List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep and with no one taking kids in the rookie draft anymore - better to invite them as train ons so you're guessing less. But even then, I think it's only really an option if you're comfortable with your depth and aren't already full up with not ready kids.
Rookie draft needs an overhaul. Its meant to be used for kids for an opportunity or for those that have worked hard to get an opportunity -- not what clubs tend to use it for, a list management tool

Rookie draft needs an overhaul. Its meant to be used for kids for an opportunity or for those that have worked hard to get an opportunity -- not what clubs tend to use it for, a list management tool
SSP makes it redundant, but if they want more players given an opportunity they need to increase list sizes. The money is there. Why not add a couple of list spots when they increase the cap by $2 million.

SSP makes it redundant, but if they want more players given an opportunity they need to increase list sizes. The money is there. Why not add a couple of list spots when they increase the cap by $2 million.

Rookie list should sit outside the cap and must be used on rookie selections.

Not a senior list delisted and the rookied that should be a mature rookie selection as SSP or DFA.

Rookie list should sit outside the cap and must be used on rookie selections.

Not a senior list delisted and the rookied that should be a mature rookie selection as SSP or DFA.
Unless they increase list spots, teams would take less in the national draft and then cut more kids after 1 year on the rookie draft, because they're recruiting to get the balance they want for this sized list. It wouldn't change the balance of ready vs developing players that they're targetting.

Unless they increase list spots, teams would take less in the national draft and then cut more kids after 1 year on the rookie draft, because they're recruiting to get the balance they want for this sized list. It wouldn't change the balance of ready vs developing players that they're targetting.

Then increase it.
3 Rookie list spots outside the cap with its own rookie cap space allowance.

Allow more youth talents a crack at full time professional environments.

Then increase it.
3 Rookie list spots outside the cap with its own rookie cap space allowance.

Allow more youth talents a crack at full time professional environments.
I agree about bigger lists. Players association are looking after themselves I think. They want wages to grow and extra jobs would reduce the wage growth. We should have at least got back to the pre-covid sizes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any 2 of those would be great
Dennis would be my first option
With our 3rd pick we should like at a big mid Hamish Davis would a good get if still around or Luke Urquart although his kicking might be an issue maybe even Jack Carroll from the Bloos with our 3rd selection
Tbh I know nothing about them. I'll be happy with anyone, until they're shit and then I'll demand they get delisted.

I doubt he’d be available by our pick but Kayle Gerreyn would be the perfect recruit as a long term key forward.

If we can cap off the draft with either one of Gerreyn/Sims and Dennis, that would be an unreal draft night.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not following this thread too closely so forgive if this has been asked.

Assuming we have three vacancies and likely only take two picks to the draft.

One option is obviously trading two picks in the 50s to move up a few spots ( maybe 5-6, exoecting a massive move up 20 spots is nonsense). Any gain up the order is better than burning the pick with a pass.

But would another option be trading one of these picks for a F3 ?

We’d still have a 3rd pick in that scenario. Would just activate our next non-live or the last pick in the draft.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back