• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow.

Port and crows fans in the luko thread are throwing down.

Meanwhile WC and Freo fans in the baker thread

hong kong dancing GIF
Because he’s not worth a first. Yet Richmond will get it.

Wade Derksen to the Dees?

Melbourne - Reborn West Coast star Jake Waterman is another name of interest, but he’ll cost plenty from a draft capital perspective. They’re also in the race for versatile Giant James Peatling, who is weighing up his options for 2025. They’re more likely to land his teammate Wade Derksen, the uncapped tall who has shown plenty of potential.
Would love to get Brown, Derksen or Ricciardi. Very capable forwards.

For some reason, Kingsley dislike Brown and Ricciardi to the degree of using Keefe for finals instead. Bizarre.

Would love to get Brown, Derksen or Ricciardi. Very capable forwards.

For some reason, Kingsley dislike Brown and Ricciardi to the degree of using Keefe for finals instead. Bizarre.
I think he answered that question multiple times in press conferences over the past couple of months. He said he likes Keefe for what he brings as second ruck, above his other options for that position. He said with Hogam and Cadman, what Keefe brings as a forward is just a bonus, he's mainly playing him because he wants a competitive second ruck

Man, the VFL media still trying to link Bolton with WC in any way is stupid, annoying and hilarious. Same stupid rubbish as with Jackson. From Ralph's latest WC article

"It means the likes of Jack Graham, Liam Baker and Shai Bolton will have to decide upon whether they choose to move to the Eagles before the club has locked in its senior coach."

He literally requested a trade to Freo...

"Shai Bolton looks more likely to head to Fremantle given their draft collateral to hand Richmond multiple early picks to secure their man."

Or you know, because he doesnt want WC...

Why do we have to do these stupid games every time man...

Last edited:
I think he answered that question multiple times in press conferences over the past couple of months. He said he likes Keefe for what he brings as second ruck, above his other options for that position. He said with Hogam and Cadman, what Keefe brings as a forward is just a bonus, he's mainly playing him because he wants a competitive second ruck
Brown is too good to be playing VFL I think. Nice moneyball option there for someone. Giants are stuffed with small and medium forward options.

On a separate note Reidy is getting some attention from multiple clubs over east looking for mature ruck backup. Probably a third round pick if he was traded I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what the Melbourne trade would have been? That was Cerra’s first choice but as soon as we mentioned Jackson they backed away. Very sliding doors but I feel like if we hadn’t traded Cerra for pick 6 we probably still end up with Amiss at 10 and no Erasmus.
From memory (and I followed that draft pretty closely) Richmond would have picked Amiss over Gibcus if he was available.

I think Cerra has plateaued a bit as an accumulating solid to good user of the ball. Not really the athlete to burst away but keeps on keeping on and stays tidy with it. I expect he will benefit from Walsh and Cripps being fit for a whole season.

Richmond would have picked Amiss ahead of us.

Will admit if we knew the world was ending end of 2025 and we had one year to win a flag Martin would be the better option. He’s a more talented footballer for sure but I think Emmett could still be around in 4-5 years if he’s good enough - if he doesn’t improve and gets delisted that’s okay but Martin is a one year prospect every year with the best case scenario probably getting two years from him.
The "world" may not be ending next year but JL's world as coach most certainly will if we don't at minimum play in a prelim I reckon. Hence why we are going all in and thinking now with no eye to the future.

Brown is too good to be playing VFL I think. Nice moneyball option there for someone. Giants are stuffed with small and medium forward options.

On a separate note Reidy is getting some attention from multiple clubs over east looking for mature ruck backup. Probably a third round pick if he was traded I reckon.
I reckon he will be a free agent if he wants to go

Rookies who are offered a 3rd year rookie contract automatically become free agents

Don't think we have the list spots to upgrade him if we are bringing in multiple players in trades

Did Simpson play mostly HF today?

Yes Half Forward is what I would say; compare him to Taj Wyburd who was playing deeper I think?

What I did like was Simpson's pressure on the ball carrier; the stats say he only had two tackles but I thought he chased pretty well most of the day. He isn't getting enough of the ball and his decision making by foot is at times questionable. He has lots of depth on his kick and normally pretty straight, but I think he gets caught in two minds on what he is trying to do with it.

In opposition to the half back argument, I would like to see him play closer to goal and really go for the snaps and shots at goal and maintain pressure.

Got to take a long term approach to Simpson but jeez Mannagh would've been bloody handy this year

Keep bringing him up because we had strong links

Clohesy was another one we had links to and GC got in just before us in the rookie draft, he would've been bloody handy too

Haven't heard too much about mature agers for this upcoming draft

Well multiple people have said what i said so.....either we are all remembering incorrectly or you are.
I remember the talk at the time, Tigers actually passed on JVR (KPF) later in the first round too, they really honed in on Gibcus late

It wouldn't have mattered anyway, if we don't have the Carlton pick then Gibcus is off the board and Amiss goes, so we needed that pick to get Amiss

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back