Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said before that if Brew was on out list in the last 2 years he would've played 30 odd AFL games.
I think we've gone past needing him now, but there are other AFL clubs that could use him still.

Bice kicking skills are elite, just need to add 5 to 7kgs. I'd be happy if we took him, we need better ball users. Reminds me of Jason Watts who was drafted out of Werribee many years ago.

I like Henderson, just not sure what role he would play at AFL level. Don't think he could play full mid. Maybe wing, high half forward, possibly small forward role.

You’d have Henderson playing high half forward, he is an elite ground level player, tough as nails and covers the ground easily with repeat effort and gut running. Avg’d over 15km a game at VFL level with shortened quarters.

I know people have gone cold on him, but I would be very happy with Smillie at 2, he or Lalor would be excellent gets if we can't split our pick. Would much prefer we achieve this by splitting our pick 2 but looking unlikely that happens.
Smillie likely to still be there at 6-8 I reckon.

First year I’ve really seen media types flogging big clubs dead shit teens picks and throwing/tying names to possible slides and trades

Felt like the boys on gettable were goading us to take tauru, now the herald sun have FOS as some holy bounty for the baggers to try and chase - surely there’s some dodgy shit going on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon 2 for 6 and a teens pick is madness. Batshit crazy from us.
Its only crazy if we plan on taking one of Langford / Jagga / FOS / Draper / Reid / Lalor / Smillie with our first pick, imo.

If Tauru or Armstrong were at the top of our chart, then I reckon it makes a lot of sense.

Its only crazy if we plan on taking one of Langford / Jagga / FOS / Draper / Reid / Lalor / Smillie with our first pick, imo.

If Tauru or Armstrong were at the top of our chart, then I reckon it makes a lot of sense.
Tauru and Armstrong are the 2 I want the most, but I reckon Armstrong gone at 5 and Tauru around 8-10……we could be shifting ourselves out of both of them. That’s where I think it’s nuts.

Tauru and Armstrong are the 2 I want the most, but I reckon Armstrong gone at 5 and Tauru around 8-10……we could be shifting ourselves out of both of them. That’s where I think it’s nuts.
On my novice board I want Tauru first, so it makes sense for me.

If you look on the Dees board, the overwhelming consensus there is that they want a high-end mid. I'll be a little surprised if they take Armstrong, their KPF woes notwithstanding, especially given the uncertainty around Oliver.

Dees do need a key forward but I think that's what they are trying to get by trading their F1 into the mid/late teens.
With Petracca and Oliver situations being a bit messy, I think they go best talent being a midfielder at pick 5.
If Armstrong is gone, we could take Tauru/Smillie/J Whitlock/Shanahan at 6 and take J Whitlock/GMan at 14.

I think there is a good chance we put our F1 on the table on draft night for Bombres pick 9 (Kako bid).
It's aggressive but bringing in a kid 12 months earlier will speed up the development. We'll see what happens.

I like the 2 snake . But I’m seeing Shanahan more than Armstrong from the highlights reel … am I missing something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back