List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 28 17.8%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 77 49.0%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey dont shoot the messenger about Degoey v Brayshaw! 😂

I wouldn’t do it either for what it’s worth. Mainly because of the cultural and leadership aspects that Andy provides that Degoey just… doesn’t.

It’s funny though - I’m certain if that proposed trade was presented on the pies board it would be the same reaction from their fans, but in the opposite direction.

I’m trying to be unbiased here, and I would say that Andy would have a similar trade value to someone like Sam Walsh. The only players on the freo list more valuable (in both $$ and potential trade value) in my opinion than Andy are Serong, Young, and Treacy.

Anyway he’s not leaving it was just HBG having a bit of fun.

Another one they came up with was Brennan Cox for Tom Barrass… consensus was the eagles would say no to that.

Hypothetical - assume we get Bolton for 9 & 16. Forget what other extras may come our way.

We have 10 and 27.

Also, assume we have no other players linked to us etc.

Do we give up 10 for North’s F1? Straight up exchange.

Means we hit the draft at 27.

Only bring in Bolton, but have 2 F1s for 2025.

Ours and North’s which will highly likely be inside top 6.

Hypothetical - assume we get Bolton for 9 & 16. Forget what other extras may come our way.

We have 10 and 27.

If Bolton is all we're getting this year then absolutely take 10 to the draft. If we're getting Warner next year when he's out of contract then we can get him with whatever we already have. Just like how we got Jackson with a weak hand. If we get North's pick then it's going straight to Sydney for Chad.

Everyone's raving about this draft so I'd like to keep a good pick. Don't want a repeat of 2018 where we wasted picks on Lobb and Hogan when we could've had Rozee or King.

We have 10 and 27.

Depends on Warner I think. If we know he's coming post contract then i probably don't do it. I'd rather take the first this year because it just gets eaten up in a Warner trade if you push it next year. There's no benefit from 'upgrading' it. In 2025 you just trade that first plus F1 for Warner.

If he's said to us nah I'm not committing to anything or there's other complications I'd consider it. Overall I'd rather take the picks this year given where our list is at but a potential top 3 is very tempting.

We have 10 and 27.

No.

If Bolton is all we're getting this year then absolutely take 10 to the draft. If we're getting Warner next year when he's out of contract then we can get him with whatever we already have. Just like how we got Jackson with a weak hand. If we get North's pick then it's going straight to Sydney for Chad.

Everyone's raving about this draft so I'd like to keep a good pick. Don't want a repeat of 2018 where we wasted picks on Lobb and Hogan when we could've had Rozee or King.

That’s fair.

My point was more around North’s pick almost certainly being a bottom 6 pick, hence the discussion.

I think we should just use 10 too.

Another possible play is North splitting 2 with us for 9 and 10.

2 should almost certainly get us Bolton and 21. You’d think. Obviously, we wouldn’t do that trade unless it was known we could get extras from Richmond.

A 3 club trade could be an option. Maybe even 4 clubs.

North receive the pick to get Houston whilst still having a pick around 10.

Tigers get a pick inside 5.

Freo effectively lose 9&10 to get Bolton and 21.

We have 10 and 27.

In principle I like taking puts on future picks mainly with late first round picks.

Pick 10 in this deep draft is a better pick than a normal pick 10.

Think pick 10 drafted in 2024 is probably more suited to a potential premiership push than pick 6 drafted in 2025 tbh.

If you could guarantee that the 2025 pick is top three though I think I’d be very very tempted. No draft is so strong that pick three is likely to be better than pick ten the next year. If anything this year’s draft is actually lacking genuine star power at the top btw so next year pick three could even be better than pick one is this year.

We have 10 and 27.

I’d prefer to use 10 TBH in the draft.

If we end up with two R1 picks next year it will just make the Warner price even higher.
All we need is one first rounder next year to get into the Warner race

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t even be against using pick 27 and whatever else is left over from the Bolton trade to get ourselves a second first rounder if possible tbh. Yes I’m aware a second first rounder is likely to be just after what Port’s pick is if it happens.

I’d still use three or four picks but St Kilda’s fourth rounder will do if we’re taking a third or fourth selection. After that I’d consider calling it a day.

With live trading there's winning options in this draft if we take 9 or 10 into the night. Hard to see how we lose, we either get our first top 10 pick since 2021 or we live trade it for a tasty premium

Freo get Bolton pick 6
Freo give 9, 10 17

North give pick 2
North receive houston pick 10

Port receive luko pick 9
Port give Houston second rounder

Gold Coast give pick 6 luko
Gold Coast receive Rioli second rounder

Richmond give Bolton Rioli
Richmond receive pick 2 17

Could see this is how it plays out seems pretty fair obviously there would be later picks thrown around to even it all up a bit

Freo get Bolton pick 6
Freo give 9, 10 17

North give pick 2

Port receive luko pick 9

Could see this is how it plays out seems pretty fair obviously there would be later picks thrown around to even it all up a bit

Not miles off.
I think Houston picking North will present us with opportunities.

Here’s the play by play.

Houston requests Melbourne. Stalemate. Demons aren’t using pick 5.

Bolton to Freo. We give up 9&16. We get some inconsequential stuff back.

Pickett becomes the key to unlock Houston.

We use 10 and a mass swapping of picks between the 3 clubs.

We get Bolton and Pickett. Keep our F1.

With 3 days left in the trade period, Warner sounds out Freo. Freo collectively lose their minds as we’ve given all draft capital away.

We place one Bailey Banfield on the table and allow a bidding war to ensue. North pay overs for Banfield and we have the assets to bring in Warner.

We land Bolton, Pickett and Warner.

We finish 2025 in 7th and eliminated to Carton away.

We all know this is 84% chance accurate.
Cobbler cobbling, it seems

From the hard ball gets podcast - who says no?

Collingwood trade Jordan Degoey to Fremantle in exchange for Andrew Brayshaw
It's a **** no from me.

Freo get Bolton pick 6
Freo give 9, 10 17

North give pick 2

Port receive luko pick 9

Gold Coast getting reamed.

Warner aside I can’t see Brisbane winning on Saturday. Think it will be a blowout

Brisbane get it done. Swans have had it too easy. I'm reminded of that famous footy proverb: "Hard games create strong players; strong players create success; success creates weak players; weak players create hard games."

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back