2024 Offseason Thread - NBA Draft June 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

In a way yes, but in PG3s mind do you think he wants to play 3rd fiddle on offense?

Only players I see joining Philly are ones who are okay to play off the ball in reality . Id say Caldwell-Pope definetly going to 76ers and feel Miles Bridges will head that way too
Probably interchange with Maxey for 2nd fiddle maybe for the first season and then see who can do it better.

Some players can surprise you with the sacrifices they are willing to make.

Klay?

Yes, but where? In my eyes it would be only San Antonio or Miami interested

San Antonio dont have enough to trade and Miami to me probably wont be willing to pay what Atlanta would want.

He is somewhat stuck at the Hawks really
Clips? They could do with a PG.

Suns if they trade one of the three most likely Beal.

Magic are young and upcoming, have cap room and assets for a trade.

There are other options. We have been linked to Jarrett Allen, although I doubt Cleveland are dealing him and I'm not sure he's the right fit with Zion either. Clint Capela, ditto.

I wouldn't mind taking Day'Ron Sharpe and Cam Johnson off Brooklyn's hands, but I don't see much in it for them.

Wendell Carter has also been suggested, but that prospect doesn't thrill me either.
No way Cleveland giving up Allen for Ingram for example or even giving up Allen in general unless the offer is huge.

Capela is a terrible fit, id rather Vuc.

Sharpe, Johnson doesnt make any sense. Murphy and Cam Johnson just gonna chuck up 3s from the bench together

Carter is a good shout. Somewhat better then Ayton due to his contract being better but hardly a game changer either

Probably interchange with Maxey for 2nd fiddle maybe for the first season and then see who can do it better.

Some players can surprise you with the sacrifices they are willing to make.

Klay?
Is Klay making a sacrifice yet?

If Orlando is clearing salary, then they must have someonne in line. Wouldnt shock me if it is Klay on a big deal

Clips? They could do with a PG.

Suns if they trade one of the three most likely Beal.

Magic are young and upcoming, have cap room and assets for a trade.
Harden will stay

No one taking Beals contract on, not even Atlanta

Magic a possibility. Didnt really think about them to be honest. They probably have assets for both Young and Klay which would be a good back court fit

Young
Klay
Wagner
Banchero
Carter

Looks good to me

In a way yes, but in PG3s mind do you think he wants to play 3rd fiddle on offense?

Only players I see joining Philly are ones who are okay to play off the ball in reality . Id say Caldwell-Pope definetly going to 76ers and feel Miles Bridges will head that way too

What? PG's calling card is that he is one of the best off-ball players in the league. He's been the ideal archetype to be the linking piece b/w Embiid and Maxey for a while now.

Wouldn't be a homerun signing if the Sixers got him given his age, but signing him in free agency and still having the draft capital to trade for someone else makes it the clear best option if it were to happen.

What? PG's calling card is that he is one of the best off-ball players in the league. He's been the ideal archetype to be the linking piece b/w Embiid and Maxey for a while now.

Wouldn't be a homerun signing if the Sixers got him given his age, but signing him in free agency and still having the draft capital to trade for someone else makes it the clear best option if it were to happen.
Im more questioning whether he wants to do that as opposed to his ability to do it.

GIven the 3 teams he is meeting with id put Philly as favorites and just ahead of Clippers

No way Cleveland giving up Allen for Ingram for example or even giving up Allen in general unless the offer is huge.

I don't think they will either, but the speculation was that they'd trade either Allen or Garland, because of their skills overlap with Mobley and Mitchell respectively, and that we liked Allen.

Ingram would make some sense for Cleveland, but moreso if he'd been traded for Garland.

Capela is a terrible fit, id rather Vuc.

They're both terrible fits.

Sharpe, Johnson doesnt make any sense. Murphy and Cam Johnson just gonna chuck up 3s from the bench together

It makes a lot of sense if Ingram is the player traded, for us anyway

Murphy moves to the starting line-up where his skillset is a good foil for Zion. Cam Johnson comes off the bench with a similar skillset. If we need to move Johnson on twelve months from now, it's pretty easy to trade him for other pieces.

And we bet on Sharpe as a viable starting centre. Presumably hoping Murray/McCollum/Murphy is enough spacing around Zion. It's not perfect, but the perfect option was staring us in the face three years ago and we passed on it.

But again, I dunno how much sense this makes for Brooklyn. I think they'd trade both Johnson and Sharpe, but if they're going for a total rebuild not sure how Ingram fits that timeline. Third team might make it viable.

Carter is a good shout. Somewhat better then Ayton due to his contract being better but hardly a game changer either

He's a budget answer with all a budget's constraints. Probably OK offensively, but defensively I'm not convinced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Vala could have gone somewhere a little more competitive than the Wizards?!
Surely Wizards should have no interest in the guy too? A bizarre move. Im assuming they think they can flip him for a crappier contract down the line

76ers got moving today with both Eric Gordon and Andre Drummond signing on. PG3 is now a certainty to sign with Clippers giving up + Orlando moving on with KCP (good signing for them at that price).

Westbrook to Denver looks a decent chance of happening. Dont mind that from Denver. A upgrade on Reggie Jackson

Chris Paul to San Antonio seems a dumb move for all involved. Surely he should have went to someone a little more competitive. CP3 could have joined Denver, 76ers for sure id have thought on less money

Surely Wizards should have no interest in the guy too? A bizarre move. Im assuming they think they can flip him for a crappier contract down the line

76ers got moving today with both Eric Gordon and Andre Drummond signing on. PG3 is now a certainty to sign with Clippers giving up + Orlando moving on with KCP (good signing for them at that price).

Westbrook to Denver looks a decent chance of happening. Dont mind that from Denver. A upgrade on Reggie Jackson

Chris Paul to San Antonio seems a dumb move for all involved. Surely he should have went to someone a little more competitive. CP3 could have joined Denver, 76ers for sure id have thought on less money
CP3 yelling and screaming at the kids is a great decision 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back