Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

...and putting in votes for the half time song.

Speaking of chips, weren't they free?
This whole thing's kind of related. I got back to our seats with the chips I just bought and my kid told me there had just been a an offer for free chips on the scoreboard with a QR code 😡.
I got my phone ready but the offer never came back up. But this weird digital download offer did, so I grabbed that.
But I can't get it because I don't have a wallet. The circle of life.

How did you get it to download Jane-0? Do you have some sort of wallet on your ticketmaster account?
Yeah I guess I must have a wallet - it's not Apple Wallet. The web link is ticketmastercollectibles.au

Can't remember the specifics but I think I was curious last time they sent one of those emails I must have gone in and activated something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The previous one was the 1999 anniversary 'collectible' which was shared in round 14 when we played Collingwood.

Does this mean I'm a crypto/NFT bro now? I'll have to make some changes if so. 😂

1723030518014.png

Look, I hear you Gaso. And I get it.

But to be honest I think we only have ourselves to blame for this situation.

Every single home game this year, the most empty bays have consistently been the NMFC 'reserved seat' member bays (see photo from this weekend below). That suggests to me that we've got a whole bunch of members who just aren't rocking up to games. Which puts us into these situations.

IMHO we don't really get to complain about oppo supporters sitting in what 'should be' member areas until we actually pack out our member areas.

And yeah, we're not a big club. And that's fine. But if that's the case, then maybe we should condense our reserved seat member areas even further down. I'd rather have 10 full bays of members (with 10 extra available to be sold to the public so the club can make a profit) than 20 half empty bays of reserved seats, if that makes sense.

View attachment 2069312

I don't think the club has any control over ticketing or seating outside of the stadium deals agreed to in advance. The AFL, who now own/operate Docklands, have that kind of power. We get a 75% cut of premium seating revenue for home games so I am sure the club would be all for any unused seating to be taken up on game day.

I think the North reserve area will resolve itself over the next few years as we hopefully become more competitive on-field. At present, an empty seat held by a north member that didn't show up isn't an empty seat as it has been paid for and the club/Docklands can't resell a reserved seat. It is called reserved for a reason.

it impacts the atmosphere and the "look", but so that is a result of winning **** all games year after year.

The email gives me a link to that site, I get to watch the medal sparkle for a few seconds, then it gives me the error message giantroo put up before about no wallet. I never gave a shit about this stupid "collectible" but now I can't get it I really want it 😫
Pretty soon ticketmaster will allow you to trade them.

Maybe you can find details of your wallet on the dark web where all of our hacked account details are traded.

I don't think the club has any control over ticketing or seating outside of the stadium deals agreed to in advance. The AFL, who now own/operate Docklands, have that kind of power. We get a 75% cut of premium seating revenue for home games so I am sure the club would be all for any unused seating to be taken up on game day.

I think the North reserve area will resolve itself over the next few years as we hopefully become more competitive on-field. At present, an empty seat held by a north member that didn't show up isn't an empty seat as it has been paid for and the club/Docklands can't resell a reserved seat. It is called reserved for a reason.

it impacts the atmosphere and the "look", but so that is a result of winning **** all games year after year.

Simple solution is do not advertise it as a Member Upgrade. It’s simply not.

This whole thing's kind of related. I got back to our seats with the chips I just bought and my kid told me there had just been a an offer for free chips on the scoreboard with a QR code 😡.
I got my phone ready but the offer never came back up. But this weird digital download offer did, so I grabbed that.
But I can't get it because I don't have a wallet. The circle of life.

They weren't free chips like promoted. The QR code took you to a page where you had the chance to win free chips. They made you put all your deets in first, of course. I didn't win, just handed them over my e-mail & phone for more raffle ticket nagging I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Membership thread - it begins - with a kiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back