2024 Phantom draft all invited

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree that Ashcroft is gone at 3 to either Blues or Lions but Carlton did also take another pick so do i re start the draft from pick 4 and have Adelaide pick again

never mind Briztoon has agreed to match the bid and lions get back pick 54
JUst let it go and continue and its no big issue
I know what Britzoon is hoping for but that wont happen

Nobody would trade an earlier pick to get him into a pre Marshall bid and if that did happen how does he get Marshall

Dont worry about it and continue

Nobody would trade an earlier pick to get him into a pre Marshall bid and if that did happen how does he get Marshall

I doubt that's the goal, just a pre-bid trade to turn 27 into more points to match Ashcroft and have some left over for Marshall.

That's not what I was trying to do. No idea how you thought this.

I was offering both picks 27 and 34 to slide back for more points.

It's pretty much accepted on our board that we have pick 27 up for trade, and it will be a live trade on draft night, made when pick one is on the clock or when the Ashcroft bid comes. We did exactly the same in 2022 during the draft, traded our first pick at the start of the draft, before pick one was announced.

I was trying to trade pick 34 to Collingwood, for their 3 picks in the 50's, but that poster wasn't interested.

Was hoping a team like the Bulldogs might have wanted to trade 35 and 48 for pick 27.

I doubt that's the goal, just a pre-bid trade to turn 27 into more points to match Ashcroft and have some left over for Marshall.
But you see thats the point here
Brisbane will get Ashcroft & Marshall automatically doesnt matter if Marshal was bid at pick #8
Brisbane get both their kids and who cares about the points just give them Marshall where ever he is bid and be done with that

That's not what I was trying to do. No idea how you thought this.

I was offering both picks 27 and 34 to slide back for more points.

It's pretty much accepted on our board that we have pick 27 up for trade, and it will be a live trade on draft night, made when pick one is on the clock or when the Ashcroft bid comes. We did exactly the same in 2022 during the draft, traded our first pick at the start of the draft, before pick one was announced.

I was trying to trade pick 34 to Collingwood, for their 3 picks in the 50's, but that poster wasn't interested.

Was hoping a team like the Bulldogs might have wanted to trade 35 and 48 for pick 27.
You are Automatically going to get Both nobody is going to question that and will just let it pass

You are Automatically going to get Both nobody is going to question that and will just let it pass
There's a bigger picture at play for Brisbane. Yes we automatically get both.

But A, we don't want to take a deficit on our 2025 first round pick, so we still need to trade for more points for Marshall, as currently we only have our first 6 picks to take to the draft.

And B, if it's at all possible, I wanted to see if I get could enough picks/points, that I still had a pick in the 50's, so that our third pick wasn't relegated to the end of the draft.

If we can keep a pick in the 50's, I wanted to see how far up the board it could get after the Kako and Lombard bids, and secondly, what KPP's made it through to that part of the draft.

Unfortunately I haven't been on here much over the last 3 days, and wasn't prepared for it beginning today, and then I didn't finish work until 6:30pm local time tonight.

Given Saints have back to back picks, I'll use my next one as well while we wait for bid acceptance.

Pick 9. St Kilda bids on Leonardo Lombard

eth-dog
Yeah matched

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Phantom draft all invited

Remove this Banner Ad

Back