Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate the work you put into your analysis, but results might need to be adjusted for games played - Lindsay looks complete from your data, but he only played 3 games, others in the sample played more than double that
That's fair, it's an overall average across all games played over a couple of seasons. It's just something I do for myself and if someone wants to read it, all the power to them.

I did enquire to Champion Data for access to all their data but they wanted to charge me $80,325 (Ex GST) a year for the pleasure :D

If F1 is on the table, it’s pretty obvious that we rate this draft. I reckon the idea would be to get 4 picks inside that 24-25 mark and still maintain a downgraded F1. Take a midfielder, two talls and a small forward with our picks.
Would be the perfect draft if we can manage to do this.

That's fair, it's an overall average across all games played over a couple of seasons. It's just something I do for myself and if someone wants to read it, all the power to them.

I did enquire to Champion Data for access to all their data but they wanted to charge me $80,325 (Ex GST) a year for the pleasure :D
yeah, I sympathise with the corporatisation of information

Langford does look a step off the pace, good decisions and outcomes for the most part though. Lindsay has a bit of the 'all or nothings' about him - his clean hits are amazing, but seems to balls it up more than you'd like.
Not against taking him but at pick 2 I'd be surprised. If we moved back a little and took him fair enough.
Positives are his consistent production, courage, hard running and can go forward and hit the scoreboard.

I think Lindsay we might also have a similar type in Hardemann and McKercher, so not sure we take him, just interesting to see the stats. We could also look at Harry Oliver later on as a similar type than using a 1st rounder on Lindsay.
It'll be interesting to see who we take that's for sure.

Not against taking him but at pick 2 I'd be surprised. If we moved back a little and took him fair enough.
Positives are his consistent production, courage, hard running and can go forward and hit the scoreboard.

I think Lindsay we might also have a similar type in Hardemann and McKercher, so not sure we take him, just interesting to see the stats. We could also look at Harry Oliver later on as a similar type than using a 1st rounder on Lindsay.
It'll be interesting to see who we take that's for sure.
What it says to me is, pick 2 isn't as valuable this year. I'd be surprised if we didn't knock on the Saints door and offer pick 2 & 22 for 7 and 8.

Based on what Rawlings said today "Happy to slide but only a few spots and increase draft capital" I don't see any other club suitable to entertain it.

What it says to me is, pick 2 isn't as valuable this year. I'd be surprised if we didn't knock on the Saints door and offer pick 2 & 22 for 7 and 8.

Based on what Rawlings said today "Happy to slide but only a few spots and increase draft capital" I don't see any other club suitable to entertain it.
the only one is richmond imo

as mentioned prior they want 2 of lalor, smith, FOS

the only one is richmond imo

as mentioned prior they want 2 of lalor, smith, FOS
Once all the trades play out as speculated, then yes, there is some potential with Richmond but as it sits right now, they only have pick one and a few disinterested players & a coach barely surviving the mutiny.

That's not the results. It's the top 10.

I don't know why, and say it every year, they won't release all the results - every player and all categories. I want to know their arm length and standing reach, not their height.

Sphynx can you post the below like you did last year if and when you have them?
ArmHandReachAbsVJAbsRunVJ_RAbsRunVJ_LVJRunVJ_RRunVJ_L

Brisbane getting a couple bargains here.

Under 18 Championship stats across 2023 & 2024 for the 'top 30' prospects.

The player who would most improve us from my perspective is Harvey Langford. His dual ability as a midfielder and forward directly addresses NM's key deficiencies in I50, clearances, & forward pressure. Additionally, his strong clearance and ball winning attributes would provide much-needed support in midfield contests.

Langford’s versatility and ability to influence multiple areas of weakness for us make him the standout choice (With what is actually available).

View attachment 2134255
Langford just tested bottom 4 at the whole combine in the 20m sprint. Thats glacial, and imo spells high bust potential for an inside/outside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our #22 is now #25 since those clubs got free agency compensation. Sliding back to 7 & 8 is potentially risky because there’s a chance that Melbourne and Richmond (with pick 6) could take both Tauru and Armstrong off the board before pick 7. Everyone knows Melbourne’s long-term struggles with key forwards and Richmond could select a tall after going for a mid with pick 1. I think Brady realises this, which is why he said something like “not sliding back far, only 3-4 spots”. I reckon it’s important for pick 6 to be included in any pick swaps that we do.

Combine results as a cumulative score - 10 points for finishing first, 9 for second etc etc

Covered is the 2km, 20m sprint, Agility, Standing Vert and Running Vert.

View attachment 2134440

Really surprised Allan ended up being so high, watching him play he doesn’t strike me as an out and out athletic type. Also surprised that Armstrong ended up being so low, wouldn’t surprise me if J. Whitlock ends up going before him because of the athletic upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back