Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Howā€™s old mate C Lazzaro tracking Accurate?
Safe or gone ? In your opinion

Well I do jest about delisting 15-20 players. But sheesh you'd feel for Lazz, Finbar should they get the arse and we keep contracted players like Bert Nyuon 4 games in six years.
Going by Lazzaro's form in the VFL. I'd like to think we'd rookie him.

As it stands we've done the following

1. Thomas - self inflicted
2. Free (r)
3. Sellars (r)
4. Greenwood (retired)
5. Shiels (r) ( retired)

Hardly brave for a team that can't win. The mind boggles.

Iā€™d be signing Maley, has a lot of upside
I read The Other Dean intel/assessment of the Maley situation in the Maley thread and I honestly back that in. When I was much younger I used to lurk this forum without posting and I always remember seeing him post such quality things, so happy to take it to the bank. It would also surprise me because I also heard after Caddy in last years draft Maley was our second best KPF option on our list.

Well I do jest about delisting 15-20 players. But sheesh you'd feel for Lazz, Finbar should they get the arse and we keep contracted players like Bert Nyuon 4 games in six years.

2. Free (r)
3. Sellars (r)
4. Greenwood (retired)
5. Shiels (r) ( retired)

As nostra says, biggy just needs time. By my calculations he will be hitting his straps just as he qualifies for superleague.

2. Free (r)
3. Sellars (r)
4. Greenwood (retired)
5. Shiels (r) ( retired)

Early days, and for those resigned it's not like they've been getting 5 year contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early days, and for those resigned it's not like they've been getting 5 year contracts.
True but there are only Taylor, Lazz, Harvey and Drury left unsigned. Assuming they all get the axe, that is only nine out. There will have to be another massacre next year with all these sketchy types OOC then: Corr, Tucker, Ford, Bergman, Phillips, Pink, K Dawson, Teakle, Maley, RHJ, Payne, CCJ, Nyuon.

True but there are only Taylor, Lazz, Harvey and Drury left unsigned. Assuming they all get the axe, that is only nine out. There will have to be another massacre next year with all these sketchy types OOC then: Corr, Tucker, Ford, Bergman, Phillips, Pink, K Dawson, Teakle, Maley, RHJ, Payne, CCJ, Nyuon.
I think we rather cull big next year than this year

Next year we hopefully look more attractive so we bring in more quality targets instead of fringe players

This year other than Parker and darling I donā€™t see us doing much more

And then minimal draft picks also we really only have pick 2 and 22 the rest are late picks we usually would pass on assuming 40 goes to swans for Parker

There's rumours of retirement with more than one contracted player too.

Anyway, if what you said is how it turns out, so be it. At least the majority of those guys you listed are KPP with question marks rather than than mostly being sketchy tweeners or midsized blokes with serious attribute flaws.

Going further, my shitty analysis is...

Corr: Second time he's ever played a full season, actually built into good form. If he stays healthy he's probably worth rolling contracts and a best 22 spot anyway.

Tucker: Has some versatility, and the his latest stint in his latest position has seen him probably play his best football with us. No game breaker, borderline B grade, but if he can maintain that he's the type that a premiership list has multiple of (just not too many, especially on the same lines!!)

Ford: Gap between best and worst is huge. But the longer he goes without improving the less likely it is.

Bergman: Full 'The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (injuries)' package. Got to hope for fitness and then getting continuity to create improvement.

Phillips: A truly controversial one. Can he ever (re)gain the fitness needed to make the career of a player his size? I rate his potential when it comes to roaming from contest to contest getting to the bottom of packs and the occasional silver surface disposal forward. But the clock continues to tick :(

Pink: Ehh. The very epitome of a stop gap player.

K Dawson: At his best is more than decent. At his best.

Teakle: A better stopgap than Pink but a stopgap nonetheless, or a slowly developing talent? Unsure, very happy to have him for another year to figure that out.

Maley: I haven't seen much VFL, but uh, doesn't sound overwhelmingly positive.

RHJ: Improved as time went on. Happy to see if that continues.

Payne: I know literally nothing about him lol

CCJ: Was cooked before the concussion issues. Before the latest injury (known to cook far better players than him.) Everything about him, his recruitment to us, and his career with us... cooked. cooked cooked cooked ARGH what a shit situation.

Nyuon: Wasn't thrilled with what I saw.

With the recent re-signings that only leaves Curtis Taylor, Charlie Lazzaro, Cooper Harvey, Tyler Sellers and Hamish Free without a contract for next year.

If we were to move on Nyuon and Stephenson it wouldn't bother me at all if some of the above received 1 year rookie deals, particularly Drury and Lazz.

Considering we've hardly been linked to any mature players I highly doubt we'll cut as deep as some on here think.

I read The Other Dean intel/assessment of the Maley situation in the Maley thread and I honestly back that in. When I was much younger I used to lurk this forum without posting and I always remember seeing him post such quality things, so happy to take it to the bank. It would also surprise me because I also heard after Caddy in last years draft Maley was our second best KPF option on our list.

Turns out that anonymous twitter poster was incorrect (who would have thought šŸ™€).

And yeah TOD is a ripper

Looks like.
Taylor - Trade/membry deal?
Free - gone
Drury - gone
Sellars - gone
Greenwood - gone
Shiels - gone
Laz - gone
Cooper - gone
Tarryn - gone
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

CCJ injury setbacks
Sleevo told to shape up or **** off
Mcdonald set for early retirement/paid out.

9 players total. Club is waiting to find out whether they retain some extra list spots.

Looks like.
Taylor - Trade/membry deal?
Free - gone
Drury - gone
Sellars - gone
Greenwood - gone
Shiels - gone
Laz - gone
Cooper - gone
Tarryn - gone
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

CCJ injury setbacks
Sleevo told to shape up or **** off
Mcdonald set for early retirement/paid out.

9 players total. Club is waiting to find out whether they retain some extra list spots.
Club captain paid out!?! I wouldnā€™t think so

Turns out that anonymous twitter poster was incorrect (who would have thought šŸ™€).

And yeah TOD is a ripper

Yes The Other Dean is indeed "a ripper". Really miss his magnificently insightful posts and each post with its attendant turn of phrase. Very glad though that every now and again the great man does check in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back