Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have noticed Pickett's aggression gets him suspended a lot. Not sure if that's a negative or a positive.
It's a great thing right up until the suspension.

There is no doubt that if we got him, he's going to miss important games at some point because of it.

I'm sorry but no. Pickett is one of the very best small forwards in the league. Brodie has 0 value. Switkowski is a good little player but the guy will be 28 next year. Pickett is 23. I repeat, 23. He's worth 2 genuine firsts (if he was out of contract let alone in contract) and it seems like you're trying to squirm out of giving what he's actually worth. If we're losing Pickett, we're asking for Treacy, Brayshaw, Hayden Young etc. You can't get quality and offer up trash. Accumulating junk doesn't equal treasure. It's equivalent to me offering Sparrow, Jake Bowey and Pick 10 for Hayden Young. Come on now, be reasonable.

Bolton and Pickett are both worth the same value. It's 2x first rounders for each. Not 3 in total.

Almost all supporters on here expect that if we land both Bolton and Pickett we will be giving up the three first round picks we have this year and next years first. I would expect at least one second coming back though, pretty rare that something doesn't come back in the big trades.

Melbourne have the inside running. So if Pickett is say 51/49 on leaving, Petracca's leaving will give them a bigger cache of steaming bikkies to waft around and make staying a little more tempting.
They could turn Crisis into Opportunity
Sell the silver
Start the clearout now and get a headstart on the rebuild they have to have.
Get going before Tassie Tigers raid and pillage the draft!

I'm sorry but no. Pickett is one of the very best small forwards in the league. Brodie has 0 value. Switkowski is a good little player but the guy will be 28 next year. Pickett is 23. I repeat, 23. He's worth 2 genuine firsts (if he was out of contract let alone in contract) and it seems like you're trying to squirm out of giving what he's actually worth. If we're losing Pickett, we're asking for Treacy, Brayshaw, Hayden Young etc. You can't get quality and offer up trash. Accumulating junk doesn't equal treasure. It's equivalent to me offering Sparrow, Jake Bowey and Pick 10 for Hayden Young. Come on now, be reasonable.

Bolton and Pickett are both worth the same value. It's 2x first rounders for each. Not 3 in total.
we have 4 firsts over 2 years. and 2 seconds. i reckon a deal gets done for both.

Interesting that the players have had their exit meetings and nothing has leaked regarding any of our players requesting trades. We know the club has said some players will request trades, so it makes me think those teams are still involved in finals.

As a journalist, I'd say Switta could be off to the Bulldogs.

You’d need to offer the equivalent of 2 Pickett’s to enter a conversation for Brayshaw or Young, and it wouldn’t be enough. With Treacy, you wouldn’t enter the building with 2 Picketts. Literally a dominant key position forward at 21 or maybe 22 years old for a 171cm small forward. Laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's signed for next year. I'll start worrying this time next year if he hasn't signed by September.

There’s always going to be someone a big name coming out of contract the next year at this time of year tbh.

It was Serong in 2022/2023. He re-signed at Christmas.
It was Darcy/Cox in 2023/2024. They were re-signed before round one.

We won’t be trading Brayshaw and he will have a new contract most likely before Christmas but certainly before round one.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back