Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Tauru as well. Athletic, competitive and could play almost anywhere.
Hoping we can get another 2nd rounder with our F2 off GC/Tigers.
On Tauru, I kind of see him as developing into defensive utility in the Tom Stewart mould where you set him up in a structure and tell him to do his thing.

Does he have the smarts, vision and skill to be dangerous on the rebound like Stewart?

I remember Carey having plenty of quiet ones before turning games on their head in the space of a few minutes. That's the thing about quality big men, always dangerous, and kudos to the kid for staying involved and capitalising on opportunities. You could mark down a 5th goal with his tackle and HTB decision 20 out resulted in his team mate playing on and scoring. 5 Goals in a quiet outing, I'll take that all day.
Amazing to still kick 4 when it’s not your day.

You don't know that what if all 4 of them were in the same draft? You would be saying there is no clear stand out and it's an even draft.
There might be players in this draft that end up having similar careers than some of the players I mentioned, but none have been coveted and spoken about in the same light leading up to the draft. Daicos, Reid and to a lesser extent JHF were identified as generational talent in their draft years and offers to move up to pick them reflected as much. Those kind offers won’t be tabled this year

On Tauru, I kind of see him as developing into defensive utility in the Tom Stewart mould where you set him up in a structure and tell him to do his thing.

Does he have the smarts, vision and skill to be dangerous on the rebound like Stewart?
I'm sure that's probably where he'd start. Only seen a couple of full games of him and the rest just highlights so not sure how dangerous he is on the rebound. Soup or RF08 might know a bit more on that.

His potential comes from his athleticism upside potential and his contested/intercept marking imo.

He still has plenty of scope for development but from what I’ve seen his skills and decision making really need some work. Very hit and miss particularly foot. It’s not a technical thing though, as his kicking action is very fluid.

His potential comes from his athleticism upside potential and his contested/intercept marking imo.

He still has plenty of scope for development but from what I’ve seen his skills and decision making really need some work. Very hit and miss particularly foot. It’s not a technical thing though, as his kicking action is very fluid.
In ways that seems like a real drawback then. Thanks, rf08 for the answer.

What about in a train the house down type of way?

It would be a very close race between Jagga Smith, FOS & Draper.

I’ve heard that Smith and Draper are as professional as they come when it comes to their training and off field stuff.

FOS is very determined and already is an elite runner, so I’d imagine he had pretty bloody good training standards.

There might be players in this draft that end up having similar careers than some of the players I mentioned, but none have been coveted and spoken about in the same light leading up to the draft. Daicos, Reid and to a lesser extent JHF were identified as generational talent in their draft years and offers to move up to pick them reflected as much. Those kind offers won’t be tabled this year
Lol, list managers and recruiters see things very differently and stay tight-lipped about who they rate and where.

For all you know, Adelaide might pay handsomely for Draper or f1. The Aints could overpay to move up from 7, and Richmond, GC, and Freo have enough capital to make moves.

There are always deals thrown around at the pointy end of drafts. This will be no different.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be a very close race between Jagga Smith, FOS & Draper.

I’ve heard that Smith and Draper are as professional as they come when it comes to their training and off field stuff.

FOS is very determined and already is an elite runner, so I’d imagine he had pretty bloody good training standards.
Thanks for that rf08. I haven't heard much but I have heard draper... Might have a bit of a small town mentality which is a bit of a concern for some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back