List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 29 17.9%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 80 49.4%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep reading bobby hill trade could be on. Ooc 2025, on low wage, new mgt etc.

Why no focus on getting him back to wa pls? Surely a norm smith medallist gun small forward meets our needs?

Or just too hard from a culture perspective?

Checks Walters boxing camp notes…

Could be in play!

Keep reading bobby hill trade could be on. Ooc 2025, on low wage, new mgt etc.

Why no focus on getting him back to wa pls? Surely a norm smith medallist gun small forward meets our needs?

Or just too hard from a culture perspective?
There is literally no smoke there. It’s just his manager trying to get more money from the Pies.

If I were Richmond I'd probably rather what they'll actually get from Gold Coast for Rioli and what they'll actually get from us for Bolton. Pick 6, Pick 10 and whatever else we throw in.

Don't think Houston will nominate North Melbourne anyway tbh. A top eight side will find some room and once they do it won't be a hard a decision to say no to North.
Agreed - Houston isn’t going from Prelim finalist to North. Carlton is the team that are going hard for him. Collingwood were keen but realise they don’t have the trade pieces to make it happen.

Houston indicated recently that he was going to stay at Port and then coincidentally Carlton are rumoured to be going hard for him and telling a bunch of decent fringe players to look elsewhere and then whamo Houston changes his mind and says I want a trade to Vic. He is on his way to Carlton. Not even sure why people bother with putting together trade scenarios with North.

The only involvement of North may be some of their decent fringe players (Owies, Kennedy, Lewis) traded to North to upgrade a second round pick of sorts. Perhaps Carlton chucking in a Future pick. They would be eyeing off pick 22 for Houston.

For example:
Kennedy, 31, F3 > 22, 58
Pick 22, F4 > Houston
Pick 22 > Lukosius, F4

Our best bet of jagging a Pickett or Hill type is for a big player to nominate that side and a ‘squeeze’ occurs.

Houston picks Pies - They won’t have the assets initially. Hill may become available. Long odds.

Houston picks Demons - Demons do have pick 5, but Pickett may become available. Longer odds.

There will still be left field plays once trading commences.

There is literally no smoke there. It’s just his manager trying to get more money from the Pies.
Perhaps, but when your ceo calls an aboriginal elder a ‘dumb old bitch’ among other hero comments it may not sit well with a young indigenous player.
He just may not be comfortable in that environment anymore.

Richmond give Bolton Rioli

Richmond receive pick 2 17......

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lol Tigers will get way more than that. Gold Coast and Freo have zero leverage it will be pineapple 🍍 insertions to dislodge our contracted players. Gold Coast gave pick 2 for spud Weller to Freo and threw away pick 7 with Bowes just for sh1ts and giggles. They will overpay dearly as Hardwick is obsessed with getting Rioli. And Freo will be coughing up 9 & 10 minimum and Gold Coast 6 & 12 just to even get our list manager to answer the phone. Like it or not we're playing cards with a full house and can walk away from the table holding them to their contracts.

Thanks for sharing your stupidity with us.

Agreed - Houston isn’t going from Prelim finalist to North. Carlton is the team that are going hard for him. Collingwood were keen but realise they don’t have the trade pieces to make it happen.

Houston indicated recently that he was going to stay at Port and then coincidentally Carlton are rumoured to be going hard for him and telling a bunch of decent fringe players to look elsewhere and then whamo Houston changes his mind and says I want a trade to Vic. He is on his way to Carlton. Not even sure why people bother with putting together trade scenarios with North.

The only involvement of North may be some of their decent fringe players (Owies, Kennedy, Lewis) traded to North to upgrade a second round pick of sorts. Perhaps Carlton chucking in a Future pick. They would be eyeing off pick 22 for Houston.

For example:
Kennedy, 31, F3 > 22, 58
Pick 22, F4 > Houston
Pick 22 > Lukosius, F4

Hey?
Pick 22 for a back 2 back AA with 4 years left….?
Don’t think so 🤣😂

Last edited:
Our best bet of jagging a Pickett or Hill type is for a big player to nominate that side and a ‘squeeze’ occurs.

Houston picks Pies - They won’t have the assets initially. Hill may become available. Long odds.

Houston picks Demons - Demons do have pick 5, but Pickett may become available. Longer odds.

There will still be left field plays once trading commences.

The draft is so strong. I think hitting the draft this year, and then topping up next year would be great plan.

For example:
Kennedy, 31, F3 > 22, 58
Pick 22, F4 > Houston
Pick 22 > Lukosius, F4
Jeez Koops, did Houston run over your cat something or did you miss pick 10 also going to Port?

Last thing freo need is more kids.
JL last year of a contract club will try to bring ready make talent in
Surely Bolton is enough. If he can't make the finals with our 22, Bolton plus 2 top 25 picks then he should be sacked.

If Pickett is available, then that is different as he is exactly what we need.

Hopefully we get Berry, or a different small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Bolton is enough. If he can't make the finals with our 22, Bolton plus 2 top 25 picks then he should be sacked.

If Pickett is available, then that is different as he is exactly what we need.

Hopefully we get Berry, or a different small forward.
Can't see them using first pick on Small forward. Took 2 last year

Simpson is a half forward. Dealan looks iffy, only played WAFL reserves this year.

I think our most pressing need is a high pressure forward pocket, who hits the score board.
Bolton hopefully
How many small forward do you want? I'd still back in Dealan to come good He played League SANFL last year

Easier said than done

surely you back your coach in

Agree - at least for next year we should push all chips to the middle in this trade period to try to win the lot. If we miss finals again, time for a new coach, barring injury catastrophe. I like JL so really hope he delivers, would be great for an ex player to be our first premiership coach.

Side is too good now to miss finals.

Bolton hopefully

Richmond fans were complaining that he played as a small forward this year, and it was a waste.

Ideally, you add small forward who can do the hard stuff (tackling and forward pressure) but still hit the score board and it gives Bolton more freedom to play higher, and run through the middle for parts of the game (20% middle maybe)

Richmond fans were complaining that he played as a small forward this year, and it was a waste.

Ideally, you add small forward who can do the hard stuff (tackling and forward pressure) but still hit the score board and it gives Bolton more freedom to play higher, and run through the middle for parts of the game (20% middle maybe)
Yeh he's a waste when your team is dead last. no doubt he will pinch hit in the midfield at times but freo would be targeting him for his class inside 50

Bolton hopefully
How many small forward do you want? I'd still back in Dealan to come good He played League SANFL last year
I'm with Azz 27 in that small forwards are an issue even with Bolton. I'd rather spend our best capital on Berry or Hannaford and find a good kick later than the other way around. Frankly, I think Delean is lucky two year contracts are mandatory for main draft selections.

I don't think we have one genuine small forward on our list, even with Bolton.

I'm with Azz 27 in that small forwards are an issue even with Bolton. I'd rather spend our best capital on Berry or Hannaford and find a good kick later than the other way around. Frankly, I think Delean is lucky two year contracts are mandatory for main draft selections.

I don't think we have one genuine small forward on our list, even with Bolton.
they aren't going to throw a kid out after 12 months lol

Delean could pop next year.
they drafted Simpson as a small forward also

Even if freo keep a first rounder i think they go best available. not a small forward

Easier said than done

surely you back your coach in

Surely you can back the coach in without trading away the future.

Assuming Warner / Pickett is out of play we need to exit this trade period with 1 x 1st rounder this year and our 2025 1st rounder in tact.

they aren't going to throw a kid out after 12 months lol

Delean could pop next year.
they drafted Simpson as a small forward also

Even if freo keep a first rounder i think they go best available. not a small forward
I'll comfortably bet Delean is delisted next year, I don't see anything there outside an OK goal sense. I also don't think Simpson was drafted as a small forward, same way I don't think Switta is technically a small forward.

Maybe they do go best available, Berry or Hannaford could be best available though I wouldn't be upset with Reid (some have him as far as 15) or Lindsay.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back