Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Every tea room in every business ever used to have drums of International roast. Tasted like soy sauce with arsenic. I remember those old Cafebar bar machines with the twist dial that would spill about quarter of a teaspoon of really cheap instant coffee into your foam cup too.

SaintMatt on SS -
I think Hammer has been on the same chest/shoulders/arms diet that Pou and Owens are on. He's definitely put some decent size on that big frame of his. Still a whole head shorter than Max but that new body shape with his natural aggression will make for some spicy match ups.
I mean… duh… Max is 6’7…

He’s talking about 196cm as if it’s somehow short! 🤨

It’s actually incredible from where we were just three years ago - purely on a list basis. We were heading towards a competitive team with no decent picks (still true), a bunch of aging and expensive guys that we brought in, no kids to speak of and a full rebuild.

Now, like Ross said, Sandy will be exciting let alone the stack of kids we have playing ones.

Definitely but I think the list is much better but the footy department spend and quality has improved exponentially too. Lyon has fixed a lot of the stuff you don't see but has a big say towards improvement.

Who put this list together?

Where is Nackers (or Knackers whatever is your preference)?

And a Nonce in pommy is a pedophile. Your mates call you that, kick them in the nickname above.

One of the guys we went to school with got called Dick Toucher. No-one even knew why we called him that but he didn't seem to care. By year 12 he was just DT so he wore it out.

One of our other mates got called Baby Beets because when he lived in a uni share house that was the only food product he managed to bring in in about 5 years and I reckon he found it in his grandmothers cupboard and it was still there when he left. We'd yell it at him when he was playing sport and opposition thought it was some pedo euphemism. He absolutely hated it.

Another mate got called Alfalfa and I have no idea why. Just seemed to suit him, he was a real alfalfa. Most of them seemed to stick if the person hated the name more than others.

Very confusing times for me. Like you I've spent a decade complaining about how poor the direction or the club, the poor appointments, the lack of vision, standards, quality etc. It's really hard to find anything negative to say since Lyon came back. It's like a new club.

It might not get us to the top of the mountain but it's much more likely than where we were heading not that long ago. Brave decision from Bassat and at a high cost to his credibility if it hadn't gone well.
I was always the sad arsed optimist, hoping with no real substance behind it, maybe wanting just blind luck to play a part.
When I went to training last preseason had to temper how impressed I was due to my irrational optimism. However it was impossible not to notice the change in discipline and structure of training. Having, bj, Lenny and Harvs back helped from the romance side.
Well after our terrible run of injuries and our position at the end of the season, the coaching wrung out every bit of will to get us there. We were totally outclassed in the final.
So the trading and drafting had to step up. Naz Windy and Owens followed by Pou's draft and now this draft along with recruits like Wood, Stocker, Hammer, Henry and Dow has got our list in the right direction.
Reckon there will be another cull end of next season.
Now there is real hope. It may end like 2009 and 10, but we might just get a shot. Since Lyon left in 2011 to his return a decade later, we really were in no position to contend.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of the guys we went to school with got called Dick Toucher. No-one even knew why we called him that but he didn't seem to care. By year 12 he was just DT so he wore it out.

One of our other mates got called Baby Beets because when he lived in a uni share house that was the only food product he managed to bring in in about 5 years and I reckon he found it in his grandmothers cupboard and it was still there when he left. We'd yell it at him when he was playing sport and opposition thought it was some pedo euphemism. He absolutely hated it.

Another mate got called Alfalfa and I have no idea why. Just seemed to suit him, he was a real alfalfa. Most of them seemed to stick if the person hated the name more than others.

Worst thing you can do is let on that you hate a name, then it'll stick for sure.
If it seems like you don't mind it'll probably stick anyway.

I was always the sad arsed optimist, hoping with no real substance behind it, maybe wanting just blind luck to play a part.
When I went to training last preseason had to temper how impressed I was due to my irrational optimism. However it was impossible not to notice the change in discipline and structure of training. Having, bj, Lenny and Harvs back helped from the romance side.
Well after our terrible run of injuries and our position at the end of the season, the coaching wrung out every bit of will to get us there. We were totally outclassed in the final.
So the trading and drafting had to step up. Naz Windy and Owens followed by Pou's draft and now this draft along with recruits like Wood, Stocker, Hammer, Henry and Dow has got our list in the right direction.
Reckon there will be another cull end of next season.
Now there is real hope. It may end like 2009 and 10, but we might just get a shot. Since Lyon left in 2011 to his return a decade later, we really were in no position to contend.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lyon brings momentum. He somehow manages to create an energy and a direction. I was cautiously optimistic on Lyon but he's exceeded my expectations so far. He's across every detail and nothing seems to be left as good enough. Toce was a brilliant appointment too. Seems to have a talent for identification of players that we haven't had since prime John Beverage.

Lyon brings momentum. He somehow manages to create an energy and a direction. I was cautiously optimistic on Lyon but he's exceeded my expectations so far. He's across every detail and nothing seems to be left as good enough. Toce was a brilliant appointment too. Seems to have a talent for identification of players that we haven't had since prime John Beverage.

I don't even care if Lyon is good or bad at coaching. Maybe he's really doing that director of coaching role, his assistants seem to be all very capable coaches in their own right.

I highly doubt clubs would sniff about 1 photo from a couple years ago, especially considering most players get on the bags in the off season.

i dont think baileys issues are isolated to "1 photo from a couple of years ago" if you truly believe that then you're living in some serious denial

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no expert but when the coffee is fresher it has better crema also adjusting the grind and pressure help.
Yep that's on point as an observation, beans de gas/off gas after the roast process is complete where they loose some of the trapped CO2, the older the beans the more this has happened. Takes less time for darker roasted beans to become stale than it does lighter roasted beans

It used to be deliberately misspelling a word was done to be cool, or establish a brand.
Now, it’s a prisoner of marketing dogma.
You sound like Gringwoke

Doc.......I cannot like your Blues Brothers gifs enough.

I p**s myself everytime I watch them.

Another one for you Watto

IDqMdac.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back