Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

By the way, it's clearly an old fashioned Go Back to the 2's from Lyon, let's hope Ari can pull his head out of wherever it is stuck.

I would have thought the distance he can get on his left leg could be a weapon if he was getting the ball on our defensive 50m arc for example.

There were clearly reasons he slipped in the draft, Saints were no doubt across it, they backed themselves in, time to see if they can get him right. This is the real beginning for the kid, not when they all arrived together.

And if it's an F nothing much lost at all so.

Arie is comfortably the biggest and heaviest of our most recent draftees…

He also had - for over-discussed reasons - an interrupted season last year, including being away from an elite program for quite some time.

Him having to do some extra work is hardly a surprise.

It isn’t pre season unless there’s at least 1 injury, just hope they’re minor. Can’t believe Arie got delisted so quick though. AFL is roofless

If it was simply a question of him having to do some extra training or gain extra fitness, you don't announce it to the media and you certainly don't bill it as "bridging professional standards". That is not an accidental choice of words. It could very easily have been "for extra conditioning" etc. As we all know, Lyon is very deliberate and calculated with his messaging, including in the media.

Balls in Schoenmaker's court now, if he wants it badly enough he'll find himself back with the group in no time, if not we've only lost pock 173 or whatever he was taken at.

Hopefully he pulls his finger out because his long kicking could be a real weapon.

The important thing is that we've isolated the issue and he's less likely to spread his bad habits through our other draftees.

Wilson would already be a favourite of Ross so they've all got an illustration of the two paths they can choose to go down.

So at the end of the day everyone, whether they be ITKs or NITKs, are just spitballing when it comes to Arie O Schoonerwagon
Let me put it to you this way.

If there was a disciplinary issue with Ari.

With the week that we have had with Lethers quitting and the beat up on Ross….

Don’t you think the media would make quite a show about a draftee doing the wrong thing?

And all we have is the herald sun and Cleary saying he is going to do an additional body of fitness work 1 night a week at Sandringham

It hardly matters. We got him with pick 82, the alternative was keeping Dmac whilst we're flush with wingers and maybe Tassie will offer us something for him in a couple of years. Or, he works out and we have a player with some real campaigner and a cannon leg on him.

Every player on the list matters and we should expect them all to get the absolute best out of themselves. Shoenmaker will be on a 2 year contract and is taking up a list position. Lets not forget that adding him to the list meant it shut down the option of looking at other train on players or rookies. Personally I was really keen on Patrick Voss KPP who is training with Fremantle and believe he will make the most of it if he is given the opportunity.

Hopefully Arie can make the required improvements and become the AFL player we all want him to?

This forum is too funny to read. Arie delisted ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Arie disciplinary issues when clearly that isn't what Mitch Cleary said ??!?!?!?!?!?! Arie finished ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Clearly Arie has made the tough call to retire from AFL footy and will now join the VFL team but only has to train once a week because every other night is for getting on the schooners.

Don’t you think the media would make quite a show about a draftee doing the wrong thing?

And all we have is the herald sun and Cleary saying he is going to do an additional body of fitness work 1 night a week at Sandringham

I'm all in on Arie, I reckon he is going to be a star at the Saints.

Carry-on keyboard warriors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just having a look at the fixtures and timing, particularly around Dow and a few of the players getting back into the main training squad now.

Practice matches in 3 and 4 weeks from now. Round 1 in 6.
No VFL until round 2.

I expect some second tier (VFL level) scratch matches between teams in the window between the preseason matches and round 1.

We play meaningful games next month - 44 days from now.
44 Days !!!

Christ, by then people will be accusing RTB of being a shape-changing lizard-person who is secretly working with John Travolta to steal our best players away to play for whatever planet John thinks Scientology comes from..........

Yes, so enough with the histrionics .

Balls in Schoenmaker's court now, if he wants it badly enough he'll find himself back with the group in no time, if not we've only lost pock 173 or whatever he was taken at.

Hopefully he pulls his finger out because his long kicking could be a real weapon.

The important thing is that we've isolated the issue and he's less likely to spread his bad habits through our other draftees.

Wilson would already be a favourite of Ross so they've all got an illustration of the two paths they can choose to go down.
Back with the group? The bloke is training 1 day a week with the VFL squad.

FMD the Kneejerk Knights love to run a mile.

Midfielder Zac Jones continues to be carefully managed and again trained away from the main group on Wednesday, while draftee Arie Schoenmaker ran laps for most of the session as he completes an individual conditioning block.

i dont doubt he needs conditioning. i just think you can do that without sending him to the VFL. i think there might be more to it than just needing fitness.

it'd be interesting to know what he's doing with the VFL side. if its match sim that might make more sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back