Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

She's just a figurehead saying what the boys club want her to say. It'll never change unless someone comes with specific plans to change the place up. That person would likely be gone in five minutes even if successful btw - Most people in these positions are driven by money first both for themselves and the organisation and not being there long doesn't help them at all.

Has this been posted elsewhere?
No much to say really.

rough translation: "we'll do f*** all to help this rotten minnow of a club". This competition is so loaded with corruption and bias and robotic corporate bloated blockheads, it's not funny. I'm getting to the stage where I just DGAF anymore, why should I invest time and energy into what's clearly an unfair competition....?! Rotten to the core

Really starting to take a dislike to this woman
I disliked her since her interview with Duff few months ago. Quite disappointing actually because I harboured some hopes that things may change for the better. In reality she’s just a part of the boys club

For all the hell David King gets on here, he was alright and didn’t run us down at all on the Monday Means Test, could have had a proper field day.

King is one of the best in the media, he might not be in on Fremantle but he's good at explaining why and tbh most of the time hes right.

She's just a figurehead saying what the boys club want her to say. It'll never change unless someone comes with specific plans to change the place up. That person would likely be gone in five minutes even if successful btw - Most people in these positions are driven by money first both for themselves and the organisation and not being there long doesn't help them at all.

What sums it up for me is the recent announcement that Gillon McLachlan has just been appointed the new CEO of TabCorp. Another few million in his pocket each year. That the AFL is in step with this despicable industry says it all.

Cool, three years ago he stuffed up. He's still IMO one of the very best in the media, he uses vision to explain his thoughts more than the rest of them that just go with that weeks narrative.
Tbh mate, he just pulls short clips that fit whatever narrative he wants to sell that week

He's not the only one who does it but it's bleedingly obvious

I'm fine with all the shows for a little entertainment value but let's be honest, it's very rare for the media to be genuinely insightful

Tbh mate, he just pulls short clips that fit whatever narrative he wants to sell that week

He's not the only one who does it but it's bleedingly obvious

I'm fine with all the shows for a little entertainment value but let's be honest, it's very rare for the media to be genuinely insightful

Yeah thats a fair opinion, I just honestly think hes the best at demonstrating what hes trying to say. Not a high bar but I don't get the hate for King.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah thats a fair opinion, I just honestly think hes the best at demonstrating what hes trying to say. Not a high bar but I don't get the hate for King.
I mean the hate for Kingy is pretty obvious there’s nothing to get. When a guy goes on air and says “I don’t like Freo, I’ve never liked Freo” (yeah yeah as a joke sure wtv) and then continues to say nothing good about us when we play well then obviously he’s going to get hate from the fans. Not rocket science.

I mean the hate for Kingy is pretty obvious there’s nothing to get. When a guy goes on air and says “I don’t like Freo, I’ve never liked Freo” (yeah yeah as a joke sure wtv) and then continues to say nothing good about us when we play well then obviously he’s going to get hate from the fans. Not rocket science.

I mean it was obviously a joke as he gets told that from Fremantle fans on twitter all the time. Given where we sit and what we have shown maybe hes right 🤷‍♂️

But Im sure it's because he hates Fremantle not because we have been a disappointment for the past two years.

I mean it was obviously a joke as he gets told that from Fremantle fans on twitter all the time. Given where we sit and what we have shown maybe hes right 🤷‍♂️

But Im sure it's because he hates Fremantle not because we have been a disappointment for the past two years.
He showed his disdain for us when we approached hi to join the club.Had a holiday here on the FFC.Then went back home and laughed about it in the media.

He showed his disdain for us when we approached hi to join the club.Had a holiday here on the FFC.Then went back home and laughed about it in the media.

So we thought highly enough of him to offer a role but according to fans hes a media hack? Also why would a free holiday make him hate Fremantle, the club who offered him a job?

So we thought highly enough of him to offer a role but according to fans hes a media hack? Also why would a free holiday make him hate Fremantle, the club who offered him a job?

It wasn't a job post-career. It was to get him here as a player.

It wasn't a job post-career. It was to get him here as a player.

Makes even less sense. We wanted him to play for us, he turned us down so he then hates the club ~15 years later? Maybe he just thinks we are a disappointing team that doesn't stand up in big games or when the heat is on, rather than some weird 15 year grudge.

Makes even less sense. We wanted him to play for us, he turned us down so he then hates the club ~15 years later? Maybe he just thinks we are a disappointing team that doesn't stand up in big games or when the heat is on, rather than some weird 15 year grudge.
Oh give it up ffs. You’re not a hero for defending a widely hated figure to people who hate him.

I thought Kingy was a Ross Lyon fan and was largely supportive of Freo over those years.

Seemed to turn on us after Ross’s sacking and not sure he’s ever come back on board.

Like a lot of media people he probably wears his prejudice on his sleeve but I still feel he’s one of the handful of media analysts worth listening to.

AFL media is just a bunch of reactionary hacks with very little actual footy analysis. What one team gets criticised for another gets praised for doing the exact same thing. It’s nothing more than for fans to drink their own clubs bath water after a win.

AFL media is just a bunch of reactionary hacks with very little actual footy analysis. What one team gets criticised for another gets praised for doing the exact same thing. It’s nothing more than for fans to drink their own clubs bath water after a win.
Well no he actually played well over 200 games for North and was an assistant coach at Richmond and when he says our game plan doesn’t stack up i agree with him because it doesn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back