List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It does, but this is where clubs need to be more ruthless.

Here's a very good offer (overs) for your contracted player. This offer won't be here in 12 months' time when he's uncontracted.

If we happen to offer 2 first round picks in the teens in 12 months' time, it is what is, they had their chance.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, it's kind of why I'm hoping regardless he requests a trade this year. There's actually a sizeable difference between pick 9 this year and pick whatever it is in 2 years (they get next years regardless of whether a trade is done this year or next so it doesn't matter) AND if he asks for a trade this year and they say no then like you said, it's easier next year to say, well, you had your chance, this is all we have.

Taking extra capital specifically for Warner is dumb and I'll be peeved if we do it (even though it's exactly something we'd do).

In the world where we are buying 400k x 4 years (or similar) of Bolton's salary. Our salary cap will be at breaking point trying to fit in the highly paid guns, and we really need Richmond to pay a large chunk. I'm continually bemused by how many people are seemingly ignoring our salary cap situation when discussing the trade options.

Trading 9, 10, 16 for Bolton + Baker is not ideal, but it is not crazy. It is within the realms of possibility. My preference would be to leave Baker to WC, but I am comfortable with 9+10 for Bolton + salary.
Salary is an intangible value to supporters though, look at how it's always glossed over talking JOM and Meek trade. It's much easier to appreciate the value in picks.

Yeah, it's kind of why I'm hoping regardless he requests a trade this year. There's actually a sizeable difference between pick 9 this year and pick whatever it is in 2 years (they get next years regardless of whether a trade is done this year or next so it doesn't matter) AND if he asks for a trade this year and they say no then like you said, it's easier next year to say, well, you had your chance, this is all we have.

Taking extra capital specifically for Warner is dumb and I'll be peeved if we do it (even though it's exactly something we'd do).

The extra capital may be a just in case scenario. Like just in case Pickett also wishes to leave.

I know I sound like a spoilt brat but I hope there's more happening then just Bolton this offseason.

It will ramp up. The Pickett request will be revived.

We’ve done well to secure NOD and Sturt. Andy Brayshaw is absolutely going nowhere.

I’m in the get Baker camp, but also in the throw everything at Pickett or Warner camp.

Bolton will be done for 2 firsts and stuff coming back to us.

We still have assets. There’s the potential to move Switta out.

What’s the worst outcome for Freo? Lose 9&10 for Bolton and that’s it.

Use 16 to draft a player.

It’s not horrible and no way we give up 9&10 for Bolton without significant something back.

We should only be using our draft capital to trade in A grade players and specific needs.

No point in trading in players the likes of O'Mera who are neither A grade nor cheap. We don't have to trade all our high draft picks unless it is to our advantage.

I am concerned the club will go on a spree that we might regret further down the track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will ramp up. The Pickett request will be revived.

We’ve done well to secure NOD and Sturt. Andy Brayshaw is absolutely going nowhere.

I’m in the get Baker camp, but also in the throw everything at Pickett or Warner camp.

Bolton will be done for 2 firsts and stuff coming back to us.

We still have assets. There’s the potential to move Switta out.

What’s the worst outcome for Freo? Lose 9&10 for Bolton and that’s it.

Use 16 to draft a player.

It’s not horrible and no way we give up 9&10 for Bolton without significant something back.
Can't lose offseason...
It would just be fun to win as much as possible haha

Zero chance Berry makes it past Carlton at pick 11, their small forwards are worse then ours
Their whole idea behind trade period is keep 11 for Berry while bringing in Houston with magic beans. How good would it be to take him the pick before them...

Zero chance Berry makes it past Carlton at pick 11, their small forwards are worse then ours
I think it's naive to think they would have such a singular focus. They were exposed this year and a small forward is only part of the solution, especially with your best draft capital.

I think it's naive to think they would have such a singular focus. They were exposed this year and a small forward is only part of the solution, especially with your best draft capital.

True, it’s hard to guess what anyone’s priorities are until at least after the trade period.
I just think if we want Berry we’ll have to keep pick 10 and use that to select him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back