• Scrape into the points

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Out of the points

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • He won't

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He would have the cavalier attitude that is needed right now, i think he could get one more squeeze of the lemon out of it. Max is doing everything he can including some dubious tactics, but Ricciardo could easily sneak under their guard? Red Bull might lose the drivers championship as well unless they take drastic action in the last 4 races. Either that or put Lawson or Yuki in the seat now! Ricciardo rarely crashes, they must get points from the 2 car.
Daniel is done both physically and mentally. He's retired.

If they were going to make a change (and I doubt they will) it would be to put one of the RBs in there, and then promote Hadjar for a few races (even if it means sacrificing his F2 season).

Which is why they won't.

Daniel is done both physically and mentally. He's retired.

If they were going to make a change (and I doubt they will) it would be to put one of the RBs in there, and then promote Hadjar for a few races (even if it means sacrificing his F2 season).

Which is why they won't.
Then they will lose the drivers championship along with the constructors, they need Danny Ric's experience in a last ditch effort to stave off what is fast becoming an inevitability. Daniel was certainly not the worst driver on the gird, Yuki and Lawson don't have the know how just yet to help win a championship, i'd put my money on an 8 time winner who just might?

Then they will lose the drivers championship along with the constructors, they need Danny Ric's experience in a last ditch effort to stave off what is fast becoming an inevitability. Daniel was certainly not the worst driver on the gird, Yuki and Lawson don't have the know how just yet to help win a championship, i'd put my money on an 8 time winner who just might?
They wont lose the drivers title.

And how exactly will Daniel help them win the drivers?

He would probably have the same pace Sergio has if not slightly better. He'd be behind the Mercs and a non-factor in the remaining races.

And how exactly will Daniel help them win the drivers?

He would probably have the same pace Sergio has if not slightly better. He'd be behind the Mercs and a non-factor in the remaining races.
Yep we all love Danny Ric, but hes done.

On a normal weekend both Mclarens would be comfortably in front of him.

The contract extension for Perez just gets worse and worse now, yes Danny Ric wasn't flying, but there were glimmers, you cant say the same thing for Perez this year.

Yuki shouldn't be feeling too secure either, he hasn't exactly put it beyond doubt.

Sergio should at least announce his retirement so he can get a better farewell than Daniel did. They will keep him in the car for the rest of the year, but I see no reason outside of $ that he stays in F1 for 2025.

He has underperformed in this car far greater than Daniel underperformed in the RB.

Perhaps though he could get the Audi drive. Could be the return of Perez and Hulk as teammates.

The contract extension for Perez just gets worse and worse now, yes Danny Ric wasn't flying, but there were glimmers, you cant say the same thing for Perez this year.

Yuki shouldn't be feeling too secure either, he hasn't exactly put it beyond doubt.
Yep. Feels like it was on the cusp of him getting booted and Daniel getting the seat to finish the year.

Instead they backed out and probably sapped the last bit of puff Ric had left in him.

Its hard to believe it could have gone any worse for RB than the path they ended up choosing.

They're probably locked into it now to finish the season for fear of further embarrassment. But Perez is almost certainly gone at this point. Lawson's shown enough fight in two races to get the seat. Tsunoda is crumbling under the challenge. Lawson does have the advantage of nothing to lose / no expectations though.

Yuki's signed for next year already so either way he's in the sister car next year. Beyond that who knows.

Asked if the man known as “Checo” will finish the season after the dismal result in Mexico City, Horner replied: “Look, it’s a performance-based business. There comes a point in time that difficult decisions have to be made.”

Interesting comment

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

Asked if the man known as “Checo” will finish the season after the dismal result in Mexico City, Horner replied: “Look, it’s a performance-based business. There comes a point in time that difficult decisions have to be made.”

Interesting comment

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

It begs the question why is it always RedBull with a dud 2nd driver.

No other top team has had that same disparity between a driver pairing in the past few years (that I can recall?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It begs the question why is it always RedBull with a dud 2nd driver.

No other top team has had that same disparity between a driver pairing in the past few years (that I can recall?).
Checo wasnt always a dud, he was a decent number 2 driver.

No driver wants that, the constant beatdowns, poor strategy calls etc would always get the better of you. Its accelerated his decline.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 2024 Mexican Grand Prix - Race Weekend Thread

Back