List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like we are no chance at getting Sims :(

Dennis, Stumph and Kennedy then I hope.

Charlie Nicholls a decent Plan B option if we miss out on Dennis or Stumph, I really want both Dennis and Stumph though.

Last edited:
The way Leppa is talking, we might only be going talls - take 3 talls in the hope of getting 1.
This won't be popular, but I'm with Dekka on a best available philosophy, particularly where we're picking.

I wouldn't draft for depth or balance or as a replacement for a current player - I'd use other recruiting mechanisms for that -as most of them won't make it and give you what you're drafting for and the ones that make it won't play many of their good years with many of our current team. I'd just go the bloke most likely to give us a good senior player in the future.

If we draft the next Ollie Dempsey - fantastic.

I’m with you this year. Think there’s going to be a few not happy with our draft night. Where we are picking I don’t think we can be picky based of needs. Reckon we just need to grab whoever we think has the talent to make it. Just my opinion.
I think you’re both right to a certain extent. Looking at a lot of power rankings, there seems to be quite a few talls ranked around where our picks will fall so there’s a good chance that they’ll be best available for us anyway. I’m expecting 2 talls and one slider that Dekka can’t pass up.

Sounds like we are no chance at getting Sims :(

Dennis, Stumph and Kennedy then I hope.

I haven’t seen anything other than highlights of Sims so it’s hard to judge.

There’s a slight concern for me in that they always talk about his height and ability to chop out in the ruck but nothing about contest or competitiveness. It’s what I loved hearing about Treacy in his draft year and that’s come true.

I’m going way over the top here but given he has had some big games goal wise and is still rated where he’s rated is he more Schache than Treacy? Has his height got him that advantage and will that disappear at the next level?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I haven’t seen anything other than highlights of Sims so it’s hard to judge.

There’s a slight concern for me in that they always talk about his height and ability to chop out in the ruck but nothing about contest or competitiveness. It’s what I loved hearing about Treacy in his draft year and that’s come true.

I’m going way over the top here but given he has had some big games goal wise and is still rated where he’s rated is he more Schache than Treacy? Has his height got him that advantage and will that disappear at the next level?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Looks like won't be a problem for us anyway. I really like Stumph as an option for a KPF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 National Draft - November 20-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Back