List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 77 49.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's actually a pretty crazy list turnover from Geelong. 9 players delisted or retired, getting Smith which will take multiple picks and with just the standard 4 picks in the draft as it stands.

Martin is absolutely going there for free and they are drafting DEEP in this draft
Surely you try get a fourth rounder for Parfitt if you're going deep in the draft tbh. Probably moreso than normal.

With that many cuts they're clearly going deep. Probably adding some depth players for **** all as well.

Can we remember this when the perennial argument from some posters begins that we are turning over too many players on our list and we need to slow down the turnover and stabilise the list because that’s what top 4 teams do? 💁🏻‍♂️🤔

Like every other year we should be averaging 7-8 players departing and the same amount of new players incoming on our list, that’s just standard, afl average list turnover.
If we can also remember that not all trades/delistings are equivalent and that there is a difference between "list" and "best 23". I haven't seen many arguments that we need to keep, e.g., Stanley for list stability reasons. If it's Switta we're talking about, on the other hand, I think the point about stability (just as importantly, experience too) is significant.

I understand that you're thinking about the suggestions every year that we re-sign the vast majority of OCCs and just draft one or two rookies, but I take it you're not in favour of trading out our top 5 in the Doig purely for the sake of hitting the 7–8 player turnover average.

If we can also remember that not all trades/delistings are equivalent and that there is a difference between "list" and "best 23". I haven't seen many arguments that we need to keep, e.g., Stanley for list stability reasons. If it's Switta we're talking about, on the other hand, I think the point about stability (just as importantly, experience too) is significant.

I understand that you're thinking about the suggestions every year that we re-sign the vast majority of OCCs and just draft one or two rookies, but I take it you're not in favour of trading out our top 5 in the Doig purely for the sake of hitting the 7–8 player turnover average.
Of course not.
I want to keep all our good players.
Despite his flaws I rate Switta as an important piece in a good team if surrounded by guys that can compensate for his weaknesses.

It’s when you read on here that we should give the likes of Kuek another year, or Stanley, or even giving players in the 22-30 rating on the list multi year deals like Worner (lucky boy that he’s contracted this year in my opinion) or the 4 year Brodie deal or the 3 year Hughes one, things like that.

Losing established talent to trades should not mean a player at the bottom end of the list gets an extra year as “depth”.

Surely you try get a fourth rounder for Parfitt if you're going deep in the draft tbh. Probably moreso than normal.

With that many cuts they're clearly going deep. Probably adding some depth players for **** all as well.

Not worth the hassle. All it would be is something in the 50's, and by then clubs are dropping out and/or teams can get whoever they want. Geelong can just use their 5th, 6th, 7th rounders after everyone else has stopped. Last year they took picks 58, 61, 63 for example.

Not worth the hassle. All it would be is something in the 50's, and by then clubs are dropping out and/or teams can get whoever they want. Geelong can just use their 5th, 6th, 7th rounders after everyone else has stopped. Last year they took picks 58, 61, 63 for example.
And from memory they copped quite a bit for holding up trade period to get two of those picks from Port Adelaide in the Ratugolea deal.

They were something like pick 75 (58) and 95 (63) at the time of the trade btw.

Brendon Parfitt delisted by Geelong. If Jack Martin was the best player delisted so far we might we'll have a new leader.

No saying it's us but I'd be shocked if he's not back on an AFL list quite soon.
Be hilarious if Geelong delist Parfitt and ask for Martin. Like what? That’s a downgrade IMO

Be hilarious if Geelong delist Parfitt and ask for Martin. Like what? That’s a downgrade IMO

Not sure Geelong’s depth is ever as good as this board thinks tbh. I remember telling people players like Dahlhaus, Higgins and Narkle wouldn’t get a game for us in 2022 - the first two looked like good depth on paper but if you actually watched them play in 2021 and 2022 they were cooked. Narkle is just sh**e and was overrated due to playing occasionally for a good team. So many sh**e depth players from good teams have fooled weaker teams’ list managers let alone fans and it happens over and over again.

Parfitt certainly looks better on paper than these guys but has been depth for a few years now and has never been able to get himself a trade away despite that. In hindsight maybe he’s not as good as I thought even earlier today - he certainly hasn’t exactly played enough for me to get a proper read on exactly how good he actually is in 2024. I was very much basing my opinion on what I’d seen from Parfitt a few years ago - making the same mistake as others did in my examples above.

Given how much Geelong tried to get garbage picks out of Port Adelaide for the Ratugolea deal last year and how deep they look like drafting this year, I can only assume they don’t think any team thinks Parfitt is worth a senior list spot. I do get the feeling this move allows a slightly simpler move (can talk to clubs earlier) through the SSP Jeremy Sharp-style where he sits out the Rookie Draft and gets added to the Rookie List day one of the SSP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the hard ball gets podcast - who says no?

Collingwood trade Jordan Degoey to Fremantle in exchange for Andrew Brayshaw

That's actually a pretty crazy list turnover from Geelong. 9 players delisted or retired, getting Smith which will take multiple picks and with just the standard 4 picks in the draft as it stands.

Martin is absolutely going there for free and they are drafting DEEP in this draft
If Steven Wells reckons this the draft to go balls deep in, then this is the draft to go balls deep in.

Bolton for 9 and some shit I can’t be arsed to figure out but we have to keep 10 and we have to let The Typo and his new Geebung offsider loose on the second and third rounds.

Delist Emmett and Stanley and whoever else the **** you feel like delisting.

We say no. Fairly comfortably. Degoey is good but we’d be gutting the cultural core of our club

Me wtf. Don’t want that grub anywhere near this team. Not to mention Brayshaw is 4 years younger. Also his second half of the year was back to his best. I don’t think there’s any world in which Freo says yes.

Everyone says no.

An injury prone guy who turns 29 before next season starts, who also happens to be one of the worst players off the field in the league.

Or a 24 year old midfielder who is never injured, who is so good for the culture he's in a two horse race for the next captain.

Come on man...

We say no. Fairly comfortably. Degoey is good but we’d be gutting the cultural core of our club

Brayshaw is a better footballer and younger IMO.

De Goey does things Brayshaw can’t do once or twice a game. Brayshaw has a more sustained impact on the majority of games. Was our best player in the last two months of the season and that’s saying something given how good Serong and Young are.

Was it your m8 Xavier Ellis again?

Even if wasn’t I got news for ya dockeroo ,hes no where near as smart as you think he is and certainly not even close to how smart he considers himself

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back