Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw this pop up on YouTube.....Tigger supporters losing their minds in the comments :drunk:

I'm undecided on whether we should split 2 or not, but based on those comments I kind of hope we do a trade like he's suggesting with the Tigers just to see their supporters lose their shit.

After watching more footage today and having a look at his numbers this season more closely, I’m coming around to him.

But not at 2 and only if we have more than one pick in the top 15.

The BONT!!!!!!

Pick 2 all the way.

Best overhead - check

Longest penetrating kick - check

Most running bounces - check

Hits score board as much or more than anyone - check

Up there with smith for most clearances

Hasn’t played a bad game in 2024 across Coates, academy, champs, vfl

1:28 evades 2 tacklers and then hits nice kick - ok

1:34 clearance - lol too slow?

2:45 wins one vs 2 - no words needed

Pick 2

The BONT!!!!!!

Pick 2 all the way.

Best overhead - check

Longest penetrating kick - check

Most running bounces - check

Hits score board as much or more than anyone - check

Up there with smith for most clearances

Hasn’t played a bad game in 2024 across Coates, academy, champs, vfl

1:28 evades 2 tacklers and then hits nice kick - ok

1:34 clearance - lol too slow?

2:45 wins one vs 2 - no words needed

Pick 2

Can see more Fyfe comparisons than Bont. Kid can play.

When we have Wil Dawson up and going alongside Logue, that frees up Comben as our intercept defender which he has already shown he is more than capable of this year and will only get better at it with more experience.

At the same time, we have 1 key forward in Larkey, a stop gap in Darling, a project in Maley and a contributor in Teakle. If Larkey was to go down, the cupboard is bare.

As for small forwards we have Curtis who is sort of a small forward plus a couple of bargain basement/ Reject Shop guys. No high-end talent.

At least Tauru can play forward and doesn't have a history of concussion issues.

When we have Wil Dawson up and going alongside Logue, that frees up Comben as our intercept defender which he has already shown he is more than capable of this year and will only get better at it with more experience.

At the same time, we have 1 key forward in Larkey, a stop gap in Darling, a project in Maley and a contributor in Teakle. If Larkey was to go down, the cupboard is bare.

As for small forwards we have Curtis who is sort of a small forward plus a couple of bargain basement/ Reject Shop guys. No high-end talent.

At least Tauru can play forward and doesn't have a history of concussion issues.
if we got trainor we could swing chom forward

if we split 2 could get both tauru and trainor

I liked watching Lalor's highlights.

There's a bit of Petracca about him.

Just about every draftee ranking I see has him in that 4-8 range....is pick 2 too much?
Hey Dan, on potential, no, of all the midfielders {I think some of these boys are going to rock} Sam in my opinion has the most potential, I said this earlier this year that he could be absolute top shelf and I haven't changed my opinion, I know plenty are not convinced because Sam & Finn had an injury riddled year, but that happens, what people must remember is you don't lose your ability or your potential, its still there. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Richmond took him at pick #1, some people think it may be a reach, I don't.

Yeah, no thanks

This year, for list balance purposes we need 4 1st round picks in my opinion.

1 x Midfielder
1 x gun Small Forward
2 x Key Forwards
Geez I hope we trade out 2 and f2 and get 3 players this year.

Armstrong or Tauru
Whitlock, Faull or Gerreyn
Hannaford or Berry

Either keep Drury or rookie River Stevens.

Either way, that'd be a exceptional off-season I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Dan, on potential, no, of all the midfielders {I think some of these boys are going to rock} Sam in my opinion has the most potential, I said this earlier this year that he could be absolute top shelf and I haven't changed my opinion, I know plenty are not convinced because Sam & Finn had an injury riddled year, but that happens, what people must remember is you don't lose your ability or your potential, its still there. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Richmond took him at pick #1, some people think it may be a reach, I don't.
For sure Richmond will be trying to work out who we want the most at pick 2, threaten to, or actually, take him to more force our hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back