Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No ones leaving. Everyones coming.
Comedy Love GIF by Voot Select

What he said is some what in line with RD told?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
A guy like that who pops up every time a player leaves has genuine connections to the club in some way. If he's as legit as said, someone at Melbourne has told him that Pickett and Freo have been a match for a while and it's a genuine request to "go home". Unlike reporters, he has no agenda either, that's pretty damn good.

A guy like that who pops up every time a player leaves has genuine connections to the club in some way. If he's as legit as said, someone at Melbourne has told him that Pickett and Freo have been a match for a while and it's a genuine request to "go home". Unlike reporters, he has no agenda either, that's pretty damn good.
Looking at his posting history he doesn't really have anything to back it up though? Nothing on Jackson that I can see, so not sure what his track record actually is.

Looking at his posting history he doesn't really have anything to back it up though? Nothing on Jackson that I can see, so not sure what his track record actually is.
I'm going off Deathly here so they'll have to back up if he's legit. I know there are some very good Demonland peeps who get good info

I'm going off Deathly here so they'll have to back up if he's legit. I know there are some very good Demonland peeps who get good info
There was definitely a Perth based guy who had a lot of good Jackson info before that all went down. Can't for the life of me remember who it was, but he did have some posts deleted so maybe it was the same guy.

The Demonland board seem to trust him though, so probably a good track record.

no way am I trading Pickett for Young straight swap. Brayshaw and Young are what say the 20-30th best mids in the game? Pickett is a top 3 small forward in the game. It's a scarce position that's hard to fill. Most teams either have 0 good small Forwards or 1.
Is that Young the #1 rated mid (possibly player, can't recall) for the back third of the season, in a position he's played for 25 games, or another one I'm not aware of?

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been an interesting week
I’ve come around to thinking that Bolton and Pickett have been on walls and his team for awhile ( long before we have known )
So I’m going to wear my super positive hat and go with they think they can make it work
They have the first rounders plus next year
We are fans we don’t know the realities of trades , points the future and the like I’m guessing the club is confident otherwise nothing would be public

So I’m going to go with
In walls we trust

I've been posting on Demonland for nearly 22 years (different name) and Chook definitely has an inside contact/s.

That said, Pickett has always been a little homesick and the club works through it. He also loves Petracca, so him staying is a blessing for the Dees.

Unlike some Dees fans I wouldn't be gutted if Pickett left, although I rate him incredibly highly, because this is a good draft and Freo can compensate us pretty well.

But I genuinely don't think he'll leave this year. Will he see out his career at Melbourne ? I think no chance.

I've been posting on Demonland for nearly 22 years (different name) and Chook definitely has an inside contact/s.

That said, Pickett has always been a little homesick and the club works through it. He also loves Petracca, so him staying is a blessing for the Dees.

Unlike some Dees fans I wouldn't be gutted if Pickett left, although I rate him incredibly highly, because this is a good draft and Freo can compensate us pretty well.

But I genuinely don't think he'll leave this year. Will he see out his career at Melbourne ? I think no chance.
Seems the general consensus among Dee's supporters that he's not staying there through his career. Honestly, if that's the case, he should be making it happen this year. He can play with his mates, in a good team and Melbourne can be more than fairly compensated. Good draft for Dee's to use the capital and might even be able to pry out one of the Vic kids as a sweetener that we took last year (Simpson or Murphy) that we rate pretty highly internally.

I have to hope there is something more to it this year because I dont think we've ever gotten this public and the fact everyone seems to know he's been "homesick" (I honestly hate that word) most of this career so far feels like he could get traded if he actually made it a thing (ie it's not a Trac one off bomb thing).

I am getting frustratingly blueballed haha

Seems the general consensus among Dee's supporters that he's not staying there through his career. Honestly, if that's the case, he should be making it happen this year. He can play with his mates, in a good team and Melbourne can be more than fairly compensated. Good draft for Dee's to use the capital and might even be able to pry out one of the Vic kids as a sweetener that we took last year (Simpson or Murphy) that we rate pretty highly internally.

I have to hope there is something more to it this year because I dont think we've ever gotten this public and the fact everyone seems to know he's been "homesick" (I honestly hate that word) most of this career so far feels like he could get traded if he actually made it a thing (ie it's not a Trac one off bomb thing).

Would be tragic for Melbourne is if he heads West when tassie are entering and both Freo and West Coast don't have or can't provide the same draft capital.

But that's just me wanting Pickett now.

Surely the baby makes him finally pull the trigger this year? That’s gotta be the factor right?

Homesickness is one thing, but a newborn with little family support around is a lot harder.

If he won’t be seeing out his career at the Dees may as well make it easier for him and his family and leave now.

Surely the baby makes him finally pull the trigger this year? That’s gotta be the factor right?

Homesickness is one thing, but a newborn with little family support around is a lot harder.

If he won’t be seeing out his career at the Dees may as well make it easier for him and his family and leave now.
Would be tragic for Melbourne is if he heads West when tassie are entering and both Freo and West Coast don't have or can't provide the same draft capital.

But that's just me wanting Pickett now.
And like, I'll pass up Warner for him with Bolton now but if Warner is a thing next year (and you have to believe everyone in AFL knows where it's at), then he's going to have to go to WC if he wants a trade in the next two years. There is a very real chance it's basically now or never if he wants Freo - and it really seems like it's always been us if he wants to come back.

There has been a lot of talk about Pickett in the past few days and it hasn’t been shot down by his Manager or Melbourne saying they refuse to trade him.

Based on recent trades, I think the below is fair and on par with what Tom Morris thinks.

Pickett - 9 and future 2nd
Bolton - 10 and 26

Maybe a small sweetener on there, but nothing major.

I don’t get the need to trade 9 and 10 for either. That is such a high trade price. Can anyone show a recent equivalent trade of this price? Some of the suggested trades are above neale or Jeremy Cameron level.

Both players have young kids or soon to be young kids, so a genuine go home reason. Melbourne didn’t agree to a Harrison Petty trade so knows what they will do.
9 and 10 was never for one player.

9 and 16/17 (something back to Freo)
10 and F1 (something back to Freo)

If Switta goes we should be able to get another 2nd round pick. As I posted elsewhere we could put together two picks (27 and **) and trade with Brisbane who need points for Ashcroft who will go early.

That way we potentially have picks 15 and 16 along with 9 and 10.

Couple those two up and keep the F1. Get back some later second round picks in the trades.

If Baker wants to come we don’t ask for change in the Bolton deal and we trade F2.

I’m just glad to have danster168 back. It’s been a long 2 years since the Jackson trials.
that was a big feather in my cap. Freo fans, let's be honest, lost all credibility when they labeled Jackson as 'potential only' and 'only a 2nd ruck'. Scoffed at me when I said he'd be better than Darcy. not only that, but he passed him in his first season. So when I tell you Pickett's worth, you will just acknowledge that I nailed the Jackson worth, and now I'm nailing the worth of Pickett.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back