Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It didn't make us any worse like people like to pretend though, he's been a pretty good on field leader, good mature body.
Boring argument and attitude. What does it say that the club offered such a nice guy 4 years at the age of 28, who’s done nothing of note at Gold Coast and Hawthorn, when Acres gets 1 low ball trash year at 26?

It’s a horrible trade, it was a hopeful quick insert inside mid (who he supposed to be) instead pushed on the defensive wing to be included with Fyfe. 15 disposlas per game in the last month shouldn’t just be ‘okay’ at his age. Rather a young Stanley or Johnson on the wing getting that number.

Now if NOD leaves, which may still be likely, and trash ‘homesick’ retirees like JOM stays for two years, the club is utterly stupid.

It's that we are still waiting on Voss' contract announcement from the club that gives me that hope on O'Driscoll.

There's Voss from the West Australian. But nothing from the club as far as I can see.

I guess the difference is Noddy in radio saying he’s not going to sort that out until after the finals are over that is causing pessimism amongst fans

Boring argument and attitude. What does it say that the club offered such a nice guy 4 years at the age of 28, who’s done nothing of note at Gold Coast and Hawthorn, when Acres gets 1 low ball trash year at 26?

I think Hawks have paid at least a quarter of that whole contract value.

Round 10 2023 against StK, all tied up at 3 quarter time, JOM scored 2 goals 1 including the sealer in the final quarter to put them away.

Admittedly the only example that immediately came to mind.
I’m guessing you mean 2024. And it’s not like he stepped up and willed the team over the line. We were dominant all game but couldn’t kick for shit.

I’m guessing you mean 2024. And it’s not like he stepped up and willed the team over the line. We were dominant all game but couldn’t kick for shit.

Almost like we needed someone of experience to have a moment of composure.

O'Meara isn't the reason we didn't win at the end of the year, he was a big part of why we didn't win games at the start of the year though while he learned that role.

It's that we are still waiting on Voss' contract announcement from the club that gives me that hope on O'Driscoll.

There's Voss from the West Australian. But nothing from the club as far as I can see.

We haven't announced any of the players still involved in the Peel finals. All 3 of our last round of announcements aren't involved in the Peel offseason

We haven't announced any of the players still involved in the Peel finals. All 3 of our last round of announcements aren't involved in the Peel offseason
I think the main difference is we all knew pretty much what was happening with those three. We know with Voss as well but we're holding off.

It's basically crickets across the board with everyone else.

Yep, whoops 2024. We may have been dominant but we didn't put them away so it still counts that he kicked straight when no one else was.

Almost like we needed someone of experience to have a moment of composure.

O'Meara isn't the reason we didn't win at the end of the year, he was a big part of why we didn't win games at the start of the year though while he learned that role.
I can’t think of a single good thing JOM did in those final few games. He’s in the leadership group, he needed to step up. He didn’t. Banfield has had more games this season where he’s stepped up and turned the game our way.

I can’t think of a single time where he’s stepped up when the game was on the line.
50 out kicked the sealer v GC.

The one against Saints.

Meh I feel like he’s an honest player, with a big name. Will find himself in and out from here though.

I think 2025 onwards if Noddy stays and comes onto that wing..JOM should see out his days as a medium tall/general fwd. Ricciuto, Voss, Brad Johnson, Bucks all those busling mids who had good skills saw their final years in the fwd line.

I can’t think of a single good thing JOM did in those final few games. He’s in the leadership group, he needed to step up. He didn’t. Banfield has had more games this season where he’s stepped up and turned the game our way.

His primary value is in working to deny space and options for opposition kicks out of their defensive fifty - unfortunately opposition clubs were very successful just bombing it to their talls because we didn't have the cattle capable of making a contest.

He was doing the running so the likes of O'Driscoll could impact with burst play at stoppages.

He wasn't doing that running early in the season and opposition moved the ball too easily through smalls.

I don’t mind JOM, but if given the choice I’d prefer NOD, if NOD is wondering how he becomes B22 and that’s one of reasons he’s thinking of leaving, I’m sitting him down and telling him the JOM role is his. 60% wing, 20% inside mid, 20% bench until he builds his tank to spend more than 80% TOG.
As I just posted if Nod stays and Sharpy continues reasonableish form on the wing..JOM should be competing with Sturt, potentially Jack Martin as a medium tall/General fwd. May be behind Sturt at the start of the year if that’s where he’s played, but you’re guaranteed a guy of his calibre would be banging the door down at Peel. If Nod leaves, I guess we persist with him on the wing.

You can’t deny his kicking disposal would be top 5 in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NOD confirmed he hasn't singed a contract yet?

It’s a horrible trade, it was a hopeful quick insert inside mid (who he supposed to be) instead pushed on the defensive wing to be included with Fyfe. 15 disposlas per game in the last month shouldn’t just be ‘okay’ at his age. Rather a young Stanley or Johnson on the wing getting that number.

Now if NOD leaves, which may still be likely, and trash ‘homesick’ retirees like JOM stays for two years, the club is utterly stupid.
NOD leaving isn't likely at all, the odds are in favour of him staying, it's probably a 90/10 split of him staying/leaving.

People read far too into stuff that isn't there.

NOD leaving isn't likely at all, the odds are in favour of him staying, it's probably a 90/10 split of him staying/leaving.

Mate, there's no reading into anything, the season is literally ended and he's out of contract and on record saying he wants to weigh up other offers and look at it after Peel.

Maybe he does stay but this is fingers in the ear screaming nah nah nah type of denial.

An out of contract player has been offered a contract which he hasn’t signed and when asked about his contract said that he would wait until his season is over and that he was weighing up interest elsewhere. It’s 90/10 split leaving/staying.

Mate, there's no reading into anything, the season is literally ended and he's out of contract and on record saying he wants to weigh up other offers and look at it after Peel.

Maybe he does stay but this is fingers in the ear screaming nah nah nah type of denial.
Id say its 50/50. I want him to stay like most here. In my opinion he is one good preseason away from being a solid afl regular.

Last edited:
An out of contract player has been offered a contract which he hasn’t signed and when asked about his contract said that he would wait until his season is over and that he was weighing up interest elsewhere. It’s 90/10 split leaving/staying.
I think saying the chances of him leaving being that high are silly, NOD will be a Docker next year, guarantee it. Might as well wait until after Peel Thunder is done.

I mean maybe, could very easily be waiting until Peel Thunder is over, besides, mulling over other offers is just smart.

I mean this board went through the exact same cycle with Sturt and that turned out okay.

Id say its 50/50.
Yeah we can assign all kinds of percentages but like, pretending there's basically no risk of him leaving is the main part I have issue with. Clearly, there is very large risk of him leaving.
I think saying the chances of him leaving being that high are silly, NOD will be a Docker next year, guarantee it. Might as well wait until after Peel Thunder is done.

I mean maybe, could very easily be waiting until Peel Thunder is over, besides, mulling over other offers is just smart.

I mean this board went through the exact same cycle with Sturt and that turned out okay.
If Sturt was still out of contract he would absolutely be clearly gone. Again, like, you do know the season is over right? The only reason there's any hope on Noddy is because he's WA born. The club is clearly offering him sweet FA and he has to think about what's best for him.

Yeah we can assign all kinds of percentages but like, pretending there's basically no risk of him leaving is the main part I have issue with. Clearly, there is very large risk of him leaving.

If Sturt was still out of contract he would absolutely be clearly gone. Again, like, you do know the season is over right? The only reason there's any hope on Noddy is because he's WA born. The club is clearly offering him sweet FA and he has to think about what's best for him.
I do hope if there is the chance of him leaving, the club is waiting to see what he gets offered and matches it, I don't know, I just can't see him leaving, he seems to love the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back