Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

NOD on radio about his contract. Doesn't sound very promising....

"I'm gonna deal with it at the end of the year, I wanna win a flag at Peel and go from there. Obviously there's been some interest elsewhere and I just gotta weigh up a few things before anything."
It sounds like Freo are a still a bit off what he can get on the open market. Hopefully that space narrows and we re-sign him.

Cant say that when it looks likely we are only getting 1 of them. Losing Noddy would suck
fwiw I don't think we lose Noddy unless someone overs well over market.

But if we're only getting one of the musketeers, then absolutely NoD should be held onto.

(who would be D'artgnan?)

(Did I spell that right?)

fwiw I don't think we lose Noddy unless someone overs well over market.

But if we're only getting one of the musketeers, then absolutely NoD should be held onto.

(who would be D'artgnan?)

(Did I spell that right?)
I think there’s a pretty good chance we lose him for even slightly over market. If someone like Port is offering 3 with a trigger compared to us offering 2 I’m sure he’d take it.

He watched his brother’s career end before it even started. Add to that his own injury struggles. He’d want as much security as possible.

Ok I’ll admit I have a lot of time up my sleeve atm-in a moonboot for a few weeks -
So I have taken to watching YouTube vids especially of one Shai Bolton.
Man if I wasn’t a convert already I certainly am now.
This bloke can do absolutely everything -taking hangers,lateral movement insane,kicking goals from 50 ,snapping goals from anywhere and my favourite -really good at crumbing and getting to the drop zone.
Ok he might miss the odd goal but I like that he backs himself in and has a crack -something we really lack.
He is going to cost a kings ransom - but I think he can make Fremantle great again
Must get!!
Of course with the first goal in the video, if he'd been wearing purple he would have been pinged for running too far.

It sounds like Freo are a still a bit off what he can get on the open market. Hopefully that space narrows and we re-sign him.
We might need to restructure our frequent rehab points program. Seems like it's not providing any stickability for quite a number of heavy duty users of late.

It just seems to make no personal or professional sense for ODriscoll to leave now. It's the same as the Sturt bullshit a few weeks back being pushed by Huskii and friends, it would represent gold coast level mismanagement and as much as I am down on aspects of this club, we're not gold coast level shit.
We'll sort it out and he'll stay is my strong feeling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just seems to make no personal or professional sense for ODriscoll to leave now. It's the same as the Sturt bullshit a few weeks back being pushed by Huskii and friends, it would represent gold coast level mismanagement and as much as I am down on aspects of this club, we're not gold coast level shit.
We'll sort it out and he'll stay is my strong feeling.
It makes a lot of sense what. If you've had multiple surgeries throughout the year and aren't sure when/if you'll get back to full fitness, and you've watched your brother have his career ended before it even started then your main priority will be security, which isn't something we can necessarily guarantee him with all these links to players. If there's another team out there that can offer him a couple extra years on what we offer him (which realistically should be 2 with a trigger at most) then he'd be stupid not to take it.

It makes a lot of sense what. If you've had multiple surgeries throughout the year and aren't sure when/if you'll get back to full fitness, and you've watched your brother have his career ended before it even started then your main priority will be security, which isn't something we can necessarily guarantee him with all these links to players. If there's another team out there that can offer him a couple extra years on what we offer him (which realistically should be 2 with a trigger at most) then he'd be stupid not to take it.
But any competent club would sell him the vision of staying. He's from a tight knit local famly. It is literally gold coast level if we can't convince him to stay on mutually acceptable terms, it's what all competent clubs do. I think we're competent.

Martin will play at Peel. He's a break glass type of player.

We could end up with Baker, Bolton and Warner this trade period.
I think Martin would be b23 if fit.

It’s just whether we want to recruit a player that has struggled so much with injury in the past. Carlton have apparently given up on getting him fit.

There’s a big chance of it being a waste if time and a small chance of it being a masterstroke.

But that's the thing: for there to be such a significant gap, either we'd have to be absolutely disrespecting him in the contract offer or Port would have to be offering him something very risky. Now there were some weird figures thrown around with Port and Joe Richards, so in all fairness maybe Port have form in that department.

But if the gap isn't insane, you'd think Freo see what's thus far been a good WAFL finals series for him to cap off a good few months for him and close that gap, especially with the "home court advantage" (from WA, Freo family).

Thing to remember about Martin before we melt is that he may have failed the medical as too many red “hamstring shaped” flags.
Or he’s 10th in line for possible options.

Think the best bet is to leave a spot on the list open, and trial him in preseason if the blues delist him.

But that's the thing: for there to be such a significant gap, either we'd have to be absolutely disrespecting him in the contract offer or Port would have to be offering him something very risky. Now there were some weird figures thrown around with Port and Joe Richards, so in all fairness maybe Port have form in that department.

But if the gap isn't insane, you'd think Freo see what's thus far been a good WAFL finals series for him to cap off a good few months for him and close that gap, especially with the "home court advantage" (from WA, Freo family).
Yeah I have no trust in the club based on our history with this same thing

Or he’s 10th in line for possible options.

Think the best bet is to leave a spot on the list open, and trial him in preseason if the blues delist him.
That would be the logical choice, however if that were the case, why are we dragging him over now to do a medical instead of waiting until the SSP opens and we invite him to train?

LOL.
If we bring in 3 bazookas and a grenade but lose a pistol and half eaten chicken sandwich are we less likely to win the war?
An army runs on its stomach though. Could be a risk if we lose the sammich

That would be the logical choice, however if that were the case, why are we dragging him over now to do a medical instead of waiting until the SSP opens and we invite him to train?
Seeing if it’s even worth us leaving a spot for him over going after other targets?

Or we say, nah blues, he cooked. So they can delist him for later?

I don’t know. I’m being hopeful here we don’t add him (and I’ve advocated for the reasons why it could make sense).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back