Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with Martin will be the same as OMeara. Players with an injury history but big wraps on them so we act like we owe them a spot in the 23 and play them each week regardless of form. Its like we get enchanted by their potential of 5 years ago!

Martin is unlikely to come on a 1 year, minimum wage ‘prove it’ deal. We will do something stupid and be offering 3 years, or 2 with a trigger. What ever we pay it will be way overs for what we get in return.
Guaranteed it’ll be 3-4 years. We just love the ‘potential’ but injured WA players.

Gumbleton
Hogan
JOM
Martin
Bennell

It make sense

Just stating facts he was rushed back with a fractured arm. Can’t imagine the medical department thinking that was a good idea.
You’re not speaking facts, just your opinion. It’s incorrect saying it’s the coaches sole decision when it’s the medical department & doctors guiding it.

Not rushing him back means not putting a plate in and waiting till Finals till his arm is healed. So they only difference is he doesn’t play half a game against Melbourne.

If you want to complain about something, pick a thing that impacted us.

If Bolton is in the bag, and we’ve told Martin to request a trade to us, does that mean we aren’t pursuing Pickett? Surely we aren’t bringing in 3 small forwards in one off season?
Pickett isn’t coming, he never requested a trade because he knows Melbourne aren’t open to trading him

Its a major list weakness and Sonny only has a year left, this is exactly what we should bed doing

If Pickett doesn't come I won't be surprised if we pick Berry
Martin makes sense if we’re also planning on taking Berry in the draft, Martin replaces Walters for 2 years while Berry develops his body/game at peel, I don’t think Martin makes sense if we’re also targeting Pickett, who’d start ahead of him.
Bolton is already replacing Emmett/Banfield.
Martin also makes sense if we’re having a red hot crack at Warner.

Last edited:
Martin makes sense if we’re also planning on taking Berry in the draft, Martin replaces Walters for 2 years while Berry develops his body/game at peel, I don’t think Martin makes sense if we’re also targeting Pickett, who’d start ahead of him.
Bolton is already replacing Emmett/Banfield.
Martin also makes sense if we’re having a red hot crack at Warner.
Still not sold they take berry even if he’s available. Took Simpson & Dealan last year. Martin might be the stop gap for them.

Pickett isn’t coming, he never requested a trade because he knows Melbourne aren’t open to trading him
We can still hope though right haha? I find it a bit odd that Walters mentioned him a few times in that West Article. But hay thats just me being optimistic.

Still not sold they take berry even if he’s available. Took Simpson & Dealan last year. Martin might be the stop gap for them.
I think Berry is our plan B, plan A is still Bolton, Warner and Martin.
Plan B, Bolton, Martin, take a first round pick to the draft, potentially extort someone for a F1 (with Warner in mind) and then take best available with whatever is left, we may prefer Goss or another player no one is even taking about.

I think Berry is our plan B, plan A is still Bolton, Warner and Martin.
Plan B, Bolton, Martin, take a first round pick to the draft, potentially extort someone for a F1 (with Warner in mind) and then take best available with whatever is left, we may prefer Goss or another player no one is even taking about.
Just don't see swans trading Warner this year. hope I'm wrong
They see Simpson as a small forward plus took Delean also hopefully with another per season they get better

I've seen Delean play well at SANFL level last year with another preseason hopefully he pops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will never forget Gold Coast acting like unreasonable pricks when we tried to trade in Jeremy Sharp a year early, but handing out freebies to everyone else in trades, literally every year.
w***ers
They wanted the F2 we got from Lobb trade. We were never trading an F2. They then got their knickers all knotted up about us then using it as part of the JOM trade. The whole thing was bizarre and then they complained about us afterwards. Then proceeded to play Sharp for zero AFL games when he was fully fit and playing the season at VFL.

Sturt Treacy Jackson
Bolton Amiss Martin

I have two massive concerns if we line up in round 1 next year like this.

1. We won't provide enough forward pressure. It will be less than this year, when we were in the bottom 4 teams in the comp.
2. You lose half of the value of Bolton, if you pigeon hole him as a forward pocket. Ideally, you play him as the 7th forward, and this gives him the freedom to run through the midfield for small stints. (5 mins per quarter)

I think Martin at this best is a highly skilled half forward (playing the same role as O'Meara, but with better skills), he could also play the half back role if he was fully fit. I don't think it solves the face we don't have an AFL ready small forward on our list.

Watched his highlights. He is a good 2 foot player. Good skills, better mark than what I thought and dangerous in the contest. (Based on highlights only )
Not one run down tackle, there were a few in the contest. He really plays as a 4th tall, and often finds space on the lead.

Never thought I’d say this but we don’t have the worst medicos anymore in the AFL. We’ll get him up n going, but he’ll have some competition if we’re bringing in Bolton and Garcia.
I’m not sold on Garcia and other than a couple of bigfooty poster putting up his name I’ve heard nothing. Not sure that he offers a lot more than what we already have.

Sturt Treacy Jackson
Bolton Amiss Martin

1. We won't provide enough forward pressure. It will be less than this year, when we were in the bottom 4 teams in the comp.
2. You lose half of the value of Bolton, if you pigeon hole him as a forward pocket. Ideally, you play him as the 7th forward, and this gives him the freedom to run through the midfield for small stints. (5 mins per quarter)

I think Martin at this best is a highly skilled half forward (playing the same role as O'Meara, but with better skills), he could also play the half back role if he was fully fit. I don't think it solves the face we don't have an AFL ready small forward on our list.

Watched his highlights. He is a good 2 foot player. Good skills, better mark than what I thought and dangerous in the contest. (Based on highlights only )
Not one run down tackle, there were a few in the contest. He really plays as a 4th tall, and often finds space on the lead.

I don't know why we want Martin, he would basically play Sturt's role but maybe we are getting him so cheap that's he's actually great depth and based on his injury history the club is not thinking he is best 22.

I’m not sold on Garcia and other than a couple of bigfooty poster putting up his name I’ve heard nothing. Not sure that he offers a lot more than what we already have.
He's a better high HF than Freddy is. More disposals, more tackles. If he's cheap to get in he improves our list.

I don't know why we want Martin, he would basically play Sturt's role but maybe we are getting him so cheap that's he's actually great depth and based on his injury history the club is not thinking he is best 22.

Agree. I don't mind him as depth, but he plays a role we already have a number of options so we just be injury cover.

I am not sure you play him before Sturt, Frederick or O'Meara. He does not solve our big issue, of not having an AFL quality small forward.

Agree. I don't mind him as depth, but he plays a role we already have a number of options so we just be injury cover.

I am not sure you play him before Sturt, Frederick or O'Meara. He does not solve our big issue, of not having an AFL quality small forward.
plays ahead of JOM and Banfield when fit for sure. watching hawks/geelong/giants half forwards, theyre all good clean users of the ball

Sturt Treacy Jackson
Bolton Amiss Martin

Switta & Freddy will play before martin

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back