Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just really want to play for North.
You know how they have F/S, F/D days, Community clinics, you’d think they do a “Middle Aged Men pretending to be young and Draftable” day just for us

Not even worth discussing. 7+ 8 + 27 for 2 + 59, maybe.
Just an opening gambit! I’d ultimately be happy with 2 & 24 for 7 & 8. I know majority of saints wouldn’t which tells me it’s a reasonable deal.

We get our man 2. Lalor and another good range lotto ticket, you guys probably grab 7. Armstrong and 8. Tauru?

Just an opening gambit! I’d ultimately be happy with 2 & 24 for 7 & 8. I know majority of saints wouldn’t which tells me it’s a reasonable deal.

We get our man 2. Lalor and another good range lotto ticket, you guys probably grab 7. Armstrong and 8. Tauru?
We would do that in a nanosecond, couldn't see your team giving up so much for Lalor though.

LOL, I enjoy the word gambit. I'd go Armstrong & then whoever gave me the best feeling out of Lalor/Smilie/Travaglia probably, even include the Russian kid. почему нет?

If we had 7&8, this is what my draft board would look like:

1.Ashcroft
2.Lombard
3.Kako
4.Armstrong (Melbourne @5)
5.Smith (Richmond @1)
6.Draper (WC @3)
7.FOS (ADE @4)
8.Lalor (StK @2)
9.Tauru
10.Berry
11.Hannaford
12.Murphy (GC @6)
13.Smillie (ESS @9)
14.Trainor
15.Hotton
16.Whitlock.
17.Shanahan
18.Allan
19.Lindsay
20. Dattoli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not seeing what others are in Armstrong from limited viewing. Nowhere near draft year Harry McKay, JUH or Walter imo.

Maybe need to dive deeper.

If we had 7&8, this is what my draft board would look like:

1.Ashcroft
2.Lombard
3.Kako
4.Armstrong (Melbourne @5)
5.Smith (Richmond @1)
6.Draper (WC @3)
7.FOS (ADE @4)
8.Lalor (StK @2)
9.Tauru
10.Berry
11.Hannaford
12.Murphy (GC @6)
13.Smillie (ESS @9)
14.Trainor
15.Hotton
16.Whitlock.
17.Shanahan
18.Allan
19.Lindsay
20. Dattoli

Thanks for doing that - eye opening to say the least!

7&8 are really 9&10? Sorry, just catching up on reality, a touch.

Saints can definitely chuck in 27 then, otherwise we end up with that as the outcome of trading, 2?

Why wouldn't we trade maybe our F1 & F2 to GWS for 15,16,36 & F1 as that is potentially worth looking at for this year only!

I'd also probably live trade 22 + 27 for whatever Hotton lands at, and stick him on LTI immediately! Just for fun/if list spots were an issue in that instance.

I note with interest Padawan McGowan’s little dig at us:

What a rise for Tauru, from virtual unknown in the pre-season to potential top-three pick, if defender-needy North Melbourne take the leap, as some think they might.

I fear Darth Damo is turning him to the dark side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back