Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yuk!
What is with this toxic chat
The only way it happens is if we pay overs and would definitely be the last minute of trade week.

Reckon they’ll want 1st rounder and a decent established player. Dees think they are still in the window so they want established players. I can only think they’ll ask for Switta or possibly Erasmus. Maybe even Brodie on top.

It would be on Freo.
There would need to be some sort of assurance.
You can connect your own dots but it’s all there in black and white sprinkled with various shades of grey.

It’s likely:
1) Freo has been in regular contact with Pickett’s management since the day he was drafted.
2) Pickett has never considered Melbourne the long term journey.
3) We weren’t in a strong position to bring him in previously (Jackson deal)
4) Bolton and Melbournes current situation has made him consider options.
5) There’s genuine homesickness.
6) Kosi’s management reached out. It’s caught us off guard.
7) We need to juggle the numbers. Can’t make assurances, YET.
8) Kosi and his team need to hold firm with nothing definitive and back his current club (That’s just common sense, not a sign of he wants to stay)

Now. Mark my words. The following will happen.

9) Constant speculation. Is he coming? Is he going?
10) Freo will privately commit to bringing him in (This could be as late as draft week itself). Us bringing him in will be because we have completed or agreed on the deal for Bolton. Confident we have the assets to get the deal done etc.
11) Kosi will formally request a trade. Depending on his character, desperation or genuineness will ramp up his demands and desire.
12) Trade either done or not.

We’re still so far off trade week. This will 100% ramp up. We have to wait for final placings other requests from other teams.

I’m absolutely confident this will become a thing.

I’m confident we have the assets.
I want to have the confidence you have and nothing you said is unreasonable but there is a not small chance this turns into nothing. I'll be refreshing feeds every 5 minutes the next month regardless.

It's definitely not dead until we hear firmly otherwise.

I want to have the confidence you have and nothing you said is unreasonable but there is a not small chance this turns into nothing. I'll be refreshing feeds every 5 minutes the next month regardless.

It's definitely not dead until we hear firmly otherwise.

The other spanner is there could be other players not even mentioned yet as they’re still playing finals.

I’m not even saying Warner. Just anyone higher end.

Ultimately, what I’m saying is just because there’s been nothing concrete in the past 48 hours doesn’t mean this won’t ramp up.

Theres no way it fizzles UNLESS we literally have no assets. If that’s the case, it will be because there’s someone else on top of Bolton. It won’t be Baker. Someone even on top of those 2.

The other spanner is there could be other players not even mentioned yet as they’re still playing finals.

I’m not even saying Warner. Just anyone higher end.

Ultimately, what I’m saying is just because there’s been nothing concrete in the past 48 hours doesn’t mean this won’t ramp up.

Theres no way it fizzles UNLESS we literally have no assets. If that’s the case, it will be because there’s someone else on top of Bolton. It won’t be Baker. Someone even on top of those 2.
If it is up to us to make it happen, then it’ll get done. But it’s not. Can’t see Melbourne letting him go and can’t see Pickett putting his foot down.

If it is up to us to make it happen, then it’ll get done. But it’s not. Can’t see Melbourne letting him go and can’t see Pickett putting his foot down.
We’ll have 2 weeks to figure it out once trade period starts.

Plus from now until then

This is where you're contradicting yourself. If Switkowski is worth Pick 10, then I'm sorry but Pickett is worth twice as much minimum. Kozzie is only 23. And contracted. He isn't going anywhere unless you prioritise him over Bolton and cough up what he's worth. He's a young, genuine match winner. There's not many of them in the comp
I would be happy to pay through the nose for kozzie. Not Bolton.
Kossie is sublime imo.
Switta is more mid than small forward. He is great kicking into the forward line, and his pace forward of center is sublime.. Not so much snagging goals.
I'm not sure if Switta even averages 1 a game.

He is worth a late first rounder for his speed and goal assists. Same with Shai for his goals but who goes missing regularly and is incredible overpaid which also needs to be taken into account.

I would be happy to pay through the nose for kozzie. Not Bolton.
Kossie is sublime imo.
Switta is more mid than small forward. He is great kicking into the forward line, and his pace forward of center is sublime.. Not so much snagging goals.
I'm not sure if Switta even averages 1 a game.

He is worth a late first rounder for his speed and goal assists. Same with Shai for his goals but who goes missing regularly and is incredible overpaid which also needs to be taken into account.

Woah. There is no way that Switta is worth the same or even similar to Bolton. Bolton is a match winner who regularly kicks 30+ goals in a season where as Switta has never even kicked 20 in a season (or more than 2 in a single game) and has had 20+ touches 4 times in his career.

Switta brings more pressure but Bolton is a STAR.

I’ve just had to explain to my family why I just snorted.

Because one of my online friends made a joke about masturbation….didn’t play out as well when spoken aloud.
I like that description of our online community as friends.
We should keep that in mind when we sometimes go a bit hard at each other

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne have the inside running. So if Pickett is say 51/49 on leaving, Petracca's leaving will give them a bigger cache of steaming bikkies to waft around and make staying a little more tempting.

I’m thinking more so the fact that Melbourne are adamant that Petracca is staying, and that he has legit reason to want out. Now, if Melbourne relent and agree to a trade for Petracca how can they turn around to Kozzy and say “sorry mate your not going anywhere” when he’s reasons for wanting to leave are just as, if not more legit?

I can see a world where Melbourne say nope, Trac and Kozzy are staying and they sack a few people and hope that fixes the problem, or they accept the situation and try to make the best of it and trade Trac and Kozzy for a bounty of picks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, think the comments from Garlick about being aggressive this trade period means we’ll be putting a lot of pressure on Kozzy (to formally request a trade) and Melbourne (to accept a fair deal)
As we should, if we think there's even a 1% chance of him coming, we need to take it.

We basically need Pickett and his manager to play the homesick, young family, need support card like crazy for this to happen.

Unless they go public and get more aggressive (still plenty of time), I personally can't see the trade happening.

Hopefully the club is calling him and sending down some leadership players to pitch to him, strike while the irons hot.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's less Dee's holding contract and more I don't know if Kozzie is firm in making it a thing. The weird thing that it might be cope but I see no real reason for him not to make it a thing:
  • He clearly genuinely misses WA and being close to family
  • Melbourne is a basketcase and seems a shit place to work at minimum
  • He appears to genuinely be good mates with Bolton, Jackson and Walker and would love playing with Bolton in particular.
  • Has a young kid playing into family and Bolton connection even more.

There is absolutely every reason under the sun to make it a demand but it doesn't seem he has put the foot down yet for whatever reason.
Yes . So only thing we can do is to do the Bolton trade with out much draft capital damage and wait to see whether Kossi's family relation with Bolton and his young family situation prompt him to put foot on pedal?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes . So only thing we can do is to do the Bolton trade with out much draft capital damage and wait to see whether Kossi's family relation with Bolton and his young family situation prompt him to put foot on pedal?

If this opens up a channel of communication with Pickett's manager, we should be 110% making the most of that and selling coming to Freo in the smartest way possible.

I think that is his actual range given he’s contracted for two more years and a member our our leadership team (something Dees seem to lacking aside from Gawn) if Trac leaves I’d throw in Brodie as well.
Pickett - 10, Switta (20) and Brodie (40) essentially a 1st, 2nd and 3rd in value and addresses their needs.
I'm sorry but no. Pickett is one of the very best small forwards in the league. Brodie has 0 value. Switkowski is a good little player but the guy will be 28 next year. Pickett is 23. I repeat, 23. He's worth 2 genuine firsts (if he was out of contract let alone in contract) and it seems like you're trying to squirm out of giving what he's actually worth. If we're losing Pickett, we're asking for Treacy, Brayshaw, Hayden Young etc. You can't get quality and offer up trash. Accumulating junk doesn't equal treasure. It's equivalent to me offering Sparrow, Jake Bowey and Pick 10 for Hayden Young. Come on now, be reasonable.

Bolton and Pickett are both worth the same value. It's 2x first rounders for each. Not 3 in total.

I'm sorry but no. Pickett is one of the very best small forwards in the league. Brodie has 0 value. Switkowski is a good little player but the guy will be 28 next year. Pickett is 23. I repeat, 23. He's worth 2 genuine firsts (if he was out of contract let alone in contract) and it seems like you're trying to squirm out of giving what he's actually worth. If we're losing Pickett, we're asking for Treacy, Brayshaw, Hayden Young etc. You can't get quality and offer up trash. Accumulating junk doesn't equal treasure. It's equivalent to me offering Sparrow, Jake Bowey and Pick 10 for Hayden Young. Come on now, be reasonable.

Bolton and Pickett are both worth the same value. It's 2x first rounders for each. Not 3 in total.

I actually doubt we'd offer anyone. Tigers could ask for players, but no one of any note will form part of the deal.

Any Switta, Brodie type would simply be going for opportunities, chance to get back to Melbourne and to hopefully fill a best 22 spot.

I actually doubt we'd offer anyone. Tigers could ask for players, but no one of any note will form part of the deal.

Any Switta, Brodie type would simply be going for opportunities, chance to get back to Melbourne and to hopefully fill a best 22 spot.
yeah. exactly. which is why you'd have to offer up much more than Pick 10 + a mid 2nd rounder.

It's hard to know and all a bit weird really. Like I find it very hard to believe he went to Freo and said "I'm thinking about coming over would you be interested?" We've been chasing him since he was drafted, they know we're interested so surely they must have actually requested a trade, at least, that's what they said to us?

The only other reasoning would be leveraging the Petracca stuff for a contract renegotiation but they just re-signed and everything indicates he genuinely wants to go to WA at some point so it feels silly.

Then there's so much politics and games played on these things who knows what was really said. I'd have Pickett as basically the most sort after small forward in the comp considering his age and proven track record already. I'd be pretty angry if our response wasn't, "we will do whatever it takes once Bolton is locked first, we think we can get both of you"

These discussions should have been had so it's not like we should need to wait on Bolton but there's so much cloak and dagger bullshit on contracted players that we can't know until we get a Houston type "I ain't leaving" or Bolton "He has asked for a trade" announcement. All we can at the moment is give free clicks to everything footy media related (which is precisely what they all want).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back