs and the Irish players we trialled recently.

The idea of going from Walters/Emmett at the start of this year to Bolton/Pickett at the start of next year is insane. I'm going to be so upset it we can't get it done. The fact that it's even close to being reality is mind boggling.
It's not close to reality. It's a reasonable way from reality IMO. Prepare yourself for Bolton yes, but not both

Erasmus is the one that could unlock things IMO

If we can somehow get a 2nd for him then we can bundle that with 27 and our 4th rounder to get a pick off teams who need points (GC, Brissy?)

Erasmus would be surplus to needs, (I also think we would lose Johnson in a couple years too in this scenario, cap space will get tight in a few years)

I know people want Ras in Fyfes role but a mixture of Bolton/Johnson/Noddy and Pickett in a pinch can easily cover Fyfes inside minutes. There simply won't be enough midfield time to go around.
no, keep erasmus. 190 cm midfielders with his athletic attributes don't grow on trees.

anyone keen to do some work on Brissy and GC points wise?

GC are usually our key to unlocking things, what are they doing with 12/20 when Lombard comes up, can we shift pick 10 down to 12 and gain enough capital? does that get them ahead of Lombard bid though?

Worth noting that, per new rules, a father-son who isn't selected in the national draft can nonetheless be pre-selected on the relevant team's rookie list. Might contribute to Freo thinking it makes a fair amount of sense?

Cat A rookie list spot to be clear, so wouldn't compete with the three Cat B rookie spots (another recent change I think?) that (along with Draper) right now seem to be fought btwn other NGAs and the Irish players we trialled recently.

Yeah from what I was told he's trained with the Dockers a few times

Pretty confident both Pickett and Bolton get to Freo.
Freo doing public speak to not force a Weller situation with Pickett.
My heart is telling me that there's no way all of this would be this public with a "nominated" club if it wasn't going to happen.

We've had players in the same situation over here in the past couple years and those players' concerns well dealt with without any external trade speculation, as I'm sure is the case with almost every other club. For it to go public must mean there's legs.

Erasmus is the one that could unlock things IMO

If we can somehow get a 2nd for him then we can bundle that with 27 and our 4th rounder to get a pick off teams who need points (GC, Brissy?)

Erasmus would be surplus to needs, (I also think we would lose Johnson in a couple years too in this scenario, cap space will get tight in a few years)

I know people want Ras in Fyfes role but a mixture of Bolton/Johnson/Noddy and Pickett in a pinch can easily cover Fyfes inside minutes. There simply won't be enough midfield time to go around.
I'm still of the view that you don't trade players in-contract you want to keep unless you get crazy overs, and Erasmus and Switta are 2 that have been floated here which I imagine the club has in the "want to keep" bracket (Ras for now, Switta pretty much locked into "want to keep"). But admittedly right now the asset squeeze is making options like that more tempting. If it becomes too significant, accepting "fair value" for someone you'd rather keep becomes the best option to unlock trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Baker no longer on the radar? He has more experience across all patches of the ground.

Is Warner out in favour of the Bolton/Pickett combo?
If Baker proved his allegiance’s were with us quicker and not be torn for the last few months we’d honestly prioritise him.

As I said yesterday and proven right by Rhinos tweet..whoever is further down the path is our priority. Bolton has been in contact longer and put in his trade request.

I reckon we’d want Pickett more tbh, but it seems to be the way we operate in trades. We honour those who are 💯 in before the others.

Do we generally miss out on trade targets when they're publicised this much?
No, but it is a new world with regards to moving in contract. I would consider Bolton close to a lock and Pickett increasingly likely. I think if we don't get Pickett then get ready for Warner in 2026

Do we generally miss out on trade targets when they're publicised this much?
Mitch Clark is the big one. We posted an article on FremantleFC from memory declaring that the deal was almost done or something. Then Dees swooped in.

Heath Black tried to get back to Freo a year before he did. That fell apart.

Then Sharp is the most recent one which GC screwed up.

Lachie Neale a couple years back

Fair, think that media coverage was a bit trigger happy though. This seems more realistic

Funny that I think it was Rhino that broke that news too...

No, but it is a new world with regards to moving in contract. I would consider Bolton close to a lock and Pickett increasingly likely. I think if we don't get Pickett then get ready for Warner in 2026

Yeah, was gonna say, think when the club allow trade rumours to circulate this heavily (added with the fact they said they'd be aggressive) there's a strong chance 2 of the 3 get done

Mitch Clark is the big one. We posted an article on FremantleFC from memory declaring that the deal was almost done or something. Then Dees swooped in.

Heath Black tried to get back to Freo a year before he did. That fell apart.

Then Sharp is the most recent one which GC screwed up.

These were a while ago under old management (I believe). We got Sharpy in the end... ;)

Fair, think that media coverage was a bit trigger happy though. This seems more realistic

Funny that I think it was Rhino that broke that news too...
That news was all over here a couple weeks before Rhino broke it. Was basically an open secret. That one was genuinely Brisbane going into damage control mode, and I honestly think Neale felt guilty that he completely blindsided them and felt compelled to stay.

Had it waited until exit meetings and a formal request then I think it would have gone through.

To be fair, for most us it's hardly a discussion, more just name your price. I feel for you guys to be honest

I think two firsts is reasonable if one is late and one is mid first round. That or a top 5 pick. Absolutely shattered if he goes but we kinda need to blow it up.

Nah, jump on board the hype train, genuinely seems like Pickett is a real chance
Genuinely based on what?
I spent the last 12 months reading a bunch of bulldust about Logan genuinely happening too, iwhen it also smelt unlikely to me.
I've got no ITK, it just doesn't look like the sort of deal that will happen for several (I would have thought) obvious reasons.. Just like Logan.
I'm excited over Bolton because that will happen barring some **** up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back