Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Elsewhere, fringe forward Tom Emmett could seek a move back to South Australia as he looks to reignite his AFL career

I'm gonna choose to believe that it's a good sign the article mentioned Emmett but not NOD.
Man, the VFL media still trying to link Bolton with WC in any way is stupid, annoying and hilarious. Same stupid rubbish as with Jackson. From Ralph's latest WC article

"It means the likes of Jack Graham, Liam Baker and Shai Bolton will have to decide upon whether they choose to move to the Eagles before the club has locked in its senior coach."

He literally requested a trade to Freo...

"Shai Bolton looks more likely to head to Fremantle given their draft collateral to hand Richmond multiple early picks to secure their man."

Or you know, because he doesnt want WC...

Why do we have to do these stupid games every time man...
Even Matt Clarke on Gettable couldn't be arsed pretending it was a real possibility. With Baker it was "we'd love to get him, he hasn't nominated a club yet, we need that age bracket and leadership". With Bolton it was "it'll be difficult for anybody to get him".

3 finals and a top of the table clash in there...

Yeah, but he’s on an AFL list. Why are we justifying 5 and 6 touch games for 4 weeks?

It’s actually hard to do, only get 6 touches. He’s done it 4 weeks in a row.

Top of the table, finals, who cares. What’s going on with him.

Personally think he should be dropped.

Man, the VFL media still trying to link Bolton with WC in any way is stupid, annoying and hilarious. Same stupid rubbish as with Jackson. From Ralph's latest WC article

"It means the likes of Jack Graham, Liam Baker and Shai Bolton will have to decide upon whether they choose to move to the Eagles before the club has locked in its senior coach."

He literally requested a trade to Freo...

"Shai Bolton looks more likely to head to Fremantle given their draft collateral to hand Richmond multiple early picks to secure their man."

Or you know, because he doesnt want WC...

Why do we have to do these stupid games every time man...
A mate of mine put the wind up me last night saying he’s heard somewhere that there is some trade package deal going on which involves those 3 going over with McWalter as the new coach
Sent shivers up my spine hence Ive been looking around for any talk on this today

I couldn’t see a way they had the picks to pull this off but pick 3 and the new coach thing put an unusual spin on the argument
Hopefully it’s just the usual BS but who knows

Yeah, but he’s on an AFL list. Why are we justifying 5 and 6 touch games for 4 weeks?

Dropped for who?

We only had 11 Freo listed players in the side so we don't need to drop a Docker for Brodie (wrong position anyway)

Colton was far worse today so he clearly goes out for Wilson (Coops had 2 shots at goal, Colton none)

So who do you suggest we bring in for that small forward role?

Coops is the best option we have there, Peel's reserves didn't make WAFL finals so whoever comes in will be off a month of 0 games too.

Personally I reckon he is going to love the open space of Optus, would be mad to drop him, the experience of a WAFL GF will be great too. I'd understand if Peel had someone knocking the door down but the only player who could take his position is Colton who has also come off a 4 touch game, a week off and a 5 touch game without impacting the scoreboard.

Yeah i think he puts on enough defensive pressure to play a role in the team. He is probably fatigued but the big drop in possessions also coincides with him no longer getting any mid minutes.

What I did like was Simpson's pressure on the ball carrier; the stats say he only had two tackles but I thought he chased pretty well most of the day. He isn't getting enough of the ball and his decision making by foot is at times questionable.

Is the decision making a WAFL thing? He'll likely be presented with better options by Treacy/Amiss/Jackson and have less time to make a decision. Just wondering this as his decision making was what most impressed me when he played earlier in the year.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Young players are inconsistent, and he’s playing a difficult role.

Has some great attributes, unlikely to be a star but could be a best 22 player in his position in a couple of years.

The GF will be a great experience for him.

Dropped for who?

We only had 11 Freo listed players in the side so we don't need to drop a Docker for Brodie (wrong position anyway)

Colton was far worse today so he clearly goes out for Wilson (Coops had 2 shots at goal, Colton none)

So who do you suggest we bring in for that small forward role?

Coops is the best option we have there, Peel's reserves didn't make WAFL finals so whoever comes in will be off a month of 0 games too.

Personally I reckon he is going to love the open space of Optus, would be mad to drop him, the experience of a WAFL GF will be great too. I'd understand if Peel had someone knocking the door down but the only player who could take his position is Colton who has also come off a 4 touch game, a week off and a 5 touch game without impacting the scoreboard.

Obviously they won’t drop him.

Wilson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a better footballer than Dylan Shiel and Adam Treloer were and they both fetched two first rounders with a second coming back.

The trade that was actually done suggested he lost value on his draft selection which is beyond laughable. If anything his first four years were better than most top five picks.

Post Brayshaw’s stats compared to Cerra in 2018-2021. They’re not much different. You now know what we Brayshaw has become and what Cerra’s injuries have made him become. You’re talking in hindsight.
U r remembering he was out of contract? Two firsts if he had two years left on his contract - absolutely. Reality far harsher than this given where the freo negotiators were starting from.

A tackling freddy would solve all our problems:(. Do the team selectors just think he is too lightly built (yes ripped, but not solid) to give him a genuinely defensive role? Or is his primary role as a threat who can burn their defenders off out the back / keeping their defenders honest and closer to their goal?

For me, Martin is almost a perfect replacement for walters - particularly replacing walters’ experience onfield with ankther proven leader. If SSP rookie is how we pick him up, the only argument against picking him up is if there is someone better to take his place on the list.

Just not aware of who this player is tbh

Tin Foil Hat and conspiracy string time.

Cumming to Swans as a FA to take the Mills spot at Half Back
Mills to the Midfield.
Allows Warner to come home.

:D

And Merrett likely making noise because his 2 best mates are the club won't be offered new deals at the Bombers.
Trying a Petracca, problem is, Bombers may just tell him to stick it, grab the currency to properly rebuild or set themselves up for a raid on other players next year.

(again, silly string and conspiracy wall)

A tackling freddy would solve all our problems:(. Do the team selectors just think he is too lightly built (yes ripped, but not solid) to give him a genuinely defensive role? Or is his primary role as a threat who can burn their defenders off out the back / keeping their defenders honest and closer to their goal?
Freddy’s role is to get up the ground & try to lose his opponent on the way back, which at times he does well. That fast ball movement is when he is at his most dangerous & defence is not an option for him.
He goes missing when the ball comes in slowly & should work on locking it in with pressure. He doesn’t do this any where near enough.

U r remembering he was out of contract? Two firsts if he had two years left on his contract - absolutely. Reality far harsher than this given where the freo negotiators were starting from.
Being out of contract makes a difference but not a massive difference.

Certainly not enough of difference that a player is worth twice as much in contract.

We weren't hard enough at the trade table and never are except of we're negotiating with some minnow pushover like Gold Coast. Simple as that.

Freddy’s role is to get up the ground & try to lose his opponent on the way back, which at times he does well. That fast ball movement is when he is at his most dangerous & defence is not an option for him.
He goes missing when the ball comes in slowly & should work on locking it in with pressure. He doesn’t do this any where near enough.
Should instruct him to move out of the 50 when it's a contested situation to cover off any quick kicks. Strong overhead and a long kick, so can either roost from outside or look for a target.

Also would look at him as a defensive wing, fast enough to get onto offence if needed, but can also cover the ground to pressure on any front stoppage exits from the oppo. Can then get on his bike on turnover to drive forward.

He's fast, he's just not a quick accelerator.

Is the decision making a WAFL thing? He'll likely be presented with better options by Treacy/Amiss/Jackson and have less time to make a decision. Just wondering this as his decision making was what most impressed me when he played earlier in the year.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was only one moment, but early in the last Simpson had some time and space with the ball on the wing, he took that time then decided to kick a loopy pass to what appeared to be an invisible player at centre half back. It presented a bow tied gift for the Swans to intercept.

Maybe they were under instruction to slow it down and preserve their lead and it got too much into his head.

He should use that horrible horrible decision-execution moment as a golden lesson to lose the constraints and play with more natural dare, attack and instinct.

Also would look at him as a defensive wing, fast enough to get onto offence if needed, but can also cover the ground to pressure on any front stoppage exits from the oppo. Can then get on his bike on turnover to drive forward.
Agree. The club should get him to amp up his endurance and play him on the wing, I find it hard to fathom that he can't play better or similar to Sharp on the opposite wing.

Agree. The club should get him to amp up his endurance and play him on the wing, I find it hard to fathom that he can't play better or similar to Sharp on the opposite wing.

I know it only 1st to 4th year players, but surely this is a good sign. Frederick should have the endurance to apply elite pressure.

I wonder if certain players, can see the play unfolding 2 or 3 second early and no when and how to apply defensive pressure. Maybe he just doesn't have that.

FREMANTLE FIRST TO FOUR YEAR 1km TIME TRIAL FINISHES:

Time Trial 1:

1. Karl Worner
2. Michael Frederick
3. Neil Erasmus
4. Conrad Williams
5. Matt Johnson

Time Trial 2:
1. Michael Frederick
2. Karl Worner
3. Neil Erasmus
4. Conrad Williams