Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not pushing Switta out the door, and if he did request a trade, I’m pretty sure the club with the same “required player” line they used with Lobb, right up until both Pickett and Bolton are brought in, then like Lobb we’d be open to entertain offers. If Melbourne or Tigers happened to be interested in him, then that could also make him available.
The more I think about, if Melbourne wanted to try and go with a “rebuild while still contending” if they lose Pickett and Trac, the may well be interested in both Switta and Brodie.
Pickett - 10, Switta, Brodie
Petracca - 11, Cerra, something else.
Hedges their bets, brining in 2x 1st round picks in an even draft, while also replacing the players they are losing.

There's only so many forward 50 entries to go around and Bolton, Pickett, Treacy and Amiss are literally all 40 goal a year forwards. You wouldnt need more firepower, you need it locked in there so they can all get to work. Switta over Sturt is better balance in a vacuum. He's the one that misses out unless you can move Freddy to a wing

Switta is a very very good player and is easily worth a top 10 pick. He does a lot of off the ball work which you don't see on TV. Even if you are at the ground you might not understand his game unless you know the game at a holistic level.
The way he moves through traffic is a sight to behold. Turning circle of a dodgem car.

Moving Freddy to wing is something I thought to, would be a real weapon. I still struggle to believe we can fit these contracts in and not lose someone good. Man these finals cant piss off fast enough
Would the points from trading Erasmus to the Eagles and Brodie to Melbourne help with the Trifecta?
What are they worth individually

Raz - 25- 30 ?
Brodie - 30- 40 ?

I can’t see the point in keeping those 2 particularly if one or more of SB , KP or LB are in the team

Then there are the Switta rumours , he may well do a last minute Schultz and be the piece of this puzzle that unlocks the whole deal

Fascinating trade period
I can’t stop watching

There's only so many forward 50 entries to go around and Bolton, Pickett, Treacy and Amiss are literally all 40 goal a year forwards. You wouldnt need more firepower, you need it locked in there so they can all get to work. Switta over Sturt is better balance in a vacuum. He's the one that misses out unless you can move Freddy to a wing
Sturt would be more enticing to Melbourne too I would’ve thought?

Would the points from trading Erasmus to the Eagles and Brodie to Melbourne help with the Trifecta?
What are they worth individually

Raz - 25- 30 ?
Brodie - 30- 40 ?

I can’t see the point in keeping those 2 particularly if one or more of SB , KP or LB are in the team

Then there are the Switta rumours , he may well do a last minute Schultz and be the piece of this puzzle that unlocks the whole deal

Fascinating trade period
I can’t stop watching
Brodie becomes a salary dump, literally worth nothing and arguably you have to pay to take him. Ras wouldnt be on that much and I think you'd be lucky to get that. Switta makes the most sense if any rumours are true

Surely we get enough pressure from Bolton, Pickett and Treacy though? Sturt is really the only hybrid lead up forward who can also crumb that we have.

Bolton would be a switta replacement IMO, that's just me though I don't really rate him as a fwd (do love him though).

Freddie Bolton and Jackson also to rotate through the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we get enough pressure from Bolton, Pickett and Treacy though? Sturt is really the only hybrid lead up forward who can also crumb that we have.

Bolton would be a switta replacement IMO, that's just me though I don't really rate him as a fwd (do love him though).

Freddie Bolton and Jackson also to rotate through the midfield
I dont think Bolton's pressure is that good to be honest, its acceptable at best. It's why I'm so excited if Pickett really is a thing. The rare beast that is elite offensively and defensively. Incredibly, if you said you had more goal kicking, or more defence from that group, it's definitely offence no? I dont know if there is a team in the AFL with 4 40 goal threats.

Switta leads the afl in tackles inside 50, if I can choose, I'm taking that over Sturts extra 15 goals (remember he's now sharing chances with Pickett and Bolton).

If you play seven forwards and replace Fyfe with Jackson in the middle, you can play:

Treacy, Amiss, Frederick, Bolton, Pickett, Switkowski, Sturt.

But Sturt isn't super in the third tall role, so play him as a wing rotation and let's hope for Voss to improve.

12 forwards haha

The North Melbourne warchest has really just gone to the shitter now hasn't it?

From Dustin Martin many moons ago, all the way down to Jack Darling now.

More chance of the eagles offering them pick 3 to take him off their hands.
Now that I read it properly, the funnier part is North trying to get WC to pay some of his salary ahah. Like, who are they paying where that's even a request?

You are talking about balance as far as pressure goes, but what about the balance for aerial/marking targets and size in general. We often don't have all of Treacy, Amiss and Jackson in the forward line together. It can be 2 and Sturt. As much as Bolton/Pickett can be aerial threats with their leap, I'd rather have 3 x taller targets down there.

I think pressure would increase from having natural crumbing forwards who get to the drop of the ball at pace to stop the opposition mopping it up and clearing under no pressure. We are 17th (differential) or 18th (total) in the competition for crumbing possessions (stats from Wheelo website).

You are talking about balance as far as pressure goes, but what about the balance for aerial/marking targets and size in general. We often don't have all of Treacy, Amiss and Jackson in the forward line together. It can be 2 and Sturt. As much as Bolton/Pickett can be aerial threats with their leap, I'd rather have 3 x taller targets down there.

I think pressure would increase from having natural crumbing forwards who get to the drop of the ball at pace to stop the opposition mopping it up and clearing under no pressure. We are 17th (differential) or 18th (total) in the competition for crumbing possessions (stats from Wheelo website).

Team defense relies on pressuring the possession as deep in their defense as possible though, and we will always have to have it because we won't be playing hitout>clearance>mark>kick>goal>repeat

We would need the forwards to put on pressure or we will start all of our defense between half back and the half forward line so those long bombs when we have finally bottled them up end up as inside fifties - which is high risk.

I think Boltons actually pretty good and Freddy as well for their height and to be honest, Sturt's marking power seems to be almost all off the lead anyway. Probably right with regards to actually having crumbers but Switta just seems like the perfect support guy for that group. His lack of goal kicking almost becomes a positive

This is fun but I work for an Aboriginal organisation and specifically with two ex-Freo players and trust me there's a lot of Blackfella's who are family and will refer to players as uncles/cousins.

Culturally they're correct and are indeed related - however very few are actually closely connected and in the know about intimate knowledge like this.

Unless that person is verified close family?

A lot more Aboriginal family members would be in the know than you realise. Word spreads pretty quick through the families.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back