List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 9 & 10

• 9, 10 & 17

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade radio.

What. the. **** is this stupid continued Bolton and WC narrative
I think we're well done the path with Warner, and maybe they think we can't do both?

Small chance that those at the club have a bit more knowledge on the guy than someone who’s watched his three league games idk
I hope so. Pretty sure our best ever ruck and a player similar to Knobel's size was doing landscape gardening as his main job when he was Knobel's current age. Meanwhile Knobel's shown he can be a very effective WAFL ruck (in my opinion) albeit with only a small number of games. Either way no one could know with any certainty who's going to be delisted apart from our list managers curretly given our WAFL team is still playing.

For whats its worth if Knobel was going to be cut I think they would have announced it the same time as Conrad Williams was.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm not doing this. I'm sure they do, but you can say that about everything at the club and all we would do on here is nod and say yes. And the club makes mistakes, some would argue, frequently...
I don’t really think three games is a big enough sample size to declare that he will be this great player that. If you were saying it after a full season then sure, but you were saying it after he’d played one league game and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else as high on him as you are.

If we have to sacrifice someone like Knobel to bring in a Warner or similar then I’d do it every day of the week.

Trade radio.

What. the. **** is this stupid continued Bolton and WC narrative
Trying to get us to bring more to the table? (like say hypothetically our informal first offer is pick 10 and a F2). West Coast aren't going to compromise their main picks for Bolton but it they have enough first rounders in the door they might be prepared to jump in with a slightly higher bid.

Really could it be anything:
  • Media disrespecting the two WA clubs (even though WC are the biggest club in the country): "Those provincial idiots will crack under the pressure of media speculation by young men in ill fitting suits who can't grow a beard properly, bookmark it".
  • Agent hates us so much he would compromise his clients best interests to indulge it.
  • Need content

List goes on.

I don’t really think three games is a big enough sample size to declare that he will be this great player that. If you were saying it after a full season then sure, but you were saying it after he’d played one league game and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else as high on him as you are.

If we have to sacrifice someone like Knobel to bring in a Warner or similar then I’d do it every day of the week.
It's the age, basically no 20 year old rucks look as good as he has, even off a limited sample. Without listening to what freo_leo29 heard, it's a fair point that he's possibly trade bait if needed and I should calm down. I agree you let him go to get a big name sorted.

It's the age, basically no 20 year old rucks look as good as he has, even off a limited sample. Without listening to what freo_leo29 heard, it's a fair point that he's possibly trade bait if needed and I should calm down. I agree you let him go to get a big name sorted.
I share your sentiment with Knobel. Why not just take the chance and rookie him? If we are tight on list spots there's nothing to lose. He either gets picked up by someone else when delisted or we get him. I like Odin and think he has potential but if you had to choose between the two...

I noted he was wearing a Peel top :eyes: when picked out by the cameras with the rest of the boys (Tracey, Darcy, Pearce and few others from memory) up on the hill during the coverage.

I share your sentiment with Knobel. Why not just take the chance and rookie him? If we are tight on list spots there's nothing to lose. He either gets picked up by someone else when delisted or we get him. I like Odin and think he has potential but if you had to choose between the two...
Tight on list spots is not an excuse I'll accept for him to be honest. Not immediately re-signing for trade reasons I'll understand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tight on list spots is not an excuse I'll accept for him to be honest. Not immediately re-signing for trade reasons I'll understand
Depends, we may have plans to hold points currency for Brisbane or Gold Coast. so we need 'available' list spots.

Can someone link Trade Radio please I can't find it anywhere no matter where I look it up, just comes up with old podcasts.
It was just the launch today.

Replay isn't up yet, but it's all done from the AFL site/app

Depends, we may have plans to hold points currency for Brisbane or Gold Coast. so we need 'available' list spots.
No, I will deadset lose it if they delist to manage list spots. There are much worse players and prospects that should be going ahead of him
And when he's the steak knives that get Melbourne to let Kozzie leave...?
Yes, I understand for trade reasons

All peel players eligible but not selected would be expected to wear the polo at the game
Stop spoiling my fun.

Pretty sure I saw Delean in the dugout just before the final siren and he was wearing a Peel top too.

I am 100% with Snuff on this one.

Yeah but Blues have a whole midfield the same, especially with Walsh's back being 50 years old already. I still have Kennedy as the best player of the three, but he'll be the cheapest in trade
Idk if this is true generically, but I'd fairly confidently say that this doesn't apply to us. Tall, slow-ish inside mid with iffy skills who has transitioned into being a valuable utility. Isn't that pretty much champagne Banfield? I'd be more interested if he offered more defensively, and while I don't think he's a liability there (he did a couple decent jobs on Fyfe in the past), I don't think he's the answer either.

Especially with Kennedy apparently wanting more midfield time + us having already brought in experienced mids in the past to shunt Raz's and Johnson's inside midfield time, I just don't think he answers as many questions for this team compared to Baker (or even ANB if he was available to us, which he obviously isn't).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back