Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that Young the #1 rated mid (possibly player, can't recall) for the back third of the season, in a position he's played for 25 games, or another one I'm not aware of?

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
what a specific stat. I didn't know we did stats for 8 week seasons. How about this one; Pickett has kicked more goals than Cyril Rioli at the same age.

that was a big feather in my cap. Freo fans, let's be honest, lost all credibility when they labeled Jackson as 'potential only' and 'only a 2nd ruck'. Scoffed at me when I said he'd be better than Darcy. not only that, but he passed him in his first season. So when I tell you Pickett's worth, you will just acknowledge that I nailed the Jackson worth, and now I'm nailing the worth of Pickett.
Jackson's been an awful first choice ruck mate, is far better when Darcy plays.

It’s been an interesting week
I’ve come around to thinking that Bolton and Pickett have been on walls and his team for awhile ( long before we have known )
So I’m going to wear my super positive hat and go with they think they can make it work
They have the first rounders plus next year
We are fans we don’t know the realities of trades , points the future and the like I’m guessing the club is confident otherwise nothing would be public

So I’m going to go with
In walls we trust
IWWT!

that was a big feather in my cap. Freo fans, let's be honest, lost all credibility when they labeled Jackson as 'potential only' and 'only a 2nd ruck'. Scoffed at me when I said he'd be better than Darcy. not only that, but he passed him in his first season. So when I tell you Pickett's worth, you will just acknowledge that I nailed the Jackson worth, and now I'm nailing the worth of Pickett.
Trumpian !
Make Melbourne Great Again! (MMGA!)

Jackson is still all potential, he is just our player with potential now.

Personally cannot see him making it as a first ruck but that isn't the role we bought him for.
Neither as a forward.
Except the coaches are traditionalists and like to pigeon players in roles.
Jackson has potential to be 4 positions- in one game. He’s too good to be getting 2 marks 10 disposals a game. Some Rookie Listed Matt Taberner can do that.

Jackson has been awful playing as first ruck. You clearly don't watch enough Freo games otherwise you would know this. They had to play Reidy because he could not cover Darcy's absence.

So he's flip flopped

Is he really itk
Pickett has known to do that constantly last 2-3 years. Hopefully his Mrs has a word to him. It’s early days so could plenty of time to convince him. Did have him 30/70 coming cause of his indecisiveness.

At the end of the day if he doesn’t come we hold Switta, bring Bolton in and then look at Martin or Garcia as extra depth in that dept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port's been through this a few times apparently. Such a tease.
Fair bit of time to play out before trade week. At the end of the day we have the pieces to make it happen. Switta may be the one that needs to go to make it an easier process. If not we have a better draft hand to add to some new players.

If Baker is also in play along with Bolton - it is non-negotiable that we keep a first round pick for 2024 and 2025.

I'm with Xavier Ellis in thinking Melbourne are on the cusp of a mini rebuild. They have some decent youth in the wings, but it isn't enough. I think Trac leaves next year when Collingwood and Carlton have more trade currency.

Fair bit of time to play out before trade week. At the end of the day we have the pieces to make it happen. Switta may be the one that needs to go to make it an easier process. If not we have a better draft hand to add to some new players.

If Baker is also in play along with Bolton - it is non-negotiable that we keep a first round pick for 2024 and 2025.
Its not that we couldn't do it, its that Kossie clearly gets to this point often and doesn't follow through.

Serves me right for watching Pickett highlights and getting exited.

I guess we'll just have to settle for Bolton

sad george michael bluth GIF

Jackson has been awful playing as first ruck. You clearly don't watch enough Freo games otherwise you would know this. They had to play Reidy because he could not cover Darcy's absence.
Didn't mind Reidy's game actually. Not Simon Madden, but also not Ricky Mott.

Its not that we couldn't do it, its that Kossie clearly gets to this point often and doesn't follow through.
That's certainly the Melbourne narrative... and to what degree it's true (and is indicative of this time) could vary widely.

To whatever degree it is true, it suggests he's open to us offering a better alternative.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back