MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

It's a ridiculous suspension any way you want to look at it

A suspension of 6 games, where you still go to work, still get paid, is pretty light compared to some industries.

If i were to just abuse a couple of people on site or in the office, call them ****ing F*****s, id be sacked, or close to.

There are so many words you can use to abuse someone, its not too hard to have line not to cross.

Last edited by a moderator:

So, MRO has made an error in law on two incidents... maybe time to be shown the door if he doesn't even know the law... what's he there for?

Cameron got off on the error of law technicality that cripps' lawyer utilised.

Brisbane fans can shut up now

Laura is way out of her depth!

I heard that interview at least she;s out there taking questions, pack of blokes at her whilst i think she’s a bit flakey she held her own, as for Dillon the CEO ..

I heard that interview at least she;s out there taking questions, pack of blokes at her whilst i think she’s a bit flakey she held her own, as for Dillon the CEO ..
Agree. There's a fair amount I'd like the AFL to be doing differently at present, and even stuff I disagree about in that grab specifically, but I have to at least give Laura credit for fronting up and making an effort to communicate more than her predecessors, not just in that interview but throughout the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. There's a fair amount I'd like the AFL to be doing differently at present, and even stuff I disagree about in that grab specifically, but I have to at least give Laura credit for fronting up and making an effort to communicate more than her predecessors, not just in that interview but throughout the year.

Which she has now stopped. So far both her and Dillon have been a disaster. Too many changes, little clarity and many mixed messages

She evaded most of those questions and the rest was not convincing.

What the hell is going on.

Every player, coach, footy lover knows Bedford executed a perfect tackle.

If one of our players had the opportunity to tackle like Bedford did, but opted not to tackle, Voss and the supporters would be filthy.

Yes we have to try to protect the head but this is getting outrageous.

You can put all the stupid rules in place you like but sometimes accidents are just going to happen.

The leaders of the AFL, which are appointed entirely by internal concensus, essentially are politicians.

They are in charge of an organisation that largely monopolises the winter sports viewing landscape in southern Australia - and through their connections with government and control over media narratives, they are usually able to do as they please on all fronts, as long as they stay within the wide expectations of modern society.

Meeting with the short term approval of the fan base does not matter, as the majority of fans are so invested that they will keep following regardless. One could argue that fundamentally, all that matters to the AFL executive is the growth of the game and the associated renenue.

Revenue streams are either long term (TV) or extremely reliable (game attendance, events, merchandise), and there are no shareholders to keep happy.

Thus the appointment of leaders whose primary talents are not operational performance, but rather corporate and stakeholder schmoozing, providing an overall positive front an all AFL news including the various and obvious calamities and controversies that happen weekly, and crisis avoidance/control when needed (refer Essendon "supplements saga" ).

What the hell is going on.

Every player, coach, footy lover knows Bedford executed a perfect tackle.

If one of our players had the opportunity to tackle like Bedford did, but opted not to tackle, Voss and the supporters would be filthy.

Yes we have to try to protect the head but this is getting outrageous.

You can put all the stupid rules in place you like but sometimes accidents are just going to happen.
maybe it is time for every player to wear those soft helmets. So the accidental head butt to ground is no longer in play.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back