MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0511.jpeg

GSFxviWaUAQcVGv

I'm still trying to understand how the leagues biggest sniper, Butters, is eligible for the Brownlow.
I think we're up to 7 separate fines totaling over $30k now.

Also regarding Kane, i'm going to drag out the old "have you ever played the game" line, as i think it's entirely appropriate that the Head of Football of the AFL has considerable experience actually playing the game at a reasonable level.

For her to comment on the physicality of the game is mindboggling.

Yep.

On another note, I know that he's disliked but I think at times Christian has an almost impossible job in policing the rules based on the flavour of the month style mandates which come from the powers that be.
The funny thing is, given how many "lawyers" work for the AFL, how often their rules/adjudications get smoked on appeal & their belligerence at being made to look like amateurs.
I think that is half the problem, you've got all these lawyers setting laws in place to a sport with too many variables.

I feel the eye test by ex players would be more inline with the game. The doctors etc will still have their job to do, but intent to hurt is what needs to be removed from the game.

There's no tunnelling rule, but there should be.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Call it tunnelling or whatever, but a dangerous tackle or bump is supposed to be penalised if it puts a player at risk during a game, and it`s just typical of the AFL with all the rules on the run that they bring in, as tunnelling was penalised big time a few years ago but it seems the latest "newbie rules" supersede the rules that used to be in vogue back then. There used to be more tunnelling going on back then I suppose, but that ump was a slack dog not paying a free in the circumstances as it was very dangerous!!!

Call it tunnelling or whatever, but a dangerous tackle or bump is supposed to be penalised if it puts a player at risk during a game, and it`s just typical of the AFL with all the rules on the run that they bring in, as tunnelling was penalised big time a few years ago but it seems the latest "newbie rules" supersede the rules that used to be in vogue back then. There used to be more tunnelling going on back then I suppose, but that ump was a slack dog not paying a free in the circumstances as it was very dangerous!!!
I agree and the Kmart Nadal one was malicious. Knew exactly what he was doing.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Zita at his best 😂😂

"During the podcast, in which the comments have since been removed, Green made a number of comments in relation to the AFL MRO and AFL Tribunal process and members.

These included the following words (or similar) - that the Match Review Officer and/or the AFL Tribunal is “a disgrace” and is “ruining the game”.

Green was sent a please explain and he unreservedly apologised for the comments and acknowledged poor judgment on his behalf, with his actions falling below the standards of conduct expected by the GWS Giants and the AFL.

Green has been given a formal reprimand without further sanction."

1721880221152.png

Zita at his best 😂😂

"During the podcast, in which the comments have since been removed, Green made a number of comments in relation to the AFL MRO and AFL Tribunal process and members.

These included the following words (or similar) - that the Match Review Officer and/or the AFL Tribunal is “a disgrace” and is “ruining the game”.

Green was sent a please explain and he unreservedly apologised for the comments and acknowledged poor judgment on his behalf, with his actions falling below the standards of conduct expected by the GWS Giants and the AFL.

Green has been given a formal reprimand without further sanction."

View attachment 2058303

Saw that :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that is half the problem, you've got all these lawyers setting laws in place to a sport with too many variables.

I feel the eye test by ex players would be more inline with the game. The doctors etc will still have their job to do, but intent to hurt is what needs to be removed from the game.
I agree completely just find it amusing how often their rules/amendments have loopholes.
If you're going to take the approach that they have, you have to make sure the rules are watertight before implementing them.

Yep I’d imagine a law firm will have a field day with that
I think you'll find it's ok because hodge is a good bloke that knows what he is about or some shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back