Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Won a junior BnF as an under age player, also played 2 seasons with gippy power as under age before going to oakleigh chargers. always kicks goals, so no stranger to scoring and competing against those bigger and stronger.
View attachment 2118935
Jasper Alger is one of my fave small forwards in this draft

I still think we go mid and KPF at 2 and 22

But if we split 2 then there’s a chance we also draft a small forward

Won a junior BnF as an under age player, also played 2 seasons with gippy power as under age before going to oakleigh chargers. always kicks goals, so no stranger to scoring and competing against those bigger and stronger.
View attachment 2118935

I'm no draft expert, but I would have thought he looks a bit young to draft this year...

Last edited:
If a club wants pick 2 they are trading up to select a player that won't be there at their pick, they need to pay accordingly, and pick 6 and 17 as you suggested isn't a good deal for us. If we're splitting the pick then we need to make sure we get a pick within the top 5 and another preferably within the top 10 perhaps one or two later.

You're dreaming. If we managed to get Picks 6 and 10 for Pick 2, we would have made out like bandits. A top 5 and a top 10 is not happening.

Our Pick 2 is absolutely certain to become Pick 3 due to a father-son bid on Levi Ashcroft.

Our best chance of making a trade is with Richmond after they've completed their business with Fremantle and Gold Coast. They might like the idea of having the two best kids after Ashcroft. They could be holding 6, 9, 10, and 16. We would like 6 and 9, and they would prefer it to be 10 and 16. I'm hoping it lands closer to our favour than theirs.

A friend of mine works at Haileybury college and is an assistant coach thier under Matthew Lloyd. Caught up with him over the weekend and he says that the best player they have ever had come through was LDU by a country mile. He states that we still haven’t seen the best of him.
On another note he rates Armstrong as the best KP player he has seen in his 9 years there. Well ahead of King twins. He says he is strong and has the best set of hands he has seen at junior level. One grabs everything.
Also states that Taj Hotton was something special. In the Sheezel category before he did his knee.
Any combo of Armstrong, MReid, Hotton, Berry, Smith, Draper, Tauru or Hannaford would make me happy.

We need class and all of the above bring it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back