Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So, we cleared 2 off the main list (Hughes and Tabs), one Rookie (Sebit) and a Cat B (Williams)

We need to clear at least two more from the main list, so who goes?
I suggest Corbett (who'd have a chance at going to the rookie list if they want to support his comeback from his hip)
and probably a delisting of Brodie if no trade can be found.
And how many more off the rookie list go?
Stanley would be on the chopping block, although I think he has value on the list.

Tough year to cut.
I suspect there will be a surprise trade request as well (hopefully not O'Driscoll).
Corbett surely has to go. Sure, he’s a nice bloke, but even when he played in 2023 he was limited. Plus a hip replacement ? Yeah he has to be pushed out, get a AFLW role in return.

Doesn't say who, but would be happy for him.

Melbourne wouldn't if they get Membrey?
Reunite with Ross at the Saints?

Would be hilarious if the Dons were having a look

If anyone is getting sent to the rookie list, it’s Wagner and McDonald, both already delisted FA for life. These zero incentive to move anyone else, just means they can also move anywhere without a trade option.
Wagner we wouldn't take the risk on IMO. He's either best 22 or sitting in the first bunch of emergencies.

McDonald we don't need nearly as much. Reckon he's behind Draper after this season tbh and Davies with another pre season is probably capable of playing more games.

I think the club re-rookies the last player to get a contract if it's anyone tbh. I reckon it looks like Emmett at this stage. I don't agree with that strategy but I think it's what happens.

Doesn't say who, but would be happy for him.

Melbourne wouldn't if they get Membrey?
Reunite with Ross at the Saints?

I suppose in a world where the Roo's want to pay Darling 800k next year and give another year on top, Tabs is an OK option.

Seriously, why did no one go remotely after Voss...

I suppose in a world where the Roo's want to pay Darling 800k next year and give another year on top, Tabs is an OK option.

Maybe he told them to get stuffed after they all had a chance while he was over there?

Strange.
He’s 21, raw, has a knack to go in hard in the packs. Fits perfectly with Amiss, Treacy and Jackson’s age profile.
Kicked 2 v Port, having kicked 2 v GWS a week before. He’s handy.

He has also been solid for Peel kicking bags of 4 and 5 here and there.

Essendon gave Weideman a chance, who’s been absolutely awful. Maybe Voss didn’t train well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely its Tabs agent feeding this nonsense to the West on the off chance it gets someones attention and they start to consider it...
Not really. I've held the view for years that Melbourne should be interested. He's not the answer to their problems, but he helps fill a gap. Essendon too. Pretty handy depth at worst. If Collingwood lose Kreuger and Johnson, again, cheap and handy depth.

I think we'd be unlikely to delist a guy with a 2 years on his contract
I agree. We either trade him off on the cheap or he stays. We have delisted players and reselected them as rookie with 1 year on contract but not with 2 years. That may be the go next year if he is still around.

McDonald having been a delisted FA and having free agency for life status already would be candidate no. 1. Emmett out of contract (bit of a risk and would give him a free agency status for life) also an option. Corbett is surely a likely delisting but him down at Peel would be handy. Not as demanding on his hip either. He can then stay involved with the women’s AFL team.

What clubs were named?
None were named;

Delisted Fremantle forward Matt Taberner garnering interest from several AFL clubs​

The West Australian
Thu, 12 September 2024

Mitchell Woodcock
Matt Taberner’s AFL career may not be over with several clubs interested in throwing the delisted Fremantle forward a football lifeline.
The West Australian understands several clubs have enquired about Taberner who was cut by the Dockers on Wednesday after 12 years at the club.
Taberner, 31, was one of four players cut by the Dockers this week but is a chance to get find a new home in 2024 with several eastern states’ clubs seeking ready-made forwards.
The Victorian product carved out a strong career at the harbour club, booting 173 goals in 125 games after being picked up as a rookie in 2012.
Taberner kicked a career-high 37 goals in 16 games in 2021 and booted a career-best seven against Essendon in round five of 2022.
He was also named in the 40-man All-Australian squad in 2020 after kicking 29 goals in 16 games in the COVID-shortened season to finish fifth in the Coleman Medal.
The spearhead has only played nine games in the past two seasons including just five this year because of injury and the emergence of young forwards Jye Amiss and Josh Treacy.
Taberner will finish the year at Peel Thunder having kicked 27 goals in 13 games this season.
“Matthew has been a highly regarded member of our playing group for over 10 years now,” Fremantle football boss Joe Brierty said on Wednesday.
“Having been recruited as a rookie prior to the 2013 season, it is undeniable that ‘Tabs’ gave everything he could in his time at the Club. He leaves the Club as a two-time leading goalkicker and a Beacon Award winner.”
“The leadership he has shown at Peel this year and his investment in his teammates will be remembered. It has been so pleasing in 2024 to see him having the impact that he has had on our developing key forwards in particular.
“We can’t thank him enough for his contribution and wish him all the best with his future.”

Surely its Tabs agent feeding this nonsense to the West on the off chance it gets someones attention and they start to consider it...

Remember that he isn't that old by Victorian standards. They have the massive advantage of players continuing to play well into their 30's, something that is very rare for WA clubs. Take the travel out of the equation and maybe Taberner's back will hold up better.

Not sure anyone would be signing him to be best 22, but he'd be useful depth. Collingwood for example only have Mihocek (undersized and older than Tabs), Kreuger (useless ... delist material?) and McStay.

I don't think Carlton would be interested, but we saw what happened with a couple of injuries and they had to play a 192cm Kemp as a makeshift KPF.

He had been in talks over east from early in the year

I can see his late season form at peel renewing interest

He's going at 3 a game for the last 10 games and realistically could've been more

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back