List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 27 18.4%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 71 48.3%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing from a couple of separate people now that Switta might be asking to get sent back to Victoria.
Would love to keep 2 first round picks this year and bring Bolton just with 9 or 10.

9 and Swita for Bolton. Probably not straight with Richmaond but including a 3rd team
Would explain why we might have a look at close. Much prefer to swap him for Pickett though

Was listening to the dude from champion data give a 2024 all-Australian team based on their stats/valuations.

Their team only included Serong from Fremantle but interestingly they named the players on the cusp of selection and they had Switkowski as one of the next 3 forwards, so he must do a lot of things that people don't notice on field. I rate him and we'd miss his value if we were to lose him, even with Bolton likely coming in.

Edit: :arrowup: Correction. 2 Fremantle players Serong and Young made their team.

Last edited:
Not sure what's worse, people actually taking a twitter troll seriously and talking about Close, or people continuing to underrate Switta.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Underrate switta? I swear I just read people saying we could swap him for Pickett, as if they're equivalent.
I hope he stays but he is hardly indispensable once Bolton comes across. If he does want to leave Essendon would be mad not to look at him, he is a perfect fit for them until their NGA kid whose name escapes me matures. Their current pick 28 would probably be around the right price too

Underrate switta? I swear I just read people saying we could swap him for Pickett, as if they're equivalent.
I hope he stays but he is hardly indispensable once Bolton comes across. If he does want to leave Essendon would be mad not to look at him, he is a perfect fit for them until their NGA kid whose name escapes me matures. Their current pick 28 would probably be around the right price too
They're not talking about a direct swap

Switta and Bolton won't be playing the same role. Different players, different roles, different assets, both needed. Yes, underrated

If we want to contend we need to stop leaking b22 players. Sure we might get some in, but it’s a sideways move in a way. Switta has two years left. We need to keep for at least one more year to play WITH Bolton to give us the best chance to contend. Leaking uncontracted players is one thing, but we should not be handing them away for the fun of it just because they asked.

The only exception would be if we used him to help get Warner or Pickett. We can get Bolton and Baker (🤢) without him so no need to cave.

They're not talking about a direct swap

Switta and Bolton won't be playing the same role. Different players, different roles, different assets, both needed. Yes, underrated

Bolton will, or should, play in the position/role switta plays more than any other position on the field. Different strengths as players, sure. Bolton is not going to win any pressure act award.

I do think folk need to get over the idea that Bolton will replace Walters, as in play small forward, just because Sonny is old. It would be a total waste of his talent to play him as a deep forward most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton will, or should, play in the position/role switta plays more than any other position on the field. Different strengths as players, sure. Bolton is not going to win any pressure act award.

I do think folk need to get over the idea that Bolton will replace Walters, as in play small forward, just because Sonny is old. It would be a total waste of his talent to play him as a deep forward most of the time.
I think he replaces 2019 Walters, who played that mid/fwd role that Bolton plays

It's very exciting

Bolton replacing Walters in the best 23 makes a heap of sense. Walters is the weakest link in a potential full strength 2025 forward line and rarely plays midfield. Both those things are problematic. Bolton isn't a strict like for like in game style but that really isn't an issue.

And the idea that we can afford to downgrade our forward pressure is inventive.

Bolton replacing Walters in the best 23 makes a heap of sense. Walters is the weakest link in a potential full strength 2025 forward line and rarely plays midfield. Both those things are problematic. Bolton isn't a strict like for like in game style but that really isn't an issue.

And the idea that we can afford to downgrade our forward pressure is inventive.
Bolton should not play as a deep forward for most of the game is what I am saying. He should be playing mid forward. Which us where switta has been playing for two years. And why switta doesn't do forward pressure so much, more of his pressure acts are between the arcs not inside our f50

It's a bit of a intangible about Pearce's return, but certainly he would've had a high potential to prevent critical moments in those last three games that would've turned those results.

Almost definitely he would've had a huge hand in the Geelong game where Dangerfield marked and kicked that crucial goal in the last. Replace Draper in that contest and Pearce would've had the strength and experience to not be caught out of position there.

But such is footy.
Also the Hawks game when Sicily marked and goaled wouldnt have happened with Moose on the goal line

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back