Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep he looks good.

Harvey Langford ripping it up. 190cm mid.

Was just coming on to post about Langford, I’ve been big on him for a long time, but I am certain he’ll end up a top 5/6 player from this draft. You can teach his innate ability to find the ball wherever he plays. It’ll be out of him, Levi Ashcroft and Jagga Smith as to who wins the MVP of the carnival.

Jack Ough is one who is really slipping under the radar, tall (193-94cm) winger half back, hard runner, good decision maker and beautiful skills. Because of his height and running capacity combination he’ll have a tonne of upside.
I'm hoping we can upgrade our wings over the next couple of drafts. Atm, we are getting 45-55 vanillaish possessions with 10-20 turnovers a game.

A far cry from what clarko had at Hawthorn.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched FOS pretty closely over the second half and was pretty impressed tbh. Very unselfish and plays team-first footy. Plenty of mongrel and fights hard offensively and defensively.
Then there are the moments of high class as Roos fanatic mentioned above. There was a 20m plus handball out on the far wing under a ton of pressure that was just perfectly weighted for a teammate. Very high footy IQ.

Have liked Jobe Shanhans game todayC, has so much upside with his athleticism and natural forward craft.

Jack Whitlock is so raw as a key forward, there is upside there but will take a lot of development at before he is an AFL player.
I’m big fan of Shanahan. Has the size and athleticism to make it at AFL level. Someone else questioned his competitiveness but I think it’s fine -attacks the ball really well in the air. I think you mentioned somewhere you see him growing into a very big, strong body - I see that as well. What draft range do you see him at at this stage?

Lalor goals

They pronouncing his name as lawlor as opposed to laylor, is that the correct pronunciation?
Yep. But the Laylor pronunciation is pretty commonly used as with the suburb, though the bloke they named the suburb for probably pronounced it Law-luh.
Doesn’t really matter as the commentators will get the pronunciation wrong regardless once he’s drafted. IMG_0384.png

I’m big fan of Shanahan. Has the size and athleticism to make it at AFL level. Someone else questioned his competitiveness but I think it’s fine -attacks the ball really well in the air. I think you mentioned somewhere you see him growing into a very big, strong body - I see that as well. What draft range do you see him at at this stage?

Had him at 24 in my latest rankings, behind Faull and Whitlock x 2 but I’m starting to reconsider that, especially after todays outing.

I watched FOS pretty closely over the second half and was pretty impressed tbh. Very unselfish and plays team-first footy. Plenty of mongrel and fights hard offensively and defensively.
Then there are the moments of high class as Roos fanatic mentioned above. There was a 20m plus handball out on the far wing under a ton of pressure that was just perfectly weighted for a teammate. Very high footy IQ.

Has very good vision, with the skills and decision making to match.

Very underdone today, but some snippets of his potential there.

Unfortunately, FOS hasn’t got many more chances to play this year, with the VC Vs VM game to come, leaving only a 3/4 games for Oakleigh in the Coates League. Seems unlikely at this stage that the Oakleigh will play finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back