Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming in peace, I am from WA and have a soft spot for Freo.

I think Freo has to go all in on this, especially considering the age of both Bolton and Pickett. If they were both 28, it's a different story, but having players this good at this age request to come to your club just doesn't happen. I don't know how serious/realistic the Pickett idea is, but I think it has to be given a proper crack.

Bolton + Picket instantly turns your biggest weakness into a massive strength and I think if you can pull it off it's by far the best 22 in the comp (assuming fitness).

No core players 30+ except maybe Fyfe. Brayshaw, Serong, Jackson, Clark, Pickett, Young, Amiss, Treacy, Draper all 24 and under, with Erasmus, Johnson, Voss, NOD etc all developing and fighting for spots aswell. Could have almost half your best 22 be under 25 yrs old who are proven already at AFL level.

Not a situation in which its an ageing list that needs FRP injections, it's an extremely young list that is already top 4 potential. I am excited to see if Freo pull the trigger and go for it.

Last edited:

I think Freo has to go all in on this, especially considering the age of both Bolton and Pickett. If they were both 28, it's a different story, but having players this good at this age request to come to your club just doesn't happen. I don't know how serious/realistic the Pickett idea is, but I think it has to be given a proper crack.

Bolton + Picket instantly turns your biggest weakness into a massive strength and I think if you can pull it off it's by far the best 22 in the comp (assuming fitness).

No core players 30+ except maybe Fyfe. Brayshaw, Serong, Jackson, Clark, Pickett, Young, Amiss, Treacy, Draper, Pickett all 24 and under, with Erasmus, Johnson, Voss, NOD etc all developing and fighting for spots aswell. Could have almost half your best 22 be under 25 yrs old who are proven already at AFL level.

Not a situation in which its an ageing list that needs FRP injections, it's an extremely young list that is already top 4 potential. I am excited to see if Freo pull the trigger and go for it.
Good summation.

Opportunities like this rarely present themselves where you have two reasonably young high quality players wanting to join your team.

We need to make it happen and having them all coming through at the same time will open the window for a number of years.

I fear we may lose a few players along the way but there is always a price to pay, but we need to be ruthless if we want to win premierships.

So is Baker no longer on the radar? He has more experience across all patches of the ground.

Is Warner out in favour of the Bolton/Pickett combo?

Surely this is greedy.

But he could improve our defensive ground ball gets, and our transition.

Bolton for 10 and 17
Pickett for 9 and F1
Baker for 25

Freo will bleed draft picks for the boost next year.
campaigners are in damage control and starting to look over the shoulder after this waste of a season.
Waste of 3 seasons after losing so many best 22.

Damage control is not a way to run a club.

Terrible take. Our draft picks currently are almost worthless to us. No 18 year old are coming in to improve this side. Wasted seasons? Hardly. If you can't see the overall improvement and the trajectory of this team, I don't know what to tell you.

Pickett and Bolton are elite/very good in an area of significant need for us. Both are young (Pickett especially). Who cares if we spend 2 firsts and a second on each? We won't, but really, who cares? We get those two, and we're likely the most potent side in the comp. Only thing we're missing then is a midfield bull/lockdown, which I feel Johnson can become, and NOD has shown some genuine signs (albeit small sample size). This is also negated by a fit Darcy.

To further devalue the picks, with respect to us, is that we have some gun NGA talent coming in the next year or two, so we won't need high picks for potentially elite talent, plus the likely expansion of trading firsts from next year means there is a path to get Warner.

Opportunities like this never come around, certainly not for Freo. The fact we're in this space involves a bit of luck (Treacy becoming a star, Collingwood dropping as far as they did), but also bloody good list management over the last few years. We've locked our essential guys in long-term, and shed those we felt we could replace. Looking at the potential 23 next year only Acres would potentially make it, but I'm backing in NOD/Sharp to be honest. No one else is anywhere near it.

No damage control here; Garlick has been superb and off-field we're the best we've ever been. We simply wouldn't be in the position to take advantage of this opportunity if we weren't.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
If danster168 starting position is 10, F1 & 27 I suddenly feel like this is actually doable.
Bolton - 9 & 15 (port)
Pickett - 10 & F1

It probably means we don’t get as much of Boltons wages covered as if we coughed up 9&10 but think we can juggle contracts around to make it work, someone already suggested Bolton is open to extending to smooth it out, this is also exactly why we won’t extend Brayshaw until after all the dust has settled. If there’s anything left over next year we front end his new contract, if we max out next year we move his pay day to 2026 when Fyfe, Walters and Aish are off the books.
This is actually happening!

No wonder Baker is tossing up between WC and us, he does not know if we will have any picks left to get him.

I am pretty sure he said screw Richmond, I don't want to play for those cellar dwellers, I will play free if you sign me and happy to come through the PSD.

if you get both these guys now fire that rule Warner out next year?-

Kozzy leaving is awful but if he went to Freo it’s one of the few clubs I could stomach. You’re like the interstate Melbourne with the doomer fans, constant disappointing seasons, listless performance with finals on the line and a coach thread that gets 5 posts a minute after a loss. Would give you a ridiculously good 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kozzy leaving is awful but if he went to Freo it’s one of the few clubs I could stomach. You’re like the interstate Melbourne with the doomer fans, constant disappointing seasons, listless performance with finals on the line and a coach thread that gets 5 posts a minute after a loss. Would give you a ridiculously good 22.

Yeah our salary cap space will be full, and some.

I think we may be looking to trade a few fringe players out if we get both players in.

There is no way if I am Fyfe or Walters, would I be looking to retire early. Especially Fyfe, who has a decent chance of being best 22 for 10 or so games next year.

They both would love a flag to finish their career.

Think we could still get Warner but it would involve moving Darcy and his $, O’Meara, Fyfe,Walters,Aish all retiring and even then we would need some creative bookmaking

No core players 30+ except maybe Fyfe. Brayshaw, Serong, Jackson, Clark, Pickett, Young, Amiss, Treacy, Draper all 24 and under, with Erasmus, Johnson, Voss, NOD etc all developing and fighting for spots aswell. Could have almost half your best 22 be under 25 yrs old who are proven already at AFL level.

come on into the tent jw...
your words are like a golden shower...of pearls
perfect background music for our little play

I'm not angry at Freo fans..? he hasn't officially said that he wants to come to Freo.

Nah, we have Kalani White but given the exodus of Petracca and maybe Pickett as well as ANB and losing Brayshaw, having Mac Andrew stolen from us and losing Jackson there's more likely chance that he'll nominate Gold Coast as his destination as he's in their academy. Then again, there are mixed reports on him. but there's been nothing to suggest that he's going to be a first round sort of prospect.

We should be compensated for Kalani White given the circumstances behind how you got his Dad.

FREO KOZZY’S ‘PREFERENCE’

Fremantle is seen as the frontrunner to land Melbourne livewire Kysaiah Pickett should a move come to fruition.

It emerged this week that Pickett was the latest Demon to be weighing up his future after indicating a level of homesickness in his exit meeting.

And according to reports from Channel 7 Melbourne’s Theo Doropoulos and Channel 7 Perth’s Ryan Daniels, the Dockers are the 23-year old’s preferred landing spot.

Complicating matters, however, is Fremantle’s bid for Tigers gun Shai Bolton, who Daniels labelled the “priority” this trade period.

The Dockers hold three first round picks — their own (No. 9), Collingwood’s (No. 10) and Port Adelaide’s (No. 17).

It’s understood should a deal with Fremantle fall through, the Eagles remain an option. Picket has links to West Coast through cousin Liam Ryan.

There is no way if I am Fyfe or Walters, would I be looking to retire early. Especially Fyfe, who has a decent chance of being best 22 for 10 or so games next year.

They both would love a flag to finish their career.
Fyfe I can understand.

Walters not so much given these two blokes will make it really hard for him to get a game.

Fyfe I can understand.

Walters not so much given these two blokes will make it really hard for him to get a game.

Even if we don't get these two i will be annoyed if Sonny gets a guernsey in R1 while Simpson is at Peel.

Hopefully the smoke will be the welcome back to country for two of the most exciting forward talents in the league.

We have a proud history of indigenous players and this would be another chapter altogether.

Kozzie is a human highlight reel

Too Deadly!

Snapping left & rights from 35+ ain’t that something 😍

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back