Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tauru and Armstrong are the 2 I want the most, but I reckon Armstrong gone at 5 and Tauru around 8-10……we could be shifting ourselves out of both of them. That’s where I think it’s nuts.
Yes, I love the potential of Harry and Alix but so much to play out, just because nothing in the media coming out about our pick 2 don't think other clubs wont ask on draft night. Is it just that everybody wants two picks in this talented draft or is there someone around that 9/10/11/12/13 mark that teams are zeroing in on? Maybe a bit of both?

On my novice board I want Tauru first, so it makes sense for me.

If you look on the Dees board, the overwhelming consensus there is that they want a high-end mid. I'll be a little surprised if they take Armstrong, their KPF woes notwithstanding, especially given the uncertainty around Oliver.
This! They may take Harry, but with this Oliver situation I've been saying for a while its absolutely crazy if they don't trade up or don't select a midfielder in this draft.

First year I’ve really seen media types flogging big clubs dead shit teens picks and throwing/tying names to possible slides and trades

Felt like the boys on gettable were goading us to take tauru, now the herald sun have FOS as some holy bounty for the baggers to try and chase - surely there’s some dodgy shit going on here
If you are thinking of Carlton being involved in anything, then chances are that there is some dodgy shit going on.

This! They may take Harry, but with this Oliver situation I've been saying for a while its absolutely crazy if they don't trade up or don't select a midfielder in this draft.
Without Oliver and no real guarantee with Trac, their midfield (which was the source of their power) looks mediocre at best.

With the age of Gawn, Viney, May, the question marks on Oliver and Petracca, the dysfunctional forward line.. they really should be looking to invest in youth. And plenty of it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I’m not sure about that. Melbourne likely finish bottom 4 next year which would be a huge price to pay for a rebuilding club to get their preferred midfielder when they would still be guaranteed one of FOS, Langford smilie or Lalor. Adelaide I would understand more given they would have a clear preference for Draper

I’m not sure about that. Melbourne likely finish bottom 4 next year which would be a huge price to pay for a rebuilding club to get their preferred midfielder when they would still be guaranteed one of FOS, Langford smilie or Lalor. Adelaide I would understand more given they would have a clear preference for Draper
There is no way Melbourne will finish bottom 4 next season.

There is no way Melbourne will finish bottom 4 next season.
No Bradshaw, no Oliver, and question marks over all over Petracca. No neal bullen either and he is an underrated good player - so what does that leave their starting midfield? An ageing Viney, Rivers and Billings? Also not much of a forward line either - closest to to a key forward is Van Rooyen and that’s it.
They finished one spot from the bottom 4 last year and will most likely be worse this year! I think we will even go past them next year.

No Bradshaw, no Oliver, and question marks over all over Petracca. No neal bullen either and he is an underrated good player - so what does that leave their starting midfield? An ageing Viney, Rivers and Billings? Also not much of a forward line either - closest to to a key forward is Van Rooyen and that’s it.
They finished one spot from the bottom 4 last year and will most likely be worse this year! I think we will even go past them next year.
We are a chance to go past them next year. 30-40% chance we do i reckon. It depends on alot of things but Parker and Darling working to improve the side and a good start to the year could improve those odds. If they fall apart that also improves the odds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are a chance to go past them next year. 30-40% chance we do i reckon. It depends on alot of things but Parker and Darling working to improve the side and a good start to the year could improve those odds. If they fall apart that also improves the odds.

We were one favourable bounce away from beating them this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back