Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

50 Thousand members is theoretically great. I am sure there is ROI with the figures I just have one question.

Where are all these people?

Below are 2 graphs.
Graph 1
  • vs Gold Coast
  • at Docklands
  • Crowd Vs Membership numbers

Graph 2
  • vs Richmond
  • at docklands
  • Crowd vs membership numbers

(before anyone asks why the membership lines are not identical it is due to the games being on different years and hence different membership tallies to reference against.)

View attachment 2063310

View attachment 2063331

I am interested in what the figures look like on the weekend. Yes both teams are bottom of the table but both teams will be looking for a rare win.

Our last crowd at Docklands vs Richmond was 22k, less than half our current membership tally. We should be getting more than 22k on our own let alone the Richmond supporters that will actually attend Docklands.

I look at these graphs and can't help but think there is a fair it of pissing down my back and telling me it is raining. How many of these memberships are our sponsors buying them and then them being given away to people who don't go tot he footy.

This is my take.

Yes the numbers are fluffed up by deals etc - all clubs are.

But regardless, we have 7 1/2k in WA, 5k or something in Tassie. Thousands in others states and regional Victoria.

We sell 4 games to Tassie.

Basically - on any given day, it’s so hard to even get the most diehard to every game.

I’m in a chat group of 25 hard core North members - NM but jobs really.

But even there, between business wonders, parents with kids sport, people playing football themselves, SA, WA, Tassie and regional members / bugger all get to any 1 game. All watch it somehow but I’m surprised how few from that 25 can make it to a particular game.

So I’m not surprised we only get 15-25k to a game of north people.

Throw in Covid/ flu and bad weather / amazing anyone goes at time!

Because I generally like to make most things about me, my household contains three fully paid up members but I haven’t gone to a North Melbourne home game since 2013.

For reference, I live ~17,000km from Marvel stadium.

Lift

I've thought that our fixturing doesn't help. So many games away from Melbourne gets people put of the routine of going. Particularly when we're crap.

Personally, I'd take every chance to go as watching on TV sucks big, hairy, balls. Plus I actually enjoy going, having a beer, and seeing family and mates regardless of how shit we are.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Looking for some help. I am looking to upgrade my ticket and buy some extras on level 2 for the game on saturday. Ticketmaster requires a barcode. Does anyone know how to get this. Best to just ring the membership department?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh yes… probably ended up ruining the day with your Tigers banter Chez…plonked beside a North Member who thought they were buying a ticket to sit amongst their like

Meanwhile one level up in the Members Upgrade seats that exact scenario played out for me. He just went on and on and on and on. Not one minute of silence.

Bet it doesn’t happen at Blues Home games there

Hope you enjoyed the loss by the way, how quickly the mighty have fallen

Last edited:
Ahhh yes… probably ended up ruining the day with your Tigers banter Chez…plonked beside a North Member who thought they were buying a ticket to sit amongst their like

Look, I hear you Gaso. And I get it.

But to be honest I think we only have ourselves to blame for this situation.

Every single home game this year, the most empty bays have consistently been the NMFC 'reserved seat' member bays (see photo from this weekend below). That suggests to me that we've got a whole bunch of members who just aren't rocking up to games. Which puts us into these situations.

IMHO we don't really get to complain about oppo supporters sitting in what 'should be' member areas until we actually pack out our member areas.

And yeah, we're not a big club. And that's fine. But if that's the case, then maybe we should condense our reserved seat member areas even further down. I'd rather have 10 full bays of members (with 10 extra available to be sold to the public so the club can make a profit) than 20 half empty bays of reserved seats, if that makes sense.

1722808884847.png

I've thought that our fixturing doesn't help. So many games away from Melbourne gets people put of the routine of going. Particularly when we're crap.

Personally, I'd take every chance to go as watching on TV sucks big, hairy, balls. Plus I actually enjoy going, having a beer, and seeing family and mates regardless of how shit we are.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Absolutely fixtures work against us. There's at least eight to nine games per season not played in Melbourne. But that said, the same can be said for the interstate teams who play half of their games not in their home city. Also of the 15 - 16 games that we play in Melbourne only several of those are "Home Games" (not that that is much of an advantage at Marvel). Many of our fixtures are played late on Sunday. But let's face it, we occasionally see flashes of brilliance from our team but mostly their brand of football is hardly an ornament to the game. So I can't see the AFL changing our fixtures for the foreseeable future.

Meanwhile one level up in the Members Upgrade seats that exact scenario played out for me. He just went on and on and on and on. Not one minute of silence.

Bet it doesn’t happen at Blues Home games there

Hope you enjoyed the loss by the way, how quickly the mighty have fallen
When did North offer this? I asked in the game day thread I never saw it

The only way we get more people in is getting more games in Melbourne.

You can't build much momentum with the current 7 game arrangement and the odd chance you get level 1 seating with the replacement games. Not to mention it's just not good enough value.

People will flock if the team is getting a consistent look in Melbourne.

When did North offer this? I asked in the game day thread I never saw it

It was on the Ticketmaster website. I left it late, Saturday morning, but it was sold as an $18 Member upgrade. It was the first 5 rows of Level 3 on the Wing.
It all looked good when i turned up, blue and white everywhere until old mate sits down and proceeds to be BT for the first half.
I looked to the other side of the ground at half time and walked around there for some peace and quiet

It was on the Ticketmaster website. I left it late, Saturday morning, but it was sold as an $18 Member upgrade. It was the first 5 rows of Level 3 on the Wing.
It all looked good when i turned up, blue and white everywhere until old mate sits down and proceeds to be BT for the first half.
I looked to the other side of the ground at half time and walked around there for some peace and quiet
There is always one. I was in the Premiership Club with my son when someone's bloody Richmond guest with a few beers under his belt just kept getting louder and more obnoxious. My son, who is very particular about where he watches from, wanted to move by half time for the first time in years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back