Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Because as one of our experienced leaders he should have been standing up in those games. Instead he was piss poor and that is being kind. He showed he is nothing more than a downhill skier.
He stood up in the 2nd Derby and swung the game. Hard to impact every week playing a wing, especially if you get beaten in the middle.

He’s been solid without being a world beater. We got him to replace Mundy after losing 5 old heads, it was a reasonable move for our list profile to try and balance the 2022 age shift.

I think shouldn’t be gifted games anymore. The best team is selected every week and you should only have two bad games in a row before being replaced if replacements are performing at Peel.

Last edited:
Ok so based on the last few days posts, a complete list of those who we could possibly
a) trade and b) cut is something like:

TRADE
  • erasmus
  • brodie (if we can)
  • NOD?

CUT
Definites:
  • corbett
  • hughes
  • taberner
Probables:
  • walters?
  • stanley
Possibles to sacrifice if need list space:
  • reidy?
  • emmett?
  • kuek?
  • delean?
  • worner?
  • murphy?
  • williams?
  • jones?
  • knobel?
  • NOD?

Anyone else you can think of? Or who should not be on that list?

In terms of list spaces in 2025, far more likely than not someone we dont want to lose will want to go home “for personal reasons”. (Heh, bolton possibility means we cant complain.). Reasonable to include this extra list spot when planning who and how many to bring in and cut for next season.

You can’t cut Walters, Worner, Murphy or Delean as they are all contracted for 2025

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You can’t cut Walters, Worner, Murphy or Delean as they are all contracted for 2025

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, You can pay them out or the two parties mutually come to the decision to pay half of the remaining salary which we would of done with Jack Anthony and Sylvia back in the day. Eagles cut their Langdon with a year to go. Happens now and then.

We don't need Richards if Switta stays. He can just be a pure pressure forward since Bolton and Warner are far better mid rotations.

Yeah I’m not sure about that.

We still need one more goal kicker up front.
Bolton takes one spot but I’d rather nit be playing any of Banfield, Walters or Emmett

If we snag Bolton and Warner, I’d leave Baker to west Coast and take Joe Richards instead. Cheaper in salary and more of a need
Will he come here though if we are getting Bolton & Kossi is on the radar for the future?

Surely Carlton or other vic clubs will be all over him. We only get the WA player scraps.

Yeah I’m not sure about that.

We still need one more goal kicker up front.
Bolton takes one spot but I’d rather nit be playing any of Banfield, Walters or Emmett

We really don't, Bolton and Warner would be our 3rd and 4th highest goal kickers this year and Sturt (who would be 3rd on averages) only played half the season.

What we'd need far more is pressure. So if Richards is good at that, I'm ok with it on that front, but I can't see how he is B22 unless there are some role changes.

We really don't, Bolton and Warner would be our 3rd and 4th highest goal kickers this year and Sturt (who would be 3rd on averages) only played half the season.

What we'd need far more is pressure. So if Richards is good at that, I'm ok with it on that front, but I can't see how he is B22 unless there are some role changes.

He’s pretty decent imo.

The next thing is to firm up O’Driscoll.

He needs to be taking O’Meara’s wing from him with Banfield as back up. Banners plays better in that winger role imo.

O'Driscoll and O'Meara were already swapping through the wing role that last game, but Nathan was moving to the stoppage once the position restrictions moved and Jaeger moved from the forward line to the wing.

O'Driscoll is clearly higher impact at the stoppages, or closer to them at least.

The wing role sucks. Objectively sucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His dad works in Victoria and that's where the parents spend most of their time. I said including his parents for a reason eg not his whole diret family. Its also he case that Warner's extended family live in Victoria and thats where Chad spent his early ears. Im speaking to a friend of his parents in a couple of weeks. Pretty sure the younger bros are boarders.
The Warners live in Willeton and yes they go to Aquinas but are 100% not boarders. I dunno where you are hearing they spent most the time in Victoria it’s simply not true

O'Driscoll and O'Meara were already swapping through the wing role that last game, but Nathan was moving to the stoppage once the position restrictions moved and Jaeger moved from the forward line to the wing.

O'Driscoll is clearly higher impact at the stoppages, or closer to them at least.

The wing role sucks. Objectively sucks.
The wing is what it is. It's very important for transition obviously and to either provide an extra at the contest or the get out option close or down the line. You gotta be prepared for low disposals.

But I think the coming off season would be great to integrate O'Driscoll into the mid rotations. We need more options in there just for starters and he seemed right at home in there in that last quarter against the Giants. They missed a trick not playing him more in there against Port when we needed some oomph in the middle. He really can bring that dynamism. Still needs more fitness I'd say.

The hate towards JOM is a little excessive. Yes he had a slow start to the season after some delays in the PS. Yes he had some games where he didn’t perform to the required level.

He played some different roles for the team in 2024. Some new roles. Not sure that wing is his best position but with some injuries and lack of depth in the role he fulfilled the Wing role with stints at HF and HB. He made a bad decision to play on late in the GWS game. He played well in the game against WC and ok against Port. The three games in between were average. Sharp has some average games on the other wing also.

What is driving me coco is the calls that Will Brodie should have played instead of him. Brodie is no good on the wing. Had very short stints at Peel and didn’t go well. Brodie has a terrible tank. Like back of the running time trial packs.

There is an article about his personal best time trial in his last pre-season at Gold Coast. The article also mentioned that all the boys were finished and clapping him and he encouraging him to the end.

I also then read we need to play Erasmus instead of JOM. I’m an advocate for Erasmus but Erasmus also doesn’t form part of the wing rotation. Erasmus for mine is similar to Fyfe just smaller in body size. He needs to start to replace Fyfe next year. Fyfe to be managed, play sub etc. Erasmus to be brought into the mix more.

I do agree that JOM due to his pecking order now in the team will be in and out of rotations - incl. sub and some games at Peel. Walters, and Aish have dropped to this level. Fyfe unlikely to play at Peel but instead managed more often.

Also the talk about the Meek loss to Hawks being a result of us bringing in JOM is rubbish. We used one of the picks from Lobb to bring in JOM. His first year salary basically paid by Hawks. There many clubs interested in Meek - incl. West Coast. He chose Hawks. Regardless of whether the last min trade of JOM happened or not Meek was on his way to the Hawks.

I have to put up with Eagle supporters telling me consistently now how we lost another good player and players get better after they leave Freo. At the end of the day I’m actually pleased for Meek. He served his time as an understudy developing away at Peel. At one point he was playing a lot of WAFL reserves and found his way into the league side playing full back. What it shows me is our development programs are very good and our talent identification is also very good especially for ruckmen. Hence interest it seems from other clubs in both Reidy and Knobel.

The hate towards JOM is a little excessive. Yes he had a slow start to the season after some delays in the PS. Yes he had some games where he didn’t perform to the required level.

He played some different roles for the team in 2024. Some new roles. Not sure that wing is his best position but with some injuries and lack of depth in the role he fulfilled the Wing role with stints at HF and HB. He made a bad decision to play on late in the GWS game. He played well in the game against WC and ok against Port. The three games in between were average. Sharp has some average games on the other wing also.

What is driving me coco is the calls that Will Brodie should have played instead of him. Brodie is no good on the wing. Had very short stints at Peel and didn’t go well. Brodie has a terrible tank. Like back of the running time trial packs.

There is an article about his personal best time trial in his last pre-season at Gold Coast. The article also mentioned that all the boys were finished and clapping him and he encouraging him to the end.

I also then read we need to play Erasmus instead of JOM. I’m an advocate for Erasmus but Erasmus also doesn’t form part of the wing rotation. Erasmus for mine is similar to Fyfe just smaller in body size. He needs to start to replace Fyfe next year. Fyfe to be managed, play sub etc. Erasmus to be brought into the mix more.

I do agree that JOM due to his pecking order now in the team will be in and out of rotations - incl. sub and some games at Peel. Walters, and Aish have dropped to this level. Fyfe unlikely to play at Peel but instead managed more often.

Also the talk about the Meek loss to Hawks being a result of us bringing in JOM is rubbish. We used one of the picks from Lobb to bring in JOM. His first year salary basically paid by Hawks. There many clubs interested in Meek - incl. West Coast. He chose Hawks. Regardless of whether the last min trade of JOM happened or not Meek was on his way to the Hawks.

I have to put up with Eagle supporters telling me consistently now how we lost another good player and players get better after they leave Freo. At the end of the day I’m actually pleased for Meek. He served his time as an understudy developing away at Peel. At one point he was playing a lot of WAFL reserves and found his way into the league side playing full back. What it shows me is our development programs are very good and our talent identification is also very good especially for ruckmen. Hence interest it seems from other clubs in both Reidy and Knobel.
Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

Banfield
Walters
Emmett

Whatever we do these guys need to not be in our forward line in 2025. So Bolton, Pickett, Richards, Baker are all viable and have a place.

Banfield to me is actually a better option on the wing than JOM if he can up his endurance, more like a defensive winger. Feel gross saying this.

Any truth to this Flagmantle blokes claim that Darcy’s knee injury is bone on bone and will be cooked forever

Anyone catch Ryan Daniels on Triple M just then? He claimed to have some news about Chad Warner but I missed it.

The Warners live in Willeton and yes they go to Aquinas but are 100% not boarders. I dunno where you are hearing they spent most the time in Victoria it’s simply not true
So I was told that by someone who said they were friends with the family I'll see them in a few weeks. I'll ask for more details. I was told their parents were spending way more time in Victoria due to business.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back