Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Flight risk 100% buyer beware

I can tell you for reasons I'm not willing to disclose that he 100% is not a flight risk.

And you can take that to the bank 110%.

110% always found that bizarre.. so you’re sure?

I'm tipping over to 120%

This kid's a pro. And that's not to say he won't end up staying home anyways but there's no fear on this one, even with what that other fella did. At that, if the Crows want him they're going to need to trade in.

The Filth Wizard was Sid Draper this whole time

Shocked The Usual Suspects GIF

Tobie Travaglia 2nd in 2km trial was 6:13 minutes. Will Hayes & Hamish Davis 6.18. Jasper Alger 6.28.

Twomey mentioned today he is one of 3 players in the mix for the Tiggers at 1.

FOS and Smith the other two.
Richmond would be moronic not to pick Jagga. If Smith is there at two, I would be pulling the trigger. Players that do 90% of things in a game better than 95% of the opposition rarely come around.

i don't mind going to the draft with just 2 and 22 (and then upgrade a rookie)

that's a gun mid at 2 and a KPF at 22 (which will be pushed out a bit)

but yes I would also be open to splitting 2
Given that the Tigs are rumoured to be big on FOS/Smith/Lalor @1, then we could potentially split our first with them which allows them to get 2 of those 3. Or keep pick 2 and select one of the two best gun mids, Smith/Draper. Then use our 2nd on the best available KPF, Jitlock/Mitlock/Faull/Sims/Gerreyn.

Given that the Tigs are rumoured to be big on FOS/Smith/Lalor @1, then we could potentially split our first with them which allows them to get 2 of those 3. Or keep pick 2 and select one of the two best gun mids, Smith/Draper. Then use our 2nd on the best available KPF, Jitlock/Mitlock/Faull/Sims/Gerreyn.

That's a real good point. If they're holding two picks mid first round and they are salivating over the top 2 or 3, they will be thirsty for a trade of picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can tell you for reasons I'm not willing to disclose that he 100% is not a flight risk.

And you can take that to the bank 110%.
You’ve told me these things before and I’ve believed you…

1728036477947.gif

Nah I hope we are absolutely considering him at 2. Has the versatility that we’d want. With his attributes could definitely be best player of the lot.
Has good attributes but the injuries, the tank and kicking efficiency are my queries on him, but he ticks the competitor box.
To be fair I also query the kicking efficiency of Langford and Smillie.

He was 191 earlier in year....He's also a Hawks Next Gen, which I didn't realise. Terrific!!
Alix isn't a hawks Next Gen player as far as I know LB2Snake unless like Riley Sanders he was added late, because he doesn't qualify for them, are you 100% sure? I have heard nothing from other supporters and trust me they wouldn't be very happy if that was the case, there are more than a few clubs interested in Alix! Hawthorn supporters thought they may have had Moraes, Tauru and I can't think of the other player in their academy but they don't, so all three are free to the other clubs. If I'm wrong I do apologize.

Alix isn't a hawks Next Gen player as far as I know LB2Snake unless like Riley Sanders he was added late, because he doesn't qualify for them, are you 100% sure? I have heard nothing from other supporters and trust me they wouldn't be very happy if that was the case, there are more than a few clubs interested in Alix! Hawthorn supporters thought they may have had Moraes, Tauru and I can't think of the other player in their academy but they don't, so all three are free to the other clubs. If I'm wrong I do apologize.
Read an older article saying he was a Hawks NGA prospect back in 2023. Maybe Alix doesn't qualify now?
Surely Calculating Cal would have mentioned it every time he mentioned the Flying Viking.

Richmond would be moronic not to pick Jagga. If Smith is there at two, I would be pulling the trigger. Players that do 90% of things in a game better than 95% of the opposition rarely come around.

I agree we'd be fortunate to see Smith on the board at 2, but I reckon a live trade at that point would be the only way we'll get a decent value split of pick 2, and I hope we are putting in the groundwork for that scenario. Small chance but could be a good payoff.

They think he’ll kick a heap of goals resting forward. Could be boomer like reading the ball off packs. Snaps the footy well without looking. Quick enough to worry defenders.

He’ll create a lot of goals too with his short kicks and creative hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back