Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The testing from the combine has made me even keener on the both the Whitlocks and Gerryen.

Dunno how we turn 2 and 25 into 3/4 picks in between 8-20 but I’d prefer to have more picks in that range than just one in the top tier
Where are the results?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The testing from the combine has made me even keener on the both the Whitlocks and Gerryen.

Dunno how we turn 2 and 25 into 3/4 picks in between 8-20 but I’d prefer to have more picks in that range than just one in the top tier
Listening to Brady earlier today, he said that they would only split 2 to go back a few spots in the order, and clarified by saying “3 or 4 at most”. That would put us in the frame for Gold Coast’s pick 6 (possibly via Richmond) as well as an additional pick. He mentioned that they’re really keen to use our future first to get back into the first round as well, if it’s not used during the trade period to secure an established player, such as Houston.

Listening to Brady earlier today, he said that they would only split 2 to go back a few spots in the order, and clarified by saying “3 or 4 at most”. That would put us in the frame for Gold Coast’s pick 6 (possibly via Richmond) as well as an additional pick. He mentioned that they’re really keen to use our future first to get back into the first round as well, if it’s not used during the trade period to secure an established player, such as Houston.

If F1 is on the table, it’s pretty obvious that we rate this draft. I reckon the idea would be to get 4 picks inside that 24-25 mark and still maintain a downgraded F1. Take a midfielder, two talls and a small forward with our picks.

Plenty probably don’t agree with me but Tauru reminds me of Mason Wood. Athletic slightly undersized key forward that really launches at the footy.
Its funny you say that, watching his marking and how he goes about it, one person clearly comes to mind, so much so that it was eerily a dead ringer for that person, that person, Nick Riewoldt. You have Mason Wood, me its Nick and I'm sure there will be a couple more in the next two weeks. Another funny fact they are both 193cm, the first couple of marks is all it took, I thought "wow", that looks so familiar then after a bit it clicked, it was very down pat with the way Nick used to mark.

Brisbane getting a couple bargains here.

Under 18 Championship stats across 2023 & 2024 for the 'top 30' prospects.

The player who would most improve us from my perspective is Harvey Langford. His dual ability as a midfielder and forward directly addresses NM's key deficiencies in I50, clearances, & forward pressure. Additionally, his strong clearance and ball winning attributes would provide much-needed support in midfield contests.

Langford’s versatility and ability to influence multiple areas of weakness for us make him the standout choice (With what is actually available).

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 3.41.26 PM.png

Last edited:
Just rewatching a chunk of Shanahan's highlights, and looking aside from his contested work, I really like his goal-kicking action. It reminds me a little of Souva's, with the movement kept quite tight and small. Opinions from those who have watched more of him?
Good goal kicking action, would be close to number 2 for key forwards in this draft, no negatives from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane getting a couple bargains here.

Under 18 Championship stats across 2023 & 2024 for the 'top 30' prospects.

The player who would most improve us from my perspective is Harvey Langford. His dual ability as a midfielder and forward directly addresses NM's key deficiencies in I50, clearances, & forward pressure. Additionally, his strong clearance and ball winning attributes would provide much-needed support in midfield contests.

Langford’s versatility and ability to influence multiple areas of weakness for us make him the standout choice (With what is actually available).

View attachment 2134255
Langford a bit too slow I think, will get caught holding the ball at the next level.
I like him but think he lacks the class with his ball use of some others.
Interesting Smith and Lindsay top 5 in a lot of categories. Clarko does love his left footers.

Langford a bit too slow I think, will get caught holding the ball at the next level.
Interesting Smith and Lindsay top 5 in a lot of categories. Clarko does love his left footers.
Did Lindsay do a PCL or ACL?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which Smith are you referring too? Jagga is a right footer no?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back