List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 72 48.3%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 17 11.4%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In a future best 23, what position would Allan play for us?

Allan's runs through and out of congestion are his most eye-catching aspect but I feel like he just puts the boot to ball before even half considering what / where / how and wastes the advantage he has created for himself by bombing blindly; he plays like a backman who is just trying to clear the ball at all costs. He tackles well though and has a good technique and also has a good "don't argue" which is useful in congestion; he is not crazy fast but when he has momentum he will be a hard player to stop.

I can see him being a skinny side wingman longer term if he can build up his endurance. I think the club that is drafting him will be going for that, rather than a HBF (you need to be more useful to the counterattack by foot for that) or an onballer (doesn't get enough of it regularly enough for that role). I think he could also be a good half forward flank, although he has not played there much. Basically to begin with you can see him being useful in a few roles without being a star at any one of them.

Of the West Aussies, I prefer Hamish Davis over Allan; for mine Davis has better decision making and agility even though he has the dodgier looking kicking mechanics and is probably not as fast as Allan.

I worry Allan's disposal is too big a flaw, I really don't like it. Love everything else though...
If what you say is true he will fall into the second round.
A lot of clubs have been burned in recent years picking first rounders with bad disposal.

I haven’t watched the kid myself so only going off you and Ysaye comments.

If the draft is a good and hyped up as everyone says, I don’t see why a guy with dodgy disposal would be a top 15 pick.

A lot of clubs have been burned in recent years picking first rounders with bad disposal.

If the draft is a good and hyped up as everyone says, I don’t see why a guy with dodgy disposal would be a top 15 pick.

Disposal always looks more average when you’re playing inside mid. It’s not elite but he’s not going to be seen a butcherer of the footy at the next level IMO.

Love the way he moves for a player of his size. He’s going to be a gun.

Someone asked earlier what position he’d play at AFL level. I genuinely can’t answer that but the possibilities are pretty close to anywhere. Need a winger - put him there. Need an inside mid - Probably needs some kgs but he’ll be able to do it. Need a HBF - No issues putting him there either. Haven’t seen him up forward tbh but I reckon he could do that pretty well too.

Yeah, that's my very amateur opinion. Like, some have Murphy Reid and/or Lindsay around the same and I'm taking those two first without thinking.

Yeah, that's my very amateur opinion. Like, some have Murphy Reid and/or Lindsay around the same and I'm taking those two first without thinking.
Saw a bit of footage of Murphy Reid the other day.

As BT would say - goodness gracious me.
What a smooth mover, he looks like a cross between Nick Daicos and David Mundy. The vision in traffic and distribution by foot was something else. Surely he’s a top 5 lock

Keep your eyes on Wagner.

Will be a young family soon, who from what I’ve heard may want to head back to VIC to be with family. Probably not this year but maybe next.
Understandable but literally just signed on for two years. First time he’s ever signed a contract extension. Suspect he’d want to extend his career for as long as he can given his history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep your eyes on Wagner.

Will be a young family soon, who from what I’ve heard may want to head back to VIC to be with family. Probably not this year but maybe next.
He literally just re-signed. If he heads back im pretty sure its when he's delisted

Understandable but literally just signed on for two years. First time he’s ever signed a contract extension. Suspect he’d want to extend his career for as long as he can given his history.
He literally signed a two year contract extension about 3 weeks ago. I think they would have taken that into account.
He literally just re-signed. If he heads back im pretty sure its when he's delisted

Kim Kardashian Words GIF by Bunim/Murray Productions

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back