Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Laidley was tough, never shirked a footy contest. The term “junkyard dog” was well earned.

Showed a lot of gumption to come out to the public

I’ve been overseas for 20 years and as a former Eagles fan up until the Dockers came on the scene I had no clue he/she are one and the same, and had been reading articles thinking maybe she was somehow related maybe lol, it was only this statement where I twigged (after Wikipedia’ing it).

Reminded me of my Kalgoorlie days, the madam of one of the brothals was also a fella that changed along the way and played footy with my then tradesman growing up.

Everyone to their own 👍🏻

Love the media in the West, we have one win against a beaten up team and every article is book the GF, best midfield in the comp, etc. Have one loss and its we're going nowhere, too old and slow, Fyfe and Walters need to go. We need balanced media and not Daily Mail type media.

Positive yes, but that said - the recognition of our away form is at least a year too late. I’ve been hearing all year from Vic media that winning away is the holy grail, and the last piece of a teams development, whereas we’ve been winning regularly in Victoria, including knocking off contenders Melbourne and Geelong, for a few seasons now (not so much QLD/SA).
It’s our home form that has been pretty inconsistent and average at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must have been a week behind on this thread haha.

Amazing reading some articles that were written pre-game after the actual result.

No wonder Saturday was another dagger. Any trust we earnt was tossed away in 2 hours.

Sorry for the intrusion but I just thought it was a joke Slobbo’s reaction on AFL 360 tonight to the decision’s that cost Nth the game on the weekend, complete outrage.

Compared to pretty much his dismissive reaction of the umpires impact when they were central to Freo being robbed in SA earlier this year.

#vAF#VAFLia at its best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back