Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have to say the anticipation of who our key forward is for this years draft is simply off the charts!
Whether we split {if we are able} or we take our gun mid and see who's left in the second round for our guy, its going to be in my eye, the most anticipated pick in 20 years.

Its good to see different points of view and reasoning whether your just a few looks at the players involved or in spare time able to watch them play. As with the top six players {the mids} and where they are rated, its the same for where the key forwards are going to go in this draft so many different positions it really is so intriguing, and a fact not yet discussed is what if we like a key forward and we have intel that he's also liked by three or four clubs and by some way or another we can't split our pick, do we take him with our first pick, knowing another club will grab him or do we just take one of the mids and take whoever is next on our list.
Agree

Essentially if we split pick 2 we will get 1 of Shanahan/Armstrong plus can still grab another at 22

And if we don’t we still get 1 of Gerryn, Faull or J Whitlock at 22

That video was pretty good.

It would be pretty good business to split 2 for Tauru and one of Armstrong and Shanahan, and then get Hannaford with our second rounder. Covers the bases.

Last edited:
I like it, but think there's no chance Hannaford gets through to our second rounder.
With all the mids and kpp, there is every chance he makes it to 22.

Most teams are stacked with small fwds while we have **** all.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah great call…….i think he’s got even more potential to play anywhere. Heeney like.
I don't usually get too attached to draftees pre draft, but I really want us to draft Tauru. Would be exciting having he and Duursma at each end of the ground.

Mentioned earlier, his marking, versatility and courage remind me of Adam Hunter from the Eagles. Like him, reckon Tauru could play just about any position from the highlights I've seen.

24 touches, 2 marks, 9 tackles and kicked 1.1.

Range? I'd take him as early as 5. I can't see him going later than 15.
And 7 clearances and 7 i50's :)

With all the mids and kpp, there is every chance he makes it to 22.

Most teams are stacked with small fwds while we have **** all.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dreaming. Smalls are about the hottest commodity in the game and most sides have one good one at best. Hawks, GWS and Geelong all play 4+ and you can bet other teams will be playing copycat this offseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back