List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 53 44.5%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if both Bolton and Baker are coming then both 9 and 10 will be going their way but something significant coming back. No way all three head off. My scenario sees both going but an upgrade of our 16 to either 15 or 12.

I think Richmond will do a deal with Brisbane to get 15 and the Rioli deal will involve pick 12. Richmond also have no need for the later picks 39,41,47.

Baker hasn’t decided as yet and could choose WC. Then for just Bolton the deal would be more like 9 + 27 or 9 + 16 with 21 coming back.

Richmond posters can think what they like.
I think this is crazy optimistic from you, though I'd love just to laugh at a few Richmond peeps

I understand all the goodwill etc that would go into player trade requests.

But, I’m offering pick 9 and loose change for Bolton. This is a deep draft and Tigers will want that pick 9 desperately.

If they don’t accept early, I’m placing 9 up for auction. We’re talking fine margins in this draft. Do they want to lose 9 for 10? That’s a potential rival side getting a player they want.

This is a great draft to leverage picks.

I understand all the goodwill etc that would go into player trade requests.

But, I’m offering pick 9 and loose change for Bolton. This is a deep draft and Tigers will want that pick 9 desperately.

If they don’t accept early, I’m placing 9 up for auction. We’re talking fine margins in this draft. Do they want to lose 9 for 10? That’s a potential rival side getting a player they want.

This is a great draft to leverage picks.
I like the cut of your jib.

For the love of god please don’t give those smug pricks at punt road 9+10 for Bolton or a FRP for baker they are prancing around like it’s a done deal they own your x3 selections
Yeah they’re insufferable.

Worst part is they’re self fulfilling.

The more the numpties “state” what their getting , either through king numpty supporter himself ,Jon Ralphs articles or just through posts by (more than just a few) posters on BF the more it becomes “fact” to the majority of them

And it’s not just with freo but they’re running the same delusion with GC and WC draft picks as well

He has been training with the AFL ball for the past few years and sending videos to the club regularly so he seems quite professional. I heard that the club was surprised how far he has progressed.

I agree with you his age is getting up there but he still has his pace.

The younger boy looks quick as well but the problem is list spots are tight.
This guy is fast, tough tough, coordinated, and reads the play way in advance. Picture a michael fredericks crossed with a lachie schulz…
hoping we pick him up as a cat b rookie - free hit.

I think if both Bolton and Baker are coming then both 9 and 10 will be going their way but something significant coming back. No way all three head off. My scenario sees both going but an upgrade of our 16 to either 15 or 12.

I think Richmond will do a deal with Brisbane to get 15 and the Rioli deal will involve pick 12. Richmond also have no need for the later picks 39,41,47.

Baker hasn’t decided as yet and could choose WC. Then for just Bolton the deal would be more like 9 + 27 or 9 + 16 with 21 coming back.

Richmond posters can think what they like.
Yeah you're dreaming.

I think this is crazy optimistic from you, though I'd love just to laugh at a few Richmond peeps
Terrible trade if we give up all three first picks.

Perhaps we don’t get the upgrade of 16.

But in what world is Bolton/Baker combo worth 9,10,16

If that is the direction you think it is heading we need to split pick 9 or 10, because only two of three need to be involved.

9 > 17/18 and 19

10 + 17/18 > Bolton
19 > Baker

We need to get active with other options like Sydney etc. and give Richmond the choice. Baker is out of contract but will help them get a very good deal overall. If just Bolton we will pay overs. But will keep one of the early picks.

If that is the direction you think it is heading we need to split pick 9 or 10, because only two of three need to be involved.

9 > 17/18 and 19

10 + 17/18 > Bolton
19 > Baker

We need to get active with other options like Sydney etc. and give Richmond the choice. Baker is out of contract but will help them get a very good deal overall. If just Bolton we will pay overs. But will keep one of the early picks.
Yep.
I can live with 9 + 10 for Bolton and Baker.
Take 16 to the draft for a developing small or possible slider like Bo Allan.

Otherwise split 10.

Offer 9, 16 and whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to someone from Melbourne close to the Switskowski family. Reckons there’s a huge pull to go back to Victoria but equally loves it here. Reckons it’s 50/50 whether he goes back this year but 100% likely that he will eventually.

I don’t wish to lose him, but he does become compelling extras in any deal that may need completing.

Yep.
I can live with 9 + 10 for Bolton and Baker.
Take 16 to the draft for a developing small or possible slider like Bo Allan.

Otherwise split 10.

Offer 9, 16 and whatever.
Richmond likely prefer 9,10 which is fine. We can sweeten if necessary with 27 and F2 and get some of their later picks in return.

If they are set on three first round picks then we go to Sydney etc. and get them their three picks whilst retaining one ourselves.

For mine the outcome is:
Bolton only > retain pick 10 and F1 (the rest is on the table)
Bolton and Baker combo > retain 16 and F1 (the rest is on the table)

9 > 17/18 and 19

10 + 17/18 > Bolton
19 > Baker

I would be expecting at best to be 9, 10 and 27 or 9, 10, 16 with Bolton, Baker and 21.

We need to keep 9 or 10 in the draft, no way I'm giving up a top 10 just to get Baker. Baker can stay at the tigers, or we trade f1st for him/Bolton in a weaker draft.

9 + f1st for Bolton, 16 (spew it should be 27) for Baker.
Go to the draft with 10, 16/27.
Next year if Warner requests a trade we can figure it out at that time.

* If we can do Baker + 21 for 16 + 27 that might be tolerable.

Last edited:
We need to keep 9 or 10 in the draft, no way I'm giving up a top 10 just to get Baker. Baker can stay at the tigers, or we trade f1st for him/Bolton in a weaker draft.

9 + f1st for Bolton, 16 (spew it should be 26) for Baker.
Go to the draft with 10, 16/26.
Next year if Warner requests a trade we can figure it out at that time.
We won't be able to trade for Warner without a first next year. We dont have to trade anything forward but we can't get a deal done without a first next year. Need that level of planning at least.

Spoke to someone from Melbourne close to the Switskowski family. Reckons there’s a huge pull to go back to Victoria but equally loves it here. Reckons it’s 50/50 whether he goes back this year but 100% likely that he will eventually.
Would be nicer if he finishes his contract and heads back as a 30 year old instead

I would be expecting at best to be 9, 10 and 27 or 9, 10, 16 with Bolton, Baker and 21.
9,10,27,F2 - we can have some late ones back (41,47)

21 is going to push back quite a bit - I’d rather keep 16. My original proposal was optimistic with 16 upgraded to 12/15 but that was based on breaking the two deals down separately on fair value worth. Walls has said he wants to go into this draft with a first round pick and I’m hoping like Jordan they will roll the dice n other pieces to make that happen.

We won't be able to trade for Warner without a first next year. We dont have to trade anything forward but we can't get a deal done without a first next year. Need that level of planning at least.
Aren't they putting in trading 2 years in advance...I figured we can trade 2026 and 2027 1st. Otherwise we may need to trade a player to get picks.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back