List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 61 46.2%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It will ramp up. The Pickett request will be revived.

We’ve done well to secure NOD and Sturt. Andy Brayshaw is absolutely going nowhere.

I’m in the get Baker camp, but also in the throw everything at Pickett or Warner camp.

Bolton will be done for 2 firsts and stuff coming back to us.

We still have assets. There’s the potential to move Switta out.

What’s the worst outcome for Freo? Lose 9&10 for Bolton and that’s it.

Use 16 to draft a player.

It’s not horrible and no way we give up 9&10 for Bolton without significant something back.
Surely the Pickett stuff is dead now

KPP get you into the top4. Small forwards win finals. Throw the kitchen sink at Bolton and Pickett
Geelongs arguably got the best small forwards behind Hawks and that did them well...

Having smalls is great but useless when your mids kick it forward the way Geelong did after half time.

Geelongs arguably got the best small forwards behind Hawks and that did them well...

Having smalls is great but useless when your mids kick it forward the way Geelong did after half time.
Yeah the midfield is still key above all
Hence geebung getting torched in there at the end , putrid midfield, relying on a 45 year old danger
Had no right to be in a pre lim let alone GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KPP get you into the top4. Small forwards win finals. Throw the kitchen sink at Bolton and Pickett

I would say it is simpler. Good forwards of any size win finals. Not rocket science. Daniher won the game last week.

The two teams left really only play 1 small forward. Two if you include Bailey for Brisbane, but he's really a midfielder who cheats forward. Campbell at Sydney similar but with less impact.

It's the medium forwards / mids who I think are the keys. Rayner, Ah Chee, Lohmann, Heeney, Warner, Parker, Hayward.

Many people just lump all the non-KPP into one group as "small forwards". But mediums need to be treated as a separate class, as they bring much more size and marking ability than smalls.

It's an area we lack, and I would not necessarily be drafting small forwards now that we are getting Bolton. Pickett obviously is a no brainer, but if we're going to the draft then I'm looking at Hamish Davis, Cooper Hynes, that kind of player. Martin if cheap is not the worst option if he can stay fit. He could produce what Ah Chee has done in the finals.

I would say it is simpler. Good forwards of any size win finals. Not rocket science. Daniher won the game last week.

The two teams left really only play 1 small forward. Two if you include Bailey for Brisbane, but he's really a midfielder who cheats forward. Campbell at Sydney similar but with less impact.

It's the medium forwards / mids who I think are the keys. Rayner, Ah Chee, Lohmann, Heeney, Warner, Parker, Hayward.

Many people just lump all the non-KPP into one group as "small forwards". But mediums need to be treated as a separate class, as they bring much more size and marking ability than smalls.

It's an area we lack, and I would not necessarily be drafting small forwards now that we are getting Bolton. Pickett obviously is a no brainer, but if we're going to the draft then I'm looking at Hamish Davis, Cooper Hynes, that kind of player. Martin if cheap is not the worst option if he can stay fit. He could produce what Ah Chee has done in the finals.
Took Kai Lohmann the pick before Johnson. Remember celebrating at the time because there was no way Johnson was gonna fall to us. But he's looked really good. Would almost prefer him over Johnson at this point.

To me this is looking at the flashy stuff and missing the meat and bones. Good balance between talls and smalls allow for structural options and versatility. Sure, we can focus on the big plays and say Rayner won the lions the game, and in some ways he did, but the cats also couldn't move the ball past half forward in the third quarter because their tall forwards can't make a contest, making their smalls redundant.

Brisbane had a better team structurally and when the ball was dry they were the much better team. Cats did really well when it was slippery and the ball kept getting to their smalls.

Took Kai Lohmann the pick before Johnson. Remember celebrating at the time because there was no way Johnson was gonna fall to us. But he's looked really good. Would almost prefer him over Johnson at this point.
Almost! Huge year coming from MJ. I think he’s gonna have a JT like breakout season

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back